Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Top 5 Dig Here Songs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Top 5 Dig Here Songs (Pick 5)
Jesus Wept 18 13.43%
Love, Grace and Mercy 17 12.69%
Waking Up Under Water 16 11.94%
Dig Here Said The Angel 15 11.19%
Now That I've Died 14 10.45%
We'll All Know Soon Enough 13 9.70%
The Uses of Adversity 10 7.46%
The Ruthless Hum of Dread 9 6.72%
Forward In Reverse 9 6.72%
The Sun Shines On Everyone 7 5.22%
Our New Testament Best 6 4.48%
Total: 134 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Top 5 Dig Here Songs 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was listening today and even though I knew the correct lyric one lien kept coming through incorrectly to me.

Not "My New testament best" but I heard My intestinal best - I knew terry had had some Gall bladder problems but...?

09-13-2013 06:20 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown
It took me a while to get the time to listen to my advanced download, but now I've listened start to finish twice. It's a brilliant piece of soul surgery, and I love every song on it. If I'm limited to five, they would be (for now):

Jesus Wept (my favorite I think)
Love, Grace, and Mercy
Waking Up Under Water
The Uses of Adversity
The Sun Shines on Everyone

As always seems to be the case, this Daniel Amos album arrived at the just the right time for me. It has a lot to say about things I've been thinking about for the past year or more. I feel somehow less fragmented and better understood when I listen to it, even if only "here I am."

Having the album for a few years now, I notice that my very favorite song seems to change between "Jesus Wept" and "The Uses of Adversity." I'm sure it says something about me that they seem to both address a similar issue from different sides. I don't really have more adversity and disappointment that most other people, and my expectations weren't so lofty compared to everyone else of my generation, but they both hit that issue in my life and help me deal with it.
06-06-2017 07:27 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Top 5 Dig Here Songs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH