Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 9 10 [11] 12 13 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We've mostly had really small pledges since we started this round... a lot of $10s, and $20s. Only one fairly good sized one. Hopefully more come in pretty quickly.

I need to check with them and see how much more we need.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-10-2013 23:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Who is photographing DA in the studio?

02-11-2013 21:47 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

So far Tom Gulotta has been doing the photographs and some filming. Memo Salazar has also been filming. We'll be heading there in another day or so to take over the second shift.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-11-2013 23:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

DA sitting down for a little interview...

02-16-2013 00:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

That's a great picture, so much character Big Grin Speaking of interviews, did you guys, I forget who I messaged, get my pm about a possible interview?
Ron

02-16-2013 09:11 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

I don't have a PM from you... Jason said he didn't either this morning.

02-16-2013 09:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

All I was asking was if you'd like a contact email at our local CHristian music station of a guy who does a retro music show on Saturdays. I thought maybe they'd interview and promote the new disc a bit. Its pre-recorded, so likely could be done on Terry's time...or whoever would be interviewed obviously.

02-16-2013 11:14 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

Absolutely.

I'm thinking about setting up a part of the message board where people can just post contact info for radio stations, magazines, websites.... whatever... people that might be willing to write reviews, do interviews or play this thing on the radio.

Things have changed a lot of the last handful of years - a lot of the old sources for "press" have disappeared or went out of business. We need some new contacts before this thing comes out.

02-16-2013 22:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

An artists rendering of Day Six in the studio....

02-16-2013 22:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
lobo1023 lobo1023 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-07-2006

Noisetrade? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are the guys thinking about releasing a few of the tunes for download via Noisetrade? I know for myself, it's been my new primary channel for my music purchases (other than DA/Choir/77s, Bill Malonee) web-sites . I've actually bought more "unfamiliar" music by actually being able to listen than simply buying only "safe" choices.
To quote Derek Webb, one of Noisetrade's founders,
"If I can sell 20,000 records at 10 bucks that's short-term money. Somebody comes to iTunes and buys my record for 10 bucks, that may be the only transaction I have with that person. ... I don't know who they are, I don't know how to find them again, I have no way to interact with that person again beyond that one transaction. "
02-18-2013 08:23 lobo1023 is offline Search for Posts by lobo1023 Add lobo1023 to your Buddy List
Administrator

There will definitely be digital distribution, but no discussion yet on which "venues." iTunes is a no brainer, but beyond that we'll have to see what they want to do.

02-18-2013 09:11 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

What was the outcome of the vinyl LP conversation: throwing at the wall to see if it sticks, or was there substantial enough response to make it a consideration?
02-18-2013 11:34 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

I added some vinyl tiers to the kickstarter page this morning. We're discussing how to let current pledgers add vinyl to their pledges.

02-18-2013 14:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Haven't seen the change on Kickstarter yet, but I'm definitely down for the LP. Does my $50 pledge cover it?
02-18-2013 15:34 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Oh I'm sorry - its on the new Kickstarter page...

www.Danielamos.com/store/kickstarter.html

02-18-2013 17:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Ah. I'm in there somewhere.

I'm hoping that the vinyl offer goes well. It really does suit the DA sensibility and I'd love to see some reissues roll out in the format in the future (especially MotorCycle, being the most obvious beneficiary).

If I need to boot in more to cover the upgrade to vinyl, let me know in PM and I'll make it happen (when I get paid again).
02-18-2013 18:23 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

He said "upgrade" to vinyl...and he meant it! Isn't it funny how it's come around. (is that the right use of "it's"?)

02-19-2013 14:40 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ceremonial Kernel

Digital is utilitarian, and nothing wrong with it. The right tool for the job, etc. Vinyl is experiential. To me, the experience of listening to A Briefing For The Ascent on LP is a lot more emotional than the CD (and that's not even counting in the dialogue bits).
02-19-2013 17:30 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

i agree. as much as having it on in the background is great, ipod on shuffle and all that, no blunted needle, etc...holding the art and reading the liner notes... I know its been said before a thousand times, but, I hear ya.

02-19-2013 19:04 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
lobo1023 lobo1023 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-07-2006

Vinyl Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, can we assume that upping the pledge an additional $5.00 gets the vinyl in the upper tiers too? The offer seems to stop below the $150.00 mark
02-20-2013 07:32 lobo1023 is offline Search for Posts by lobo1023 Add lobo1023 to your Buddy List
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 9 10 [11] 12 13 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH