Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I found both demos! Thanks for the tips on finding them! They are both really great examples of early songwork. I cannot wait for the finished product. In a way, it would be neat to have access to demo versions of these songs at some point in the future. Perhaps it could be a swine before pearls release or something. I do have another question, I saw mention of a survey. I am not sure I ever got asked to do a survey. I will look over previous e-mails from kickstarter, but I do not think I got one.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
11-18-2012 15:46 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't know right off hand how much you pledged, but here's some general info.

- The surveys only exist for pledges of $20 or more. It's mainly for shirt sizes, shipping addresses, songs for the handwritten lyrics, etc.

- You can find the link to your survey by logging into your Kickstarter account... going to the DA Kickstarter page and scrolling down to the amount you pledged. There should be a button there for answering your survey.

This campaign has been a learning experience in some ways... hopefully, if we do it again, we'll have more information up front so everyone knows where to find everything. It's going well though... way beyond our expectations of course. We should have several rewards shipping before the end of the year, if all goes as planned!

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-18-2012 20:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Turns out I did fill out a survey. I did not know if it included more than my address or not. I do remember filling in the info and I just checked to make sure. Thanks again for being part of setting this up and furthering the ministry of DA!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
11-18-2012 22:36 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

Wait...what demos? What am I missing here?

upload photos to paste code
11-19-2012 21:52 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
You might check your spam folder.

Or you can log into the kickstarter Daniel Amos campaign page and click on the updates link. The links to the demos are there if you pledged.

11-19-2012 22:26 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

DrDanAmos,

I presume the "demos" refer to the youtube videos of Uncle Terry performing some live previews of the new songs. I'm pretty sure no more substantial demos will exist until the band gets together next year.
11-21-2012 10:27 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

Right, and that's why I am asking about "demos." I only got a link to one video. Is there more?

upload photos to paste code
11-22-2012 20:36 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

There were two, you can find them both by logging into kickstarter and clicking on the updates.

11-22-2012 21:42 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

For those who are joining in late, these aren't demos per-se; they're videos of Terry performing rough sketches of new songs. This is not to diminish the songs or the videos but to inform that anyone expecting mp3s of rough, band-produced tracks need to understand that Terry is still deep into the writing phase. The band hasn't even come together yet (to my knowledge).

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by DwDunphy: 11-23-2012 09:17.

11-23-2012 09:16 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Correct. I don't think the band has done any studio type demos since like the late 80s. For Alarma, for example they had recorded the entire album and a few extra songs as demos and then rerecorded the entire album again 'for real' later. For Shotgun Angel they had done the same thing, and Horrendous Disc had some 4 track demos.

They have gone into the studio and played things essentially live like the Bibleland roughs that were released on some things. But those were the studio recordings used on the album, just not actually mixed or finished.

But, in the last quite a few years, it has been a situation where Terry, Greg, Tim or Jerry might record something on their own in their home in a very rough way.. which is what Terry is showing in the youtube clips. After they have some cassettes done in that style they eventually get together and play through them, like the first part of the Making of Buechners video. Then they head into the studio and record the album.

I would imagine the old process of recording "studio" demos had more to do with being on a record label and needing something to either shop around or show the label.

11-23-2012 09:42 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Having said all that I think it's still pretty cool to hear these songs from their genesis point, performed as they are on an acoustic guitar and nothing more. These tracks will likely evolve into much different songs, and from Terry's own statements they might not make the cut at all, in favor of other songs. It will all depend on the strength of the candidates at the end of the writing process.
11-23-2012 11:35 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Luteous Llama

While these are not studio demos, they are still great demonstrations of what is to come! I called them demos because they do demonstrate. I think someone else had called them demos first anyway. I love these glimpses into the brew that is percolating in Terry's mind.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
11-25-2012 10:19 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

is there a release date yet for the general public?
thanks,
joey Cool

Cool
12-03-2012 14:57 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

Not yet. Recording should begin in early 2013 according to Terry. It's too early to think about release dates.

On a side note - Riki Michele is overseeing the printing of the next batch of Kickstarter rewards...... hoping to get them shipping well before Christmas, but time is running short of course. I think we'll be ok.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-03-2012 18:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Some big news heading out to Kickstarter supporters later today..... watch for it!

12-10-2012 14:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

"ruthless hum of dread" is screaming out for an arrangement with deep, low cello and viola.
12-10-2012 17:52 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Luteous Llama

The third song is a great skeleton of potential! Each time I hear a piece of what Terry and the rest are considering I have great feelings about what is to come!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
12-11-2012 08:40 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

Project Update #10: Rewards shipping soon!

Hello DA Kickstarter Backers!

We hope you all enjoyed the sneak peek song in the last update!

Here's some more good news -- we are getting ready to ship out the next batch of rewards! If you pledged $30 or more, and there is any chance you have moved since you sent us your address - please send your name and new address to eric@danielamos.com as soon as possible. We plan to start shipping in the next handful of days, so please don't hesitate. We don't want anyone to miss out! If we don't hear from you, we will assume that the address you provided earlier is still correct.

Thank you for your continued support of DA!

12-13-2012 19:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

had no luck with the links, is there another way to try them?

Psalm 119:83
12-13-2012 23:29 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

Have you tried clicking on the links on the Kickstarter page?

I mean logging into Kickstarter.. going to the new DA music page and clicking on "updates."

It's really weird - so far most people seem to be able to view the link fine, and only a handful are having these weird problems. I don't know what's causing it. Confused

12-13-2012 23:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH