Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Vox Humana (Deluxe Edition) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Vox Humana (Deluxe Edition)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All preorders went out on the same day. Non preorders have been shipping since then... International shipments are going out with the rest. Have you received a tracking number?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-12-2016 21:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No, not as yet. I hope it didn't drop into the Spam folder!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
07-13-2016 00:39 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

I just got mine Thursday, Wayne and it didn't have to cross an ocean to get here...

07-13-2016 08:20 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

"I Can't Resist You" makes me both happy to hear it and sorry that the project was never finished.
07-22-2016 14:03 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Still waiting Frown

07-22-2016 20:32 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Administrator

Hmm. Ok I'll put a another copy in the mail for you. You may get two, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-23-2016 12:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

If I get two I will pay you for the second copy and give it to a deserving person here in NZ! Captain Pedantic? Smile

07-23-2016 21:22 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I just got one of the Vox Humana CD's today - posted on about the 25th July if I am reading the package correctly. It looks great!

In my original order was also a "Dig Here" poster and a copy of "Boy O Boy's "Giants of Pop". Did they all get sent together or are there 3 packages altogether?

08-05-2016 03:26 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Administrator

The other items ship separately. The posters have to be shipped in a poster tube so that they arrive in relatively good condition. For the boy o boy cd.... It's essentially "hand made" so I only order a dozen or so at a time from Jerry. The downside is that if I get a rush of orders, I sell out very suddenly and then end up waiting on more to arrive. So it's coming but I didn't have them to ship with Vox.

08-05-2016 08:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thanks for that. As I said in an earlier post, if I get another Vox cd arriving I will pay you for that one and then give it to a deserving recipient! Was the one I got the first one you sent, or the second? I suspect it was the second one.

Listening today and it sounds just great! The bonus cd has some great stuff on it. I am really appreciating Tim's guitar work - I hadn't realised how much lead he played on the album.

08-05-2016 19:31 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Administrator

That would be the second copy.

I would say 90% of the time, lost discs are returned eventually. It usually takes a while... who knows what crazy journey they take before they get sent back. You just never know. There are those rare occasions where one shows up at the correct destination.

08-05-2016 20:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
grandeped grandeped is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-01-2008

Speaking of ordering issues - I am putting together an order of releases I am missing. The two volumes of Pearls Before Swine are listed at $15 each on the website. But when I add them to the cart, they are both at $20 each. Can anyone verify what the current price is?
08-21-2016 19:50 grandeped is offline Homepage of grandeped Search for Posts by grandeped Add grandeped to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

In case anyone's interested, I popped a review up on Popdose.com this morning. The long and short is that this album has never sounded better. The mastering job is so detailed I swore I thought it was a remix (Eric and Tom said absolutely not).

If you were afraid to jump back in because you thought it was too '80s, it's time to give VH another shot.

http://popdose.com/cd-review-daniel-amos-vox-humana-deluxe-edition/
12-06-2016 17:18 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
In case anyone's interested, I popped a review up on Popdose.com this morning. The long and short is that this album has never sounded better. The mastering job is so detailed I swore I thought it was a remix (Eric and Tom said absolutely not).

If you were afraid to jump back in because you thought it was too '80s, it's time to give VH another shot.

http://popdose.com/cd-review-daniel-amos-vox-humana-deluxe-edition/

In case anyone is interested? Come now. And I agree that this remaster is amazing. In a world of records from the past ruined, this one is done right.
12-06-2016 22:57 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Oh, you'd be surprised. I know people who have sworn off all their pre-Nirvana favorites just like they swore off black & white movies.
12-13-2016 17:21 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
furf
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-23-2008

I am trying to order the two disc Vox Humana but having problems. I sent a private message a few days ago, but got no response....Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

01-03-2017 08:05 furf is offline Search for Posts by furf Add furf to your Buddy List
furf
Normal Noggin

Never mind I ordered it with another card!

01-03-2017 11:38 furf is offline Search for Posts by furf Add furf to your Buddy List
Administrator

Oops sorry! I've been sick for several days and hadn't been watching closely.

01-03-2017 17:00 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
furf
Normal Noggin

Get well soon. Looking forward to receiving the cd when you get a chance to mail it out. I will likely review it on my blog at www.furf.blogspot.com sometime this year. I got a ton of cds for Christmas Smile

01-03-2017 18:02 furf is offline Search for Posts by furf Add furf to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Vox is probably my least favorite album. Of course I was never much into new wave and had a serious aversion to keyboards for a long time, so that explains a lot. I suppose getting older and more nostalgic, liking old movies and old science fiction somewhat makes more connections with this one for me now than in the past.

I don't understand why so many still would say it is their best record, though. To me, it was telling Terry chose to redo Songs of the Heart first.

At any rate, select Vox tracks have been rotating on repeat the last week or so and i've really been enjoying the ones I like, such as:
Rocket Packs
Home Permanent (like the contrast of guitar and keyboards). And I finally got the "Home Permanent" part in regards to hair. complete doh on me Big Grin !
When Worlds Collide - I really like this version, but Terry's solo acoustic version grabbed me first. How simple and beautiful.
Sanctuary - originally my favorite track, now I'm not so sure

Rocket Packs and Home Permanent are so fun and catchy, and also contrast with the deeper When Worlds Collide and Sanctuary

At this point I don't remember if my MP3s came from my Audacity conversion of cassette I know I bought (most likely), somebody sent me files, or I later got a CD. I am going to have to get the reissue and hope the guitar stands out more in the mix.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
05-14-2018 23:57 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Vox Humana (Deluxe Edition)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH