Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos, Pop Culture & Academic Research » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos, Pop Culture & Academic Research
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ComDoc_H
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-20-2013

Cool Daniel Amos, Pop Culture & Academic Research Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone,

Last year I was asked by the Popular Culture Studies Journal to write the lead article in their premier edition on something about popular culture (obviously) and personal narrative research/autoethnography. It took me about five minutes to decide that I was going to write about Daniel Amos.

I don't know how all of you feel about DA, nor if your experiences will match what mine has been. However, I've grown up - and old - with this band, and they are an intricate part of my life. I uploaded the final version here, for your enjoyment.

ComDoc_H

Attachment:
unknown Herrmann - Daniel Amos & Me.pdf (128 KB, 7,441 downloads)
01-08-2014 13:41 ComDoc_H is offline Search for Posts by ComDoc_H Add ComDoc_H to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

Enjoy, I did.

01-08-2014 16:30 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

RE: Daniel Amos, Pop Culture & Academic Research Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very enjoyable. I, too, have listened to the band since high school (late 70s) and they've left an indelible mark on my life. Isn't is strange how we fixate on something for a lifetime, only to find that these band members are just people like us? People with the same problems. People with different problems. But still, just people. Someone that NOW we can speak to, and email with, and have a relationship of some kind. No longer that personality that is so untouchable.

I thank God that Terry and Jerry and Ed and Tim and Greg and all the others came into my life. Sure, they're just musicians who really don't know who I am, but they know that I'm out here. And that makes me smile.
01-09-2014 08:09 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for sharing that, ComDoc. Loved it.
01-10-2014 12:25 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

An interesting read, though I think you posted this before didn't you? Or maybe that was somewhere else? I too grew up Brethren and struggle with the good and bad of that tradition. Even today I wonder where I fit in because of that...a lot like your read here, though I'm far from "punk" Wink

01-10-2014 13:29 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

great article.

03-19-2014 23:55 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos, Pop Culture & Academic Research

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH