Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Kickstarter » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Kickstarter
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Kickstarter Ron E 12-30-2015 17:07
 RE: Kickstarter Ron E 03-03-2016 17:31
 RE: Kickstarter Audiori J 03-03-2016 17:42
 RE: Kickstarter wayneb 03-03-2016 19:04
 RE: Kickstarter audiori 03-03-2016 23:27
 RE: Kickstarter Ron E 03-04-2016 00:00
 RE: Kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 03-04-2016 15:31
 RE: Kickstarter mindgasket 04-05-2016 20:59
 RE: Kickstarter Ron E 04-06-2016 07:48
 RE: Kickstarter UnderDawg 04-06-2016 13:53
 RE: Kickstarter audiori 04-06-2016 20:49
 RE: Kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 04-09-2016 17:10
 RE: Kickstarter jparker 04-09-2016 17:18
 RE: Kickstarter Ron E 09-19-2016 09:33
 RE: Kickstarter wayneb 09-20-2016 04:38
 RE: Kickstarter Jimmy Brown 09-20-2016 07:25
 RE: Kickstarter DwDunphy 11-30-2016 18:37
 RE: Kickstarter wayneb 12-01-2016 04:15
 RE: Kickstarter Jimmy Brown 05-08-2018 08:47
 RE: Kickstarter jyroflux 05-08-2018 10:33

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Kickstarter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

talk amongst yourselves...

and go here for practice and for compassion
Monty

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ron E: 12-30-2015 17:11.

12-30-2015 17:07 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is there pre planning by the industry that is Lost Dogs and it'ssydden subsidiaries? Do the guys have a five year map? Or now that there's a divided marketing push make that more difficult? I'm wondering how Steve h's Kickstarter and kerosene halos announcements affect lost dogs/ terry and if they talk it out first or if it's artists trying to make a living or none of my business!!!???

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ron E: 03-03-2016 17:32.

03-03-2016 17:31 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I guess the same way the DA kickstarter effects the other dogs. I think they all do their own things when they want to. It seems to be only a 'democracy' within the Dogs.

03-03-2016 17:42 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Happy birthday Jason! As one who supported the Kerosene Halo project plus DA and Armikrog of course, it makes no great difference to me if there is a "plan" about who releases what and when.
If I have the cash I support anyone in the "family" that releases any project....small repayment for all the wonderful stuff they have given us all over the years!

Still, it would be good to know when a new DA project is about to hit the planning stage. Any hints?

www.smashthatcomputer.com
03-03-2016 19:04 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Terry has a project in mind that should be announced soon.. just waiting on the green light from him.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-03-2016 23:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Smile

03-04-2016 00:00 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Neato.

03-04-2016 15:31 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

With all the current re-release of Choir & 77s on vinyl (plus recent Guadalupe & Kerosene Halo vinyl), I'd like to place my vote for DA's Song of the Heart on vinyl as well (180gm gatefold, of course).
04-05-2016 20:59 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Vox/FS at the same time on vinyl remastered... With promise if DFBB in one yearWink

04-06-2016 07:48 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

To heck with reissues!!! Let's have some new music!!
04-06-2016 13:53 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

I'd like both, actually.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-06-2016 20:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

I'm on my Nth pass of "Dig Here..." and I don't know that I'll ever really understand it. I will be busy with that for awhile.

04-09-2016 17:10 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

I'm excited for the next reissue phase. Vox Humana is really dear to my heart, and Fearful Symmetry is in dire need of a CD remaster.
04-09-2016 17:18 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

To the top!

09-19-2016 09:33 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Even more top!

09-20-2016 04:38 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

A few more stickies in this subforum, and the "top" will be off the bottom of the screen. Confused
09-20-2016 07:25 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Okay, so this needs a refreshment, not just a top off.

Barring what you want to happen in reissues, what recordings should be reissued aside from personal preference? With the reissue of Vox Humana I guess Fearful Symmetry is a safe lock. So, even though it is out of sequence, I do believe Swirling Eddies "Outdoor Elvis" requires attention. The CD was good by the standards of its time but is in dire need of remastering.

For LPs, it's a toss up. Kalhoun would be the first of the DA albums after Darn Floor to never have been on the format, and it is a standard length for vinyl, making the process more streamlined. And yet Motor Cycle was constructed (in my opinion) in the vein of classic rock albums both conceptually and musically.

One is a good fit. The other philosophically demands it.
11-30-2016 18:37 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

"Theo says that's not.....philisophically correct!"

Nor is the spelling.

Yes, DW. I totally agree!

12-01-2016 04:15 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

I do think that Fearful Symmetry could benefit from remastering, though I would hope it would be someone with a light touch. It needs to retain that dreamlike quality that made the original release so fantastical (even on my small boom box back in college). If someone could reveal a bit more detail without disturbing the surface of the pool, that would be wonderful.
05-08-2018 08:47 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Can they afford Steven Wilson?

05-08-2018 10:33 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Kickstarter

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH