Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Pay Here, Said The Angel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pay Here, Said The Angel
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Pay Here, Said The Angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just came up with this one (I am a compulsive thinker; wheels always turning). I remember when DA and The Dogs came to my semi-local venue the door charge was like $5.00 or $10.00. I marveled that anyone would tour like all over the America for what must have been a paltry sum at the end of it all. (I remember Denni Doogerman commented at one of the Dogs dates that they needed money to get to Kentucky. I don't think he was kidding.*)

What we need (I'm on board for this) is for, say, six "Angels" to drop just a monster sum into the plate, or at the door, to keep the tours worthwhile, and pay the guys we love to make the music we love; in short, to make music profitable and not so much a labor of love. I'm not rich by any means, but I think this would be a good investment. At one of the Dogs dates I did my best to empty the merch table. We can continue to do that, plus the Angel thing. I could do $300. I could do that a couple of times. ** If several Angels did that, then one gig at, say Joe's Java could net $2,000 for the guys. Twelve stops on a tour and that's $25,000!!! The rest of the folks not in the know could just pay $5.00 or whatever.

This could help our guys tour more often and enrich them. I say this because it looks like for cult bands like our guys record sales don't help much.

Cool or not? Modifications? Suggestions?

* Also, KENTUCKY God help us all.

** I WORK AT WAL-MART

09-03-2017 16:22 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

all in favor of thinking how we can expand their exposure and income, maybe some event(s) in conjunction with a release of the DHSTA video still to come out.

Psalm 119:83
09-05-2017 20:49 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Thread Starter Thread Started by WoaaahJelly!
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As much as I love them I think we're looking at a limited demo. So Christian males age 45+?

09-06-2017 10:19 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Pay Here, Said The Angel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH