Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Wilco » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Wilco
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

IT'S ALL GOOD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In my oppinion they are all good. Here's my favs in top 5 fashion
1)Summer Teeth
2)Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
3) AM
4)Being There

They also have those Woody Guthrie Tribute types with Billy Bragg that are just incredible
they are called Mermaid Ave vol 1 & 2
They are up there with my top 10 bands at this moment
Lucy
08-27-2002 15:00 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info

08-27-2002 15:16 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
So far I have only heard YHF. What do ya'll think of the other Wilco albums?

Great! All the Uncle Tupelo stuff is good too.
Also check out "Golden Smog" a supergroup with Jeff Tweedy.

08-27-2002 16:18 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yes I should check out Uncle Tupelo. I have 2 Son Volt CD's.

08-27-2002 16:23 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Yes I should check out Uncle Tupelo. I have 2 Son Volt CD's.

I am not so much into Son Volt (why I don't know) but when I have heard Son Volt on the radio I think it's Uncle Tupelo. So if you like one...

08-27-2002 16:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I think I like YHF better than the Son Volt CD's.

08-27-2002 16:29 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I think I like YHF better than the Son Volt CD's.

It's a great disc. no doubt about it. I can see why Terry likes them as well (just to keep the DA thing in this thread Wink )

08-27-2002 16:31 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Yes, we must praise DA.

08-27-2002 16:33 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Yes, we must praise DA.

prasie DA from whom all blessings flow.
praise DA...

I am starting to creep myself out Frown

08-27-2002 16:41 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

OK calm down.

08-27-2002 16:42 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
OK calm down.

If anyone says "May the force be with you" as a joke, I always say "and also with you"

08-27-2002 16:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

That's neat. So what kind of reaction do you get?

08-27-2002 16:45 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
That's neat. So what kind of reaction do you get?

"Uh... Youre Catholic... right?"

I just laughWink

08-27-2002 16:50 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

That's funny

08-27-2002 16:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
That's funny

it's a silly joke, but it works Big Grin

08-27-2002 16:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

There is a movie about Wilco called "I am trying to break your heart" and is about making the new CD, Tweedy firing Jay Bennet and having to find a new label.
I want to see it tomorrow. It is playing in "art houses" they have it at the Lagoon in Mpls here.

09-06-2002 16:37 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Yes, there was an article about it in Paste Magazine.

09-06-2002 19:06 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I really liked the movie "I am trying to break your heart." It's funny how down to earth Jeff Tweedy is or seemed to be in the film. I am not sure how many cities this thing will play in but I am sure it's only a matter of time before it's out on DVD, I mean like what? 6 months?
Big Grin

09-09-2002 16:08 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Maybe less time.

09-09-2002 17:40 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

I'm going on Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The 20th of Sept here in Madison to see it. I'm pretty pumped to check it out. So it was worth seeing in the theatre. wasit a good "movie" or was it more like a really long music video. Just curious. I'm sure I'll go and love it, but when I can I like to get a preview from my good buddy Dr.
Yea on the Terry subject, it didn't strike me as surprising at all that Terry sites them in his interview at the end of disk 3 of WEWH. What would be interesting would be to see if Jeff & co has heard of Terry/DA etc. Hmmmm.
Lucy
09-09-2002 18:50 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Wilco

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH