Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 21 22 [23] 24 25 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's right. I am obsessive about backing everything up. Most people aren't into tech that much.

Also FLAC is quite a discovery. It uses lossless compression and contains metadata just like MP3s. The files are bigger than MP3 but worth it, I think, and not really a burden with terabyte hard drives and 4 GB flash players. It sounds better than MP3 and I use it all the time now.

11-22-2013 12:46 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For the Kickstarter folks....

The vinyl was delayed slightly in Germany due to some kind of airline issue. Shouldn't slow things down to much... they will be arriving here very soon and Terry will start autographing them.

The radio disc should also be shipping in a matter of days... it is being finished up right now. Mixing a variety of interviews on the new album along with some oddities and rarities from the rehearsals, demos and studio sessions. Should be fun!

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-24-2013 16:43 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
lobo1023 lobo1023 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-07-2006

DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Germany?? I am very cognizant of the "global economy" but still amazed at how the stuff I buy and the groups I support are a part of that. What part of the DA recording is connected to Germany?
11-24-2013 21:22 lobo1023 is offline Search for Posts by lobo1023 Add lobo1023 to your Buddy List
Administrator

The vinyl had to pressed overseas. There aren't many vinyl pressing plants these days and all of them have long waiting lists, so you kind of grab any plant that is available I think. It was just passing through Germany... it was actually pressed in the Czech Republic.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-24-2013 21:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I can't wait for my vinyl. The "radio disk"? Is that for Kickstarter folks?

11-25-2013 07:08 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Administrator

Yes, it's a kickstarter item.... probably be available to everyone in one form or another eventually.

11-25-2013 12:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

for those 2 of us who are nosy, is there a way to find out how the sales are going numerically speaking?

Psalm 119:83
12-06-2013 21:08 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Wow, out of the blue, my son-in-law gave me the "Dig Here, Said the Angel" vinyl! I didn't even know he knew I wanted it, but someone was listening. It's to be shipped to me, so it's not here yet, but I'm shocked that someone had enough forethought to actually think about what I wanted, but wouldn't buy for myself. Now, I'm like a little kid waiting for it to show up!
12-25-2013 14:47 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is uber cool. How do I sign up for a son-in-law like that?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by .backs.: 12-25-2013 17:07.

12-25-2013 17:07 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

At the Lost Dogs appearance last summer at Joe's Java I went ape and put 15-20 CDs on my debit card (about $350.00) and among those was "Dig Here...". I got to listen to it then. Some time later the copy I bought from the DA store came in the mail, so I had two copies. I took the newer one to my parents' house to give to my brother but it got misplaced, and I thought possibly trashed. A few days ago I went back and happened to see it laying about, and finally gave it to my brother. Talking with my parents they said indeed they knew about Don Amos and thought the CD was for them! That's 75 percent as funny as Dangling Anus. The Dogs seems more mainstream than DA so I got several of those disks to give as gifts this year. They departed on an extended road trip so I gave them "Scenic Routes". I haven't heard that one myself yet so I'll have to buy another copy.

12-26-2013 01:59 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

Radio disk Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Has the radio disk been shipped? No sign of it here yet.
12-28-2013 08:11 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
Administrator

I was holding it until the custom songs were finished. Those were just finished right before Christmas, so it'll be coming pretty quick here now. Everything else was edited and ready to go.. I just wanted to be able to put folks custom songs on their edition of the radio discs.

12-28-2013 14:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

While we're at it, do we have a ballpark on the vinyl shipping? I'll be moving in the next couple of weeks (approximate) and may have to change the shipping address.

12-29-2013 14:01 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Administrator

Kickstarter and preorder copies already shipped. Brand new orders are shipping, but held up slightly while I wait on some Priority Mail stickers from the USPS. (They used to just give them to me at the post office, but apparently every post office in the region has been told to stop this practice. Frown ) They should be here any day now though and I have a stack of LP boxes ready for them when they arrive.

12-29-2013 15:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

The "final" edit for the radio disc is being sent to the fellers as we speak.. if they approve it, it'll start shipping in the next day or two.

The working track order...

1. Jesus Wept (Album version)
2. Dig Here Said the Angel (Radio Edit)
3. Dialogue: Fans, Friends and Kickstarter Supporters
4. Dialogue: Getting Back Together
5. Dialogue: Songwriting for Dig Here
6. Dialogue: Forward in Progress
7. Dialogue: Recording at the Brown Owl
8. Dialogue: About Ruthless
9. Dialogue: A Little Love, Grace & Mercy
10. Dialogue: The Past, Present and Future
11. Our New Testament Best (Demo)
12. Studio Outtakes: Now That I've Died Sessions
13. Studio Outtakes: Now That I've Died (Early Take)
14-15. Dig Here Commercials (tentatively)
16. Your Custom Song (if you donated for that tier)

12-29-2013 15:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Kickstarter and preorder copies already shipped. Brand new orders are shipping, but held up slightly while I wait on some Priority Mail stickers from the USPS. (They used to just give them to me at the post office, but apparently every post office in the region has been told to stop this practice. Frown ) They should be here any day now though and I have a stack of LP boxes ready for them when they arrive.

How long ago would that be? I ask because I'm hoping they are still enroute and didn't get "misdirected". People in this neighborhood would steal a bent bike rim. Also I assume it's USPS?

12-29-2013 16:06 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Administrator

Most of them went out before Christmas, a few went out after. All went out Priority - but are a bit slow because of the holidays. I can check tracking on yours if you'd like... just give me a name and I can look it up.

12-29-2013 16:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

For me, 2014 isn't going to be nearly as fun as 2013 was, and it was because of this album. May we not have too wait as long for something else.
12-30-2013 17:24 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Woolly Eggwhisk

Got it yisterday!

I'll have to dig out the old turntable now. It's a silver front-loader linear tracking job.

01-14-2014 07:44 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

WAIT...the graphics are beautiful...but...there's a slight problem... Berger's head. It's huge, now. The cat won't come out from under the washer now. now now now noooww you could give a fella a warning. You know Tipper Gore tried to warn us about this

01-14-2014 07:51 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 21 22 [23] 24 25 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH