Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tim Chandler » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tim Chandler
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Tim Chandler Audiori J 10-08-2018 16:05
 RE: Tim Chandler joey 10-08-2018 16:57
 RE: Tim Chandler Audiori J 10-08-2018 16:17
 RE: Tim Chandler wes berlin 10-08-2018 17:18
 RE: Tim Chandler Eis 10-08-2018 18:39
 RE: Tim Chandler baxter 10-08-2018 19:07
 RE: Tim Chandler Jimmy Brown 10-08-2018 21:09
 RE: Tim Chandler Jimmy Brown 10-08-2018 22:07
 RE: Tim Chandler jyroflux 10-08-2018 22:18
 RE: Tim Chandler wayneb 10-09-2018 00:50
 RE: Tim Chandler WoaaahJelly! 10-09-2018 13:12
 RE: Tim Chandler joey 10-09-2018 13:29
 RE: Tim Chandler joey 10-09-2018 18:26
 RE: Tim Chandler WoaaahJelly! 10-10-2018 02:07
 RE: Tim Chandler Eis 10-10-2018 09:51
 RE: Tim Chandler joey 10-10-2018 11:53
 RE: Tim Chandler WoaaahJelly! 10-10-2018 15:05
 RE: Tim Chandler Eis 10-10-2018 17:09
 RE: Tim Chandler jyroflux 10-11-2018 19:40
 RE: Tim Chandler Ritchie_az 10-10-2018 17:48
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Tim Chandler Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A note from Uncle Terry:

My dear friend Tim Chandler is no longer in this world. It doesn’t seem possible. My mind hasn’t fully grasped this yet, but nevertheless, I feel soul-weary, beat up, dazed, out of breath. Tim was not just a friend, he was my champion, a passionate cheerleader who gave me the courage to venture beyond my supposed creative limitations and in so doing, lose my self-conscious restraints and give in to a kind of wild abandonment. To me, he will always be the heart and soul of Daniel Amos. A friend summed it up this way: “Tim always had your back.” This was true both artistically and personally. When Tim would call me (or vice-versa) he always had a story to tell, usually concerning his personal encounters with the absurdities of life, and I would often return the favor. Together we would invariably wind up breathless with tear-inducing laughter, and at the end of every one of these conversations we would say goodbye with “I love you brother.” Tim, like us all, had his demons but I will always remember him, above all else, for his humor, his tender-hearted kindness, his unwavering devotion to me as a friend, and his artistic skill and creative passion. He was truly God’s gift of grace to me.
Goodbye, Tim. I love you brother.
Terry

10-08-2018 16:05 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Sad RE: Tim Chandler Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sad day..

Cool
10-08-2018 16:57 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Audiori J
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I remember when Mr. Buechner's dream was being recorded and Eric and I were in Nashville for I think it was GMA week ..while everyone else was busy Tim came over and asked to take a walk with him. We went out to his car and he played a rough mix of the album on his car stereo for us. It's not much, it's just one of those little moments, he didn't have to do it. But thats how Tim was, he wanted to give us a special sneak peak and you could tell he was eager to see what we thought. He was genuine, he was kind, he was honest.

10-08-2018 16:17 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i am heartbroken......it truly is a dark day.

10-08-2018 17:18 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
10-08-2018 18:39 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

This one hurts bad. Crying
10-08-2018 19:07 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

My only interactions with Tim were here on this board, but he was always kind to me when we interacted. He was also one of my greatest musical heroes. I'm staggered by this news. It really hurts.
10-08-2018 21:09 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

And now thinking of Tim gone, I keep thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDTblAc_7u0
10-08-2018 22:07 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Heartbreaking. Tim was one of a kind. I never had an apathetic thought about him. He was cool. He was likable. I don't want to believe this.

10-08-2018 22:18 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Same. This seems unbelievable. I am wearing the "Dig Here" T-shirt (I actually put it on this morning well before I heard).

www.smashthatcomputer.com
10-09-2018 00:50 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

I don't understand how the death of a person I never met could disrupt me so.

Was he ill?

10-09-2018 13:12 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by WoaaahJelly!
I don't understand how the death of a person I never met could disrupt me so.

Was he ill?

from the choir's fb page..

We are deeply saddened by the loss of our band mate and brother, Tim Chandler. His health had been declining recently and he passed peacefully of natural causes.
He was a treasured friend, a passionate lover, a brilliant artist, a wickedly funny man... and the badassedest bass player that ever lived. We, along with so many dear friends and loved ones are devastated.

- On behalf of The Choir

Cool
10-09-2018 13:29 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just looked at the Da timeline for the first time in a long, long time. looking for stuff when tim first joined the band.

Tim Chandler plays a demo tape on the DA tour bus by a new band featuring Steve Hindalong and Derri Daugherty (Pre-Youth Choir).
Steve: "It was reported to us that Terry, after listening to one song, ejected the cassete and tossed it over his shoulder without saying a word. We were mortified."
Tim: "...It was a demo that Steve, Derri and I had done together... Derri was roadying at the time on this particular tour and was in the van with us. The way I remember it is... the band listened to it, Terry was riding shotgun up front so he popped the tape out, and then sort of mumbled something ('..uh, yeah, sounds real good...') and reached back over his shoulder with the tape waiting for someone to grab it and then just kind of dropped it thinking someone would catch it... I'm pretty sure he didn't throw it. I imagine Derri remembers it worse than it was because (obviously) he was hoping for more of a reaction from Terry..."

Big Grin

ok, and then found what i was looking for
September 4, 1981
Tim Chandler Joins Daniel Amos.

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 10-09-2018 18:30.

10-09-2018 18:26 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Woolly Eggwhisk

I wonder if we can get the other guys to drop in here on this thread.

10-10-2018 02:07 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Dw., Dan MacIntosh, and I did our best to make a proper memorial and appreciation.
10-10-2018 09:51 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

great article, craig (eis), dw, and dan mcintosh if you are out there.. Smile

Cool
10-10-2018 11:53 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Woolly Eggwhisk

now I never will get to see him play

10-10-2018 15:05 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

quote:

Crying Crying Crying
10-10-2018 17:09 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:

I know I saw Tim when the boys played the Troubadour in the early 90's, but that show isn't in the timeline for some reason. I rode with Tom Gullota and Court Patton to the show. Tom was eating a burger and driving 80 in the carpool lane. I was scared witless - it was about a two hour drive.

At the show some dude from another band jumped up on the stage while DA (was it an Eddies show? I'm fuzzy on that) was playing and told the crowd to make sure to stay around to hear some real music or something like that. Tim was clenching his fists and looked like he wanted to pound the guy. Terry gave him a look or told him to let it go, I don't remember for sure, it was too long ago.

I remember standing with Tom G. after the show as he gave each of them $20 - imagine that. Then someone spotted Tom Howard walking away from the show and shouted to him. He turned around and waved, but kept going.

I've been to other DA shows in the 80's, so I must have seen him then as well. But then memory is always the first to go...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jyroflux: 10-12-2018 07:51.

10-11-2018 19:40 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

This is really a bummer! I hate to use the word “devastating” for someone I didn’t know personally, yet this news hit me harder than it should have, and devastating seems appropriate to describe it. DW’s essay put how I feel into words better than I could have.

Now I need to drown my sorrows with some Windex....

Seriously, though, my heart breaks for his family, his music family, and his fans who thought the world of his musicianship. He played an essential role in so many songs that mean so much to me, perhaps, even though I never really knew him, to me he was much more than a stranger.

10-10-2018 17:48 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tim Chandler

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH