Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tim Chandler » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tim Chandler
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am sorry to Tim's family and friends. This is very sad news.

Here's a link to some fun Tim stuff...

http://bpluschords.tripod.com/Tim/tim.htm

10-11-2018 09:28 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the link, Ron! It's, uh, almost unreadable, but nice to have the resource.
10-11-2018 14:39 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

"Last updated June 17, 2005"

Some places time stands still.

10-11-2018 18:21 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by WoaaahJelly!
now I never will get to see him play

I know I saw Tim when the boys played the Troubadour in the early 90's, but that show isn't in the timeline for some reason. I rode with Tom Gullota and Court Patton to the show. Tom was eating a burger and driving 80 in the carpool lane. I was scared witless - it was about a two hour drive.

At the show some dude from another band jumped up on the stage while DA (was it an Eddies show? I'm fuzzy on that) was playing and told the crowd to make sure to stay around to hear some real music or something like that. Tim was clenching his fists and looked like he wanted to pound the guy. Terry gave him a look or told him to let it go, I don't remember for sure, it was too long ago.

I remember standing with Tom G. after the show as he gave each of them $20 - imagine that. Then someone spotted Tom Howard walking away from the show and shouted to him. He turned around and waved, but kept going.

I've been to other DA shows in the 80's, so I must have seen him then as well. But then memory is always the first to go...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jyroflux: 10-12-2018 07:51.

10-11-2018 19:40 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Audiori J

If you know the date of the show we can add it to the timeline. We rely heavily on people to give us information, Jerry gave us a lot of old dates and CCM had a bunch in the 80s but not all of them.

10-12-2018 07:08 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Yes- one day I just plowed through the Timeline at the main site and was just amazed how much they toured, back in the day.

10-12-2018 13:33 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

I'm not on Facebook anymore. Is there more information out there about either a fundraiser or what happened , etc?

10-12-2018 17:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
If you know the date of the show we can add it to the timeline. We rely heavily on people to give us information, Jerry gave us a lot of old dates and CCM had a bunch in the 80s but not all of them.

Yea, I wish I could remember. I'm terrible with dates.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jyroflux: 10-12-2018 22:12.

10-12-2018 22:11 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
I'm not on Facebook anymore. Is there more information out there about either a fundraiser or what happened , etc?

All I've seen and heard was that Dan Michaels said Tim's health had been failing for a while now and that he died in his sleep. He wasn't found for a few days because he wasn't living near his family, he was in Illinois.

10-13-2018 05:33 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Apparently Tim suffered an aneurysm a few years back that caused his health to decline (but no details as to how). That's all I heard. No doubt we will find out more in due course.

www.smashthatcomputer.com
10-13-2018 19:13 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

As somebody who was a fan of Tim, and who only knows Tim through the music and through the internet. As a Facebook friend and before that on the Daniel Amos message board, Tim's loss is something I can't wrap my head around still.
Tim's presence on the DA message board, when he would often stop by on Fridays to answer questions and be a avaible was something I enjoyed and would look forward to in the pre-Facebook days. His posts as Berger Roy Al were hilarious as he argued with himself and posted about over-indulging gallons of Windex made for times when I truly did laugh out loud before I posted LOL. I was truly grateful when he continued as both on Facebook. I start laughing just reading "that dirtbag Chadler".
Thinking about Tim's I vacillate between mostly between denial and anger. Not anger at God (although if I were it wouldn't be the first time). I just don't want to think about the world without him in it and it Mountain Dewes me off.
I know I'm not alone in my feelings.
I'm not really sure I have a point. Just stuff that's running through my head I need to get out.
I think about all the people Tim affected via music, the internet and in his personal life and it fills me with sadness.
This glows with warmth. I feel like I've lost a relative, a cousin maybe or crazy uncle.
I'm at a loss.

10-19-2018 02:09 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

glows with warmth indeed, doc, glows with warmth, indeed.. Crying

Cool
10-19-2018 11:24 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
As somebody who was a fan of Tim, and who only knows Tim through the music and through the internet. As a Facebook friend and before that on the Daniel Amos message board, Tim's loss is something I can't wrap my head around still.
Tim's presence on the DA message board, when he would often stop by on Fridays to answer questions and be a avaible was something I enjoyed and would look forward to in the pre-Facebook days. His posts as Berger Roy Al were hilarious as he argued with himself and posted about over-indulging gallons of Windex made for times when I truly did laugh out loud before I posted LOL. I was truly grateful when he continued as both on Facebook. I start laughing just reading "that dirtbag Chadler".
Thinking about Tim's I vacillate between mostly between denial and anger. Not anger at God (although if I were it wouldn't be the first time). I just don't want to think about the world without him in it and it Mountain Dewes me off.
I know I'm not alone in my feelings.
I'm not really sure I have a point. Just stuff that's running through my head I need to get out.
I think about all the people Tim affected via music, the internet and in his personal life and it fills me with sadness.
This glows with warmth. I feel like I've lost a relative, a cousin maybe or crazy uncle.
I'm at a loss.

What he said.

10-19-2018 12:59 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

(ahem) testing
Carmen does not suck!

Cärmen does not sück!

But an incandescent bulb does suck, I think.

10-19-2018 19:15 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

Dennis, I'm with ya buddy. I know how you feel.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jyroflux: 10-19-2018 20:43.

10-19-2018 20:43 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
Dennis, I'm with ya buddy. I know how you feel.

Thanks man.

10-19-2018 22:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

https://youtu.be/vs48UNdbMD0

Cool
10-20-2018 10:13 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Thanks everyone for coming here and commenting. Its a weird place to be isn't it? Someone you don't know, didn't even really write the lyrics we love, yet still impacts us so strongly. I don't know how to process it really, so I am doing it through what everyone else is saying!

10-20-2018 10:36 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

I remember feeling fairly devastated when Mark heard died. And when Rich Mullins died that hit us pretty hard mainly because we had just seen him at Cornerstone playing football with some kids. Both of them were part of that 'cornerstone-ish' community of people. We met Rich very briefly a couple of times, didn't really come close to 'knowing him.' We had hung out with Tom Howard briefly a time or two and when he died it still felt like a punch to the gut.

When it came to Larry Norman and Gene Eugene they were different for us, mainly because we knew it was coming with Larry and never got to know Gene really at all.

But I think a lot of it has to do with all of us being part of a weird little community or 'family,' these artists have/had special unique relationships with their fans. That and the fact that their music is personal and real as opposed to CCM fluff. We all empathize and relate to what they say through their songs and often most of us are square pegs or outsiders as well. The type of people cornerstone was made for.

It's like losing a brother, uncle or cousin.

10-20-2018 15:29 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I think you touched on it, Audiori. They get inside our minds, our hearts with their music. We are absurdly vulnerable to music and how it makes us feel. We say, when we listen, "Please, sure, come on in".

We are a strange little subset within the subset of Christian music. We are a tiny, odd little family.

I think I like every track on "Dig Here..." but the one I find myself skipping forward to hear all the time is "Now That I've Died" and I fixate and follow the bass line. I can hear it right now.

10-20-2018 17:09 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tim Chandler

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH