Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Weird TST Covers » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Weird TST Covers
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Weird TST Covers Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by anne
it's my party and i'll cry if i want to.

I saw Leslie Gore last year for free! Big Grin

She did not sing that song, but she did sing "It's Judy's Turn to Cry!"

Heck... I would like to here TST do a cover of that one.

Speaking of weird covers, has anyone else heard T Bone Burnett's cover of "Diamonds are a girl's best friend?"

OK so now we know what Dr Rich wants Terry to cover what ones would you like to hear?

How about...

Oops I did it again?

Itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini

Dance all around the world by BLERTA

Nature by Formyula

10-08-2002 16:14 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would like to hear DA cover the Moby song "Southside" with VH type production!

10-08-2002 16:27 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it'd be interesting to hear Terry do a Steve song....and Steve to do a Terry tune.....Taylor a la Taylor....groovy

10-08-2002 16:28 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I want to hear DA cover Nazareth's "Hair of the Dog."

10-08-2002 16:28 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine

"Now your messing with..."
Evil

yes... very nice! Big Grin

I would like to hear Johnny Cash sing "Pretend I'm Elvis"

10-08-2002 16:37 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:

"Now your messing with..."
Evil

yes... very nice! Big Grin

I would like to hear Johnny Cash sing "Pretend I'm Elvis"

Johnny would be great for that song. If he will sing "Man in Black" with One Bad Pig, he should do this for us.

10-08-2002 16:48 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

Speaking of weird covers, has anyone else heard T Bone Burnett's cover of "Diamonds are a girl's best friend?"

That whole EP was a thing of wonder. I wish it was on CD, along with Proof Through the Night. Man it would be great to hear Murder Weapon, and Hefner and Disney all clean and crisp.

Sniff, I'm gonna cry now.

Diamonds was brilliant. To show how much I didn't know back then I didn't know it was a cover tune.

10-08-2002 16:51 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I think that is just old tape of him singing "Man in Black" (at least I hope so!)
I found that CD for a dollar a few months ago (I Scream Sunday) but it still was a dollar too much! Big Grin

10-08-2002 16:52 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
I think that is just old tape of him singing "Man in Black" (at least I hope so!)
I found that CD for a dollar a few months ago (I Scream Sunday) but it still was a dollar too much! Big Grin

Come on doc! A dollar to hear Johnny??? Okay, maybe you're right.

10-08-2002 16:58 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I could not stomach the songs like "your a pagan" Frown
I carried it around the store for a few minutes though!

10-08-2002 17:00 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
I could not stomach the songs like "your a pagan" Frown
I carried it around the store for a few minutes though!

LOL, glad I'm not the only one that does crap like that.

10-08-2002 17:05 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

it seemed to much like "oh my, you'll fry!"
Big Grin

10-08-2002 17:06 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
it seemed to much like "oh my, you'll fry!"
Big Grin

You've crossed the line again, your passion is an embarrassing thing.

10-08-2002 17:08 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin I try! Big Grin

10-08-2002 17:09 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

You love offending people, don't you??

10-08-2002 17:10 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I think it's his spiritual gift...

10-08-2002 17:13 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul

Dennis would make a good senior pastor. Big Grin

10-08-2002 17:14 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i still don't know how to quote correctly; i am such a technomoron, but referring back to T BONE, he is presently rerecording parts of Proof Through the Night and plans to rerelease it on CD. His version of Diamonds does not match C Channing's, but it is classy.
10-08-2002 18:10 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul

Dennis would make a good senior pastor. Big Grin

Shocked

10-08-2002 22:41 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
i still don't know how to quote correctly; i am such a technomoron, but referring back to T BONE, he is presently rerecording parts of Proof Through the Night and plans to rerelease it on CD. His version of Diamonds does not match C Channing's, but it is classy.

Where did you pick up that nugget. You must remember to post something when it gets released. Oh happy day!

10-09-2002 10:50 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Weird TST Covers

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH