Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Last I heard, Terry was ready to start as soon as possible. Having said that, its hard to say how quickly everything will come together. I think probably the biggest question is Tim's schedule since he has some Choir-related stuff lined up and also recording with Rick Elias. I'm sure they'll figure out some way to work around it though.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-17-2012 00:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Choir-shmire - they're grinding it out like sausages, let DA have a go on the roundabout. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Captain Pedantic: 08-17-2012 01:06.

08-17-2012 01:06 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
lobo1023 lobo1023 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-07-2006

Audiori J - in respect to age, it would be interesting to find out the median age of the DA fanbase. Like how many current fans were actual teens (or younger) in the 80's when DA gave us the Chronicles or were most like me, already married and over thirty by the time they released Fearful Symmetry.
08-17-2012 10:32 lobo1023 is offline Search for Posts by lobo1023 Add lobo1023 to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah I bet most DA fans, not counting nerverhoodlians, are probably at least 30 and up. I bet the average would be 40 to 50, but thats just a guess. I mean there are the Shotgun Angel days fans that are probably older than that as well, but if a person was say 17 when Alarma came out they would be 48 now. I bet the middle of the bell curve would be mid to upper 40s or early 50s. Just kinda making rough guesses here though. I think the higher end of the bell curve would be the die hard Shotgun Angel fans who have not drifted away yet, and the low end would be the neverhoodlians.

Now if you throw in the Megamouth fans... and the Frontline Kids fans... and the Raptures fans... then I get confused.

08-17-2012 15:43 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

If you're counting RapSures fans that's...zero.
08-17-2012 16:50 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah thats where the math gets complicated, the rap'sures actually works out to be a negative.

08-17-2012 17:35 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Tim Chandler? I thought they had a new bassist....

Tongue

I'm 32, so I'm a young DA fan, I suppose.

08-17-2012 23:28 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Have there been any impressions from the band on how this has been going?
08-19-2012 20:21 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Terry's the only one that has commented so far on facebook... some of the other guys have shared the link, but not really said too much. Hopefully be able to get some comments from the in an upcoming update. I know everyone is very happy with how things are going... a little surprised that it hit the original goal so fast and went right past it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-19-2012 21:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

21k pledged right now... not far from doubling the goal.

08-20-2012 00:04 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

One more backer away from 300.

Kinda feels like the end of It's A Wonderful Life.
08-21-2012 17:58 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Hit 300 backers.. right at the half-way mark (15 days left).

I have a feeling we'll probably pick up some as it gets closer to the end. Some people are probably waiting.

We should have a new video to put up pretty soon also.

08-21-2012 20:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
One more backer away from 300.

Kinda feels like the end of It's A Wonderful Life.

It's a Decemberween mackerel!
08-22-2012 00:24 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Administrator

Is the total going to end up over double?

08-24-2012 09:26 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

http://youtu.be/8WWG1rcPDRY

08-24-2012 10:03 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

vintage swirling amos there... does anyone have details on Greg's part in the Curiosity landing? allusions are rampant. or is it a general affiliation by virtue of his employer?

Psalm 119:83
08-24-2012 21:00 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
vintage swirling amos there... does anyone have details on Greg's part in the Curiosity landing? allusions are rampant. or is it a general affiliation by virtue of his employer?

According to Mr. Pool/Bergman himself, his team was responsible for building a "tunable laser spectrometer" on the rover for analysis of the atmosphere and soil.
08-24-2012 23:16 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

That would be "historic" if Greg recorded his guitar parts on the new album from mars.

08-25-2012 07:22 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

As of this morning, 8/27 to be exact, the band is $125 dollars away from doubling their initial goal with ten days left to to campaign. So if you've been sitting on the fence about whether or not to jump in, or know someone who has been hanging back, now's the time.

While I don't want to add unverifiable weight to this campaign, I think other artists may be checking in to see if this model will work for a band like DA. It worked for Starflyer 59, but they're newer in the public mindset. But if it works out well DA (s it seems to be) it might spur on all sorts of new works from long dormant artists.
08-27-2012 04:20 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

I do know of a couple that are hoping to take advantage of the momentum of our campaign. Wouldn't surprise me if a few pop up soon after this one is done.

$45 to double the original goal...

08-27-2012 11:59 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH