Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's Patreon is boomin with greatness » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry's Patreon is boomin with greatness
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Terry's Patreon is boomin with greatness Tyler Durden 02-14-2020 21:11
 RE: Terry's Patreon is boomin with greatness joey 02-18-2020 17:34
 RE: Terry's Patreon is boomin with greatness Audiori J 02-15-2020 08:09
 RE: Terry's Patreon is boomin with greatness sondance 02-15-2020 23:52

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Terry's Patreon is boomin with greatness Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Terry's Patreon account and the music he is creating is what I was hoping that the Avocado Club would be back in 2002. I knew that the music would be creative and fun to listen to, and it is. The unexpected has been the commentary/liner notes he is writing for the songs that are being published as well as the podcast that he is doing with Andrew, his son. The podcasts are awesome and are delving into the history of the bands and music of Terry Scott Taylor.

If you haven't checked it out, I highly highly recommend joining.
02-14-2020 21:11 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! RE: Terry's Patreon is boomin with greatness Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

best 5 bucks a month i spend.. Cool

Cool
02-18-2020 17:34 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Absolutely.

The Avocado Club from what I understand now was the brainchild of the then manager. (At them time he would always present these things to us as if the band/Terry was all in.) He wrote the press releases (which included "all kinds of grandiose plans" like reserved seating at shows) and he was in charge of the material that was on the releases and how they were printed. We'd send out the press releases from him, take the orders when he said everything was ready we'd send him the dough and then wait for him to send us the discs to send out. And when I say wait, I mean waaaaaaaaiiiiiit... which meant the club members waaaaaaaiiiiiittted as well.

(Footnote any time T-shirts were promised it worked this same way. The manager would promise them, we'd take the orders and send him the money and he would have them shipped to us about a year late if at all... and we'd have to find the money to ship them all out. Worked like a never oiled machine left out in the rain in a pond.)

Terry wasn't even really 'in on' what was on the discs I don't believe, he was kind of in the dark from what I understand. The manager used some songs Terry demo'd as a song writer for a publisher he was working for at the time and printed those on the discs. Eventually he sent them to us as discs on a spindle. We had to come up with some kind of artwork and send them out and apologize to everyone for the looooong wait.

Apparently the manager at the time made it seem to Terry that we were behind the Avocado Club and when he quit we were accused of not paying the CD printing bill. (We had no idea who even printed them.) When we found out we asked for the invoices from him which all had the managers address on them. This is also how the 77s club worked by the way, although Mike may have had more input on what was on the CDs and what the artwork would look like.

The clubs were a failure. A few interesting CDs came out of it but everything that made them happen was majorly broken.

Patreon is all Terry and Andrew. It's what the Avocado Club should have been. A precursor to it was his Basement "Swine Before Pearl" Demos series he did a few years ago. With that series we basically thought he could produce his own 'Basement Tapes' like Keaggy had done over the years and it was planned it would continue. But Patreon is even better as the money goes directly to the artist and there is a lot less overhead since you are not manufacturing and shipping stuff. Terry is in full control of how it goes which is exactly how it should be. A lot more stable and creatively alive.

02-15-2020 08:09 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that is good to hear

Psalm 119:83
02-15-2020 23:52 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's Patreon is boomin with greatness

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH