Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter mindgasket 11-06-2018 06:51
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter Jimmy Brown 11-07-2018 07:52
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 11-07-2018 13:42
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter mindgasket 11-17-2018 10:09
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter Jimmy Brown 11-29-2018 01:00
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 09-20-2019 09:40
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 09-20-2019 09:49
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter Ron E 09-20-2019 10:25
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 09-21-2019 04:00
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter Ron E 09-21-2019 19:22
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 09-22-2019 16:36
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter Audiori J 09-22-2019 22:01
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter Ron E 12-14-2019 16:37
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter joey 12-16-2019 11:25
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter Ron E 12-16-2019 11:49
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter joey 12-16-2019 13:54
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter Ron E 12-16-2019 19:47
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter Jimmy Brown 12-16-2019 21:23
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter wayneb 12-17-2019 02:26
 RE: Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter WoaaahJelly! 12-17-2019 02:40
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kickstarter

This is the album that introduced me to Terry Taylor and started me down the DA discovery trail. If I was stranded on a desert island with my sound system and a really long power cord, this is the first album I’d bring.

Reissued CD with bonus material
180gm gatefold vinyl
8 track tapes! (Only 25)
11-06-2018 06:51 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the heads-up. I would have missed this.
11-07-2018 07:52 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the heads up. Note- the top pledge is a cool $300.00! For that I think Derri comes to your house and washes your car.

11-07-2018 13:42 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Thread Starter Thread Started by mindgasket

I just checked on the Lost Dogs forum and there’s a lot of people lurking about. 247 guests - can that be right? I wonder how many know about the LLRH reissue. I’d post something, but my login doesn’t work.
11-17-2018 10:09 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

The Lost Dogs have hit their goal. There is a stretch goal for those who contribute before Friday. Check it out!
11-29-2018 01:00 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Of course I dragged my feet and missed the Kickshtarten but I do want the LPs at a minimum. So I went to the LD store and it's not there yet. So I went to Kickshtarten and I am reading updates...

09-20-2019 09:40 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

Delays and unexpected twists and turns seem to be baked into the Kickshtarten experience. A few years ago I read an article in an electronics mag about a guy who wanted to produce a novel LED flashlight. He encountered unexpected costs, delays, malfunctions, etc. Audiori confirmed for me in another thread what I suspected- that Kickshtarten is not really a way to get rich. I suppose maybe it's an elaborate hobby venture? I had so much fun with the HD K-S. What do the rest of you think? What's the base purpose of it?

09-20-2019 09:49 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Get money in your hands so you can get it done. After that, its the chance to make money. Those backing the crowdfunded projects are the "label", fronting the cash to get it done. It fulfills two functions... Avoids losing money, and keeps a fan base attached to the artists. There are lots of other places to pay attention to in this world, we could soon forget who this Daniel Armstrong is.

After that, we fade out and the rest goes to the artist. And without someone pushing and promoting, that's likely not too much more income...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ron E: 09-20-2019 10:28.

09-20-2019 10:25 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Woolly Eggwhisk

Hey- I'm not sure what you are talking about re remembering stuff. I saw Dilly Arbuckle at Gemstone '57 and will not soon forget it. Larry Taylor was only six years old but showed he could load and fire the Howitzer all by himself.

I did remember what mildly annoys me about Kickstarter. It is like you are an investor or owner in a traditional business, but what you get for your precious $$ is strictly limited to your rewards which are explicitly laid out at the start. Nothing else is stated or implied. What if the thing or service being offered takes off in a big way? You get nothing more.

It's like someone said, "Hey! Let's offer ground-level investors a way to get a promising new product going and not really pay them for it! They'll go for it because people are emotional and don't really think things through."

09-21-2019 04:00 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

did you see the choir's new thing about investing in one song? I don't know if you get any royalties, I didn't really study it that closely to understand it...

here is the link

And here's Dan's explanation

"In short, this is a way for you to legally own a portion of the copyright of a Choir song and earn revenue (royalties) from sales, streams, Youtube views, radio airplay etc. for as little as $5.00.

Why are we doing this? Think of this as partly like a Kickstarter but also an opportunity to invest in The Choir and earn dividends. By investing in our music this way, it helps us budget for new equipment for the studio, online marketing, tour marketing and general cash flow to make new music now. The hope then is that the investors (you) are incentivized to be an advocate for the song. Fans can be little walking-talking billboards on social media or elsewhere for the music. The more people you encourage to listen or buy the single the more The Choir and those who invest in it will make. If we were going to give up some rights, we'd prefer it be with folks like you! As always, we remain grateful for all your years of listening, support and coming to our shows. If you have any questions at all, reply back to this email or email us at TheChoir@TheChoir.net and I'll get back to you."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ron E: 09-21-2019 19:27.

09-21-2019 19:22 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Woolly Eggwhisk

I saw that, I saw that. Have to let that simmer for awhile. Presumably someone who owns a portion of a song would get royalties. On the surface I don't like it because it sounds like (once again) the artists divesting themselves of profits for the sake of sales.

09-22-2019 16:36 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Kickstarter is mainly just a way to produce something that you don't have the money to produce by getting assistance from the people that want to see it done.

Not sure about that Choir idea, interesting concept. Who knows?

09-22-2019 22:01 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

This is supposed to ship this month...

12-14-2019 16:37 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
This is supposed to ship this month...

a good tst fan knows that these things sometimes take time, like a fine wine..
and yes, i still don't drink. Smile

Cool
12-16-2019 11:25 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

It was supposed to ship a few months ago, no update has yet come along to say it won't be in December... as a good DA fan, I both hope the best, and expect the, well, not the worst, but a delay.

Good news on the drink front Joey! Have a blessed Christmas with the family!

12-16-2019 11:49 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you too, and all my damb friends that i don't talk to anywhere else but this board.. Big Grin

Cool
12-16-2019 13:54 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Yes... been off Facebook for a year or so and even though day to day it's good to be off it, I do miss some interactions. Like the ones with people from here...

12-16-2019 19:47 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

I'm not on Facebook much either, just Messenger on my phone to communicate with my Mom in Alabama and my sister in Thailand. That's why I check here every day hoping someone has said something.
12-16-2019 21:23 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I said something.

Almost worth waiting for...

www.smashthatcomputer.com
12-17-2019 02:26 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Are the Audioris in on this one at all?

12-17-2019 02:40 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs - LRRH, 25th Anniversary Kickstarter

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH