Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter Matt K 11-06-2015 18:35
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter ftg3plus4 11-10-2015 14:32
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 11-11-2015 06:21
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter Ron E 11-22-2015 22:59
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter Ron E 11-30-2015 11:59
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 12-03-2015 14:17
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 12-05-2015 16:12
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 12-17-2015 13:34
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter Ron E 12-19-2015 19:57
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 09-17-2017 13:58
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 09-18-2017 14:05
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter Jimmy Brown 09-18-2017 12:15
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter PuP 09-18-2017 12:16
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 09-18-2017 13:46
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter wakachiwaka 09-18-2017 22:30
 RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 09-19-2017 07:52

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello all who lurk the DAMB board: A majority of our favorite bands/artists have been taking to kickstarter for some awesome projects, and our favorite DA lead guitarist Jerry Chamberlain (Greg, you're our favorite DA lead guitarist too!) is no exception. I assume most of us are on facebook and have seen the link, but unless i'm missing it, I haven't seen it posted anywhere on the website. So just in case anyone is in the dark, check out this project from Jerry and let's get it funded!!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/174...?ref=nav_search
11-06-2015 18:35 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

RE: Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A solo album from Jerry? Wow, sounds interesting!

11-10-2015 14:32 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got the DA email notification. I would certainly LOVE to hear a new Jerry album with all the crazy Jerryness I am imagining right now with the song list on the Kickstarter page. I would love to have that in FLAC and LP also. It's 18 days to the end and only about 25% funded. What shall we do? I've never done a Kickstarter in my life.

Silly question alert- what's to stop him from just cutting something together in his basement studio?

Okay- I'll turn off the radio, throw the radio out the window, disconnect all the utilities and take my answer off the air. Thank you.

11-11-2015 06:21 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

only 6 days left...fork it over people!

11-22-2015 22:59 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Frown

11-30-2015 11:59 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Woolly Eggwhisk

DAMB!

It's too late now, be we COULDA had Aaron Bergman do a plea (through his distorted senses) for Larry Chamberpot or Randy Chambermaid. You know how he gets things wrong.

It's Berger's fault.

12-03-2015 14:17 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

Seriously, though. He got $11,000 of $20,000 asked for. Now maybe Jerry as a really firm idea of how many people would support him and how much they are good for. He could maybe pare it back a bit and do another Kickstarter!! This one would certainly succeed. I would even contribute, my first Kickstarter. I hope he reads this forum. You know what's cool? A Jerry album on vinyl, THATS's what's cool. Smile

Maybe we could get Berger on bass!
In a court of law, I could not swear that Berger is an actual person. I have tried.

12-05-2015 16:12 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

I talked to him on Twitter and he says he's planning to try again next year on a different fundraising site. So there's hope.

12-17-2015 13:34 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

He sent that out to backers too, that he was going to re-try in the new year, likely on a different site though.

12-19-2015 19:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Woolly Eggwhisk

I have been thinking about this, and knowing what I know about Jerry (and a ton of what I IMAGINE about him) I have cooked up a partial track list of this vaporous album. Feel free to scrutinize* this list and add to it as desired:

Side A

Princes & Paupers
Waking Up Under Water (Disco Version)
Waking Up At The Laundry
Man In The Moon (heartfelt duet with Carman)
Man In The Medicine Cabinet
The Pies In My Life

Side B

Hey There, Little Fella (Ode To A Beaver)
May I Borrow Your Fudge?
I Dreamt Of A Chevette
Regarding Ham
On Judgment Day (I'll wear My Good Pants)

This would be pressed on the finest medium-weight virtuous vinyl by midgets in the satellite republics of the former Soviet Union, in a color that could be described as Distressing Mauve.

*Go easy- I'm the twitchy type.

09-17-2017 13:58 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by WoaaahJelly!

"...This would be pressed on the finest medium-weight virtuous vinyl by midgets in the satellite republics of the former Soviet Union, in a color that could be described as Distressing Mauve."

Sorry, this needs explanation. You take a big gob of actual virgin vinyl and one "the Tuxedo Clad Megastar" "The Champion" LP and a Sandi Patty LP of your choice, snap them both in twain, and toss them in, mix thoroughly and weep. "Virgin" vinyl is so expensive, but "Virtuous" vinyl is darn near as good and much cheaper.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by WoaaahJelly!: 09-18-2017 14:07.

09-18-2017 14:05 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Side B should open with "Crazy Train (Vegas lounge version)".
09-18-2017 12:15 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

I would buy that album. I'd pay even more for a duet of "Windex River" with Berger.

09-18-2017 12:16 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Woolly Eggwhisk

Yes- but put Saran Wrap over Berger's mic. We want to hear him bassin', not a-screechin'.

09-18-2017 13:46 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

This reminds me of something that was posted to an old Michael Nesmith newsgroup decades ago:

quote:
Subject: Top 10 Rejected Nez Song Titles
Date: 19 Feb 1995 00:52:57 -0500

On my Awareness CD of Infinite Rider, the last track is mislabled as
"Horseface". Bearing this in mind and Nez's somewhat ocassionally obscure
song titles, I thought I'd submit:

Top Ten Rejected Michael Nesmith Song Titles

10. Blue Karaoke
9. Mr. Potato Head and a sackful of water mocassins with halitosis
8. Microsoft Bob
7. Tapioca Clams
6. Highway, Shmiway
5. (I wanna marry) Louisianna Larry
4. Lunch Becoming
3. Good Clean Pants
2. Monthly Weekly
And the number one rejected Nez song title:
1. Requited Love

This is all true! I swear!
GoshMizer

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 09-18-2017 22:31.

09-18-2017 22:30 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I thought I had an original idea. That's what I get for thinking!

09-19-2017 07:52 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Jerry Chamberlain kickstarter

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH