Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Spock's Beard? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Spock's Beard?
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Spock's Beard? baxter 10-12-2002 02:25
 RE: Spock's Beard? Mark 10-12-2002 21:04
 RE: Spock's Beard? Joey T. 10-12-2002 21:34
 RE: Spock's Beard? baxter 10-12-2002 22:08
 RE: Spock's Beard? Joey T. 10-12-2002 22:13
 RE: Spock's Beard? Mark 10-13-2002 09:37
 RE: Spock's Beard? Lost Canine 10-13-2002 12:35
 RE: Spock's Beard? Jim Muglia 10-13-2002 12:36
 RE: Spock's Beard? Joey T. 10-13-2002 12:57
 RE: Spock's Beard? Mark 10-13-2002 13:17
 sb on topic Theo 10-13-2002 18:47
 RE: Spock's Beard? Gamgee 10-14-2002 10:18
 RE: Spock's Beard? Mark 10-14-2002 21:51
 RE: Spock's Beard? Andrew 10-14-2002 21:56

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Spock's Beard? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know anything about the band, Spock's Beard? Their album, Snow, got a great and intruiging review from Phantom Tollbooth this week. Do they have a website?
10-12-2002 02:25 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know one of their members plays in the prog rock supergroup Transatlantic. I believe you can find a link on the Dream Theater website www.dreamtheater.net

10-12-2002 21:04 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How is this on-topic??? Confused

10-12-2002 21:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by baxter

Thanks for the link Mark! i'll check it out.
i'm sorry i brought a frown to your handsome face Joey; i wasn't careful to post in the right category.
10-12-2002 22:08 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

It's all good. That's not a frown, just a confused face. It's just that if there's talk about a band in the on-topic section, I start wondering if Terry produced them or some DA relation. That's all.... Smile )

10-12-2002 22:13 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

If you follow the links I listed, there was an article that the one member of Spock's Beard who also plays in Transatlantic was leaving. It was kind of an interesting story. I'm curious exactly what he meant by that.

10-13-2002 09:37 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Someone on this very site turned me onto SB once. I don't own any of their cd's, but I love their stuff.
LK-9

10-13-2002 12:35 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

Don't you know??? Spock's Beard is the title of the new DA album which will be out Tuesday. "Spock's Beard" was one of Fredriech Buechner's dreams, where he dreamed that the New Age Movement, as displayed in shows like Star Trek, would mature itself and embrace Christain truth; and Spock had a beard in the dream, as a sign of maturity. It was going to be called "Mr. Buechner's Dream: The Saga Continues"; but instead they're just going to call it "Spock's Beard".
10-13-2002 12:36
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia
quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

Don't you know??? Spock's Beard is the title of the new DA album which will be out Tuesday. "Spock's Beard" was one of Fredriech Buechner's dreams, where he dreamed that the New Age Movement, as displayed in shows like Star Trek, would mature itself and embrace Christain truth; and Spock had a beard in the dream, as a sign of maturity. It was going to be called "Mr. Buechner's Dream: The Saga Continues"; but instead they're just going to call it "Spock's Beard".

Roll Eyes

10-13-2002 12:57 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

I just checked out the Spock's Beard website and message board. Someone posted on the message board that he was a Christian and has been for a little while. He is on the Snow CD, but it was his last. I think he is planning on recording something different in the future.

10-13-2002 13:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

sb on topic Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When I was down in LA, Jeff Elbel and his family took me out to a free, evening, on the street in front of a record store, gig of Spock's Beard. It was an acoustic set and they were awesome! I'd never much heard of them before. Jeff says they don't gig much. They were signing their new "Snow" album and played a couple tunes from it as well. The Elbels and I both commented afterwards how the lyrics really seemed to share the Faith. So if the main writer dude is a Christian, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I do want to get one of their CDs, but when I have the dough. New TST stuff is higher on the priority list.
10-13-2002 18:47 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Spock had a beard in the famous "Mirror, Mirror" episode.
10-14-2002 10:18 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

You are correct.

10-14-2002 21:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
You are correct.

Fascinating
10-14-2002 21:56 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Spock's Beard?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH