Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Please Pray for Steve Baxter » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Please Pray for Steve Baxter
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Please Pray for Steve Baxter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Steve is in the hospital in Portland. According to his daughter they are getting him stable so they can operate on his heart.
thx

Psalm 119:83
06-28-2019 15:29 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: Please Pray for Steve Baxter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Absolutely, Ken...

06-28-2019 20:04 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Will do, also.

www.smashthatcomputer.com
06-29-2019 00:59 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Definitely. Thanks for letting us know.
06-30-2019 20:44 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

How is Steve doing these day?
08-21-2019 08:35 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by sondance

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown
How is Steve doing these day?

Excellent question sir, which I forwarded to the eminent Baxter (not to be confused with redolent Baxter) for a reply.

08-22-2019 21:10 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

per Mr. Steve:

"I'm doing well...I have a brand new valve in my heart plus a pacemaker and difibulater. this was 2 weeks ago...the day I got home I fell and broke my shoulder....it was and is so painful I have cried...

They put the pacemaker in through my right shoulder. both my arms were immobile. literally can't hardly do anything for my self"

Good progress, thanks be to God, let's keep pryaing

08-22-2019 23:40 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Indeed! Thanks for the reply. Give him our best.
08-23-2019 08:10 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Yes, please wish him well!

08-23-2019 11:26 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Sadly, Steve has graduated to a better world. I'm not on Facebook so likely most of you have heard this, but it came through Patreon, so I thought I should mention it here too.

09-14-2020 20:37 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Thank you, Ron. I hadn't heard. Sad to hear. Prayers for his family and loved ones.
09-16-2020 10:44 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

TERRY'S TRIBUTE

Sep 9, 2020 at 6:25 PM
Rest in Peace, brother Steve

It's with a heavy heart I write that my brother and former bandmate, Steve Baxter, has passed away. Steve has been battling life-threatening health issues for some time now, and I know he was in a great deal of pain. Among the many wounds he bore, was the loss, (a number of years ago), of a relatively young son. Through all the dark times Steve went through in his lifetime, his beloved family was a source to him of strength, comfort, and unconditional love, and while they, of course, mourn his passing, it’s certain that they, along with myself and his many friends and colleagues, are thankful Steve is no longer suffering. He is now with The One he so faithfully loved and served for so much of his life.

A founding member of the original lineup of Daniel Amos, Steve’s beautifully soaring tenor, along with his songwriting contributions, were essential elements in the formative years of DA. It is not an overstatement when I say that there would have been no Daniel Amos without him.

Somewhat intimidating in appearance, and while not quite what one would describe as a “gentle giant,” Steve resembled a kind of burly mountain man whose tender-hearted, jovial, and quick-to-laugh nature belied any initial physical impression. It was amazing to hear that sweet angelic tenor voice coming out of someone who could easily be mistaken for a motorcycle gang member, or an Alaskan bear trapper. His perfectly-pitched voice, verging on the miraculous, was truly a gift and a rare thing of beauty.

An indispensable addition to the great Celestial Choir, I can imagine a fully-restored, fully-healed Steve Baxter, his glorious voice soaring above all the others in praise and adoration of his beloved Master. Until we meet again my brother, sing on.

Financial funds for cremation expenses are being raised on behalf of the family through GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/steve-baxter-cremation-fund

Please contribute generously. Thank you so very much my friends.

09-18-2020 13:45 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Can anyone post a song where he is featured, or really shines? I'm sure I've heard him in some early DA stuff but I need reminded.

09-18-2020 16:28 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

I believe he sings lead on "Love in a Yielded Heart." He may also sing lead on "The Bible," but I'm less sure about that; he wrote it, so it's probably him. Both are on the band's first album.
09-19-2020 18:51 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

yes those two songs were written by Steve and he sang lead.

09-20-2020 20:13 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
yes those two songs were written by Steve and he sang lead.

Thanks, sondance. I've always be terrible about identifying voices on DA records. I think it was 25 years after the fact that I found out Jerry sang "Little Crosses" on Doppelganger, my first DA album.

Steve did have a lovely voice. Our loss is Heaven's gain.
09-20-2020 21:47 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Check out (again) "Waking Up Under water" on "Dig Here..." If I didn't know better I would have pegged that for Terry.

10-21-2020 08:07 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

Sorry to hear about this. I'll admit that the DA era with Steve isn't on my radar at all (I had the first album on both LP and CD but passed both of them on); but there can be no doubt that Steve was important to the founding of the band. Terry's tribute (above) is both beautiful and enlightening.

10-29-2020 07:34 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Please Pray for Steve Baxter

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH