Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Joy Electric Interview » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Joy Electric Interview
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Joy Electric Interview Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Tooth and Nail Record podcast, Labeled, just did an episode on Joy Electric. Ronnie Martin started out the interview talking about how Daniel Amos influenced him. Check it out here: https://labeledpodcast.com/blog/joy-e

03-22-2018 19:58 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool, I'll have to give it a listen!
04-22-2018 20:12 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
PuP

Thread Starter Thread Started by PuP
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Labeled podcast has pivoted and is now trying to document the rise of alternative Christian music in the 90s and 2000s. DA gets about a 20 second mention mark as Aaron Sprinkle talks about his influences. They use a snippet of "William Blake" as the background music.

https://overcast.fm/+I2NOBP7tk. DA is at the 13:25 mark. Go back about 30 seconds for Larry Norman/"Why Should the Devil Have All the Good Music?" and a Calvary Chapel/Chuck Smith reference if you are into that.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PuP: 11-20-2018 13:33.

11-20-2018 13:32 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

I swear I get no residuals, but I've been chronicling the DA mentions on the Labeled podcast so here I am again. The latest episode is about Brandon Ebel starting the label, and DA, Terry, Derri, Gene, Mike Knott, the Green Room and Alarma! Records all get mentioned.

12-07-2018 10:30 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

I keep thinking I'm done with this thread but then something new comes along. This time it is an episode on the Cornerstone Festival. It's focused on Tooth & Nail but the 77s name comes up at one point. The next episode is supposed to be a continuation on the subject.

https://labeledpodcast.com/blog/npr-xmxxn-k4r8r-rcmm7

01-21-2019 14:01 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thanks Pup! Great podcast. So many good memories there.
01-21-2019 15:38 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i never liked that band, but maybe i'll give it a listen if they say Da is an influence..

Cool
01-21-2019 16:00 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
PuP

Second part of the Cornerstone episode: https://labeledpodcast.com/blog/npr-xmxxn-k4r8r-rcmm7-5nma7

Come for the blink-and-you-miss it references to DA and the 77s! Stay for the Danielson Familie song clip! Don't miss the MC Hammer story! Find out why Cornerstone ended! Its a roller coaster of nostalgia and other emotions!

02-22-2019 13:38 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i never liked that band, but maybe i'll give it a listen if they say Da is an influence..

There are a few nice songs.. not many Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
06-18-2019 19:47 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Pegotico returns! Welcome and thanks for the mini CD review.

www.smashthatcomputer.com
06-18-2019 23:32 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Joy Electric Interview

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH