Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAmbIT 10/17/02 update » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAmbIT 10/17/02 update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
B Diddy
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Glad to hear you got yours finished!

I just got an email from LK-9 with his song, and Mugs said his was in the mail as well.

So now I need to hear back from AotP and Jasoooon (Fluid Imbibers) and that will be everyone (I think?).

Pretty cool if we end up at 33 songs like MBD!

B Diddy
(BD when he posts from his real job)
10-22-2002 13:53 B Diddy is offline Search for Posts by B Diddy Add B Diddy to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered
whew! that's a relief! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ™
everybody submit yer cover of yer favorite TST/DA/SE/LD (even if it's just you hummin' into a kazoo!)

I'm glad that humming into a kazoo is an acceptable standard, cuz I'm thinking that my cover leaves quite a bit to be desired.

So when you hear mine, just remember, we only have "kazoo" standards for the project. Smile
Jim
10-22-2002 14:57
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia

I'm glad that humming into a kazoo is an acceptable standard, cuz I'm thinking that my cover leaves quite a bit to be desired.

So when you hear mine, just remember, we only have "kazoo" standards for the project. Smile
Jim
[/QUOTE]

Same here, Jim. I definitely have a newfound respect for these guys (DA/LD/TT/etal). How they go into a studio and hammer out such tight, good music in such a short time is amazing to me, esp. after trying my hand at it this last week or so. I never knew there was so much "slack" in my guitar pickin'!!!
10-22-2002 17:00 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

I'm sitting here with great anticipation...

Still sitting...

BD rules...

Still sitting...

7th inning stretch....

When is this gonna be done??? Confused
10-22-2002 21:57
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork

It will be done when it's done!

Wink

Sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

hows that for pinning it down?

I can only work a little at night and weekends. But that's the time frame I originally set up and it looks like I will need most of it.

I'm making a web page with all the information that I have on cost and ordering and all that junk. It should be up soon. Smile

BD

10-23-2002 09:21 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

NO PRESSURE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

but why is it taking more than an hour?
Isn't everything ready
"in about an hour"?

..and cost?
isn't everything
"about a hundred dollars?"

Make it easy on yerself there my man.
(as in...send the money first, everyone)
JiMinY

and agreed- its more than singin into a mike, ain't it?
btw- my 20 year old nephew is thinking of quiting college (2nd year) ..and????
becoming a professional musician, of course1
(Hes been plunkin guitar for about a year. Never played in front of ANY audience, anywhere-he freezes around me!)
all I could do to not kick him in the bubble and bust it)

"..just when I could see light
at the end of my pipedream
somethings not the way it seems
it'll pull you under overnight."

Everything is Alright- Mark Heard
10-23-2002 10:01 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

B Diddy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like the new name........it's just so YOU!

Say, have you made a decision on pricing, cuz we certainly COULD send money to help you along, you know.......

And Beenie, what's this about the nephew (Jon?) I never heard that.....................he did play a bit and sing at his Grad party, at MY insistence. He's pretty good, too.......although, speaking from an Auntie's point of view, that don't mean diddly (or B Diddly Smile

anyhooooooo - Mr. Dork - PLEASE let us help you, if we can - because we think you're the coolest thing since Dreamsicles, baby.

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-23-2002 10:19 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jc
Luteous Llama

did I say jon? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have more than one nephew-deary
this is Shars nephew Michael.
there U are (nosey!)
Hey what are U doing reading my personal mail???
Nyuk
JiMiny
10-23-2002 15:34 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
B Diddy
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
I like the new name........it's just so YOU!

Say, have you made a decision on pricing, cuz we certainly COULD send money to help you along, you know.......

And Beenie, what's this about the nephew (Jon?) I never heard that.....................he did play a bit and sing at his Grad party, at MY insistence. He's pretty good, too.......although, speaking from an Auntie's point of view, that don't mean diddly (or B Diddly Smile

anyhooooooo - Mr. Dork - PLEASE let us help you, if we can - because we think you're the coolest thing since Dreamsicles, baby.

As soon as I'm sure about the costs I'll let everyone know.

B Diddy is my new user name when I'm at work.

(all my foders get screwed up if I use BigDork here and at home)

I kind of like it too.

B DiddyPleased
10-23-2002 17:19 B Diddy is offline Search for Posts by B Diddy Add B Diddy to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

B Diddy, wasn't he married to that J Lo chick?

Waiting to mail my song dude. At your oiliest convenience mail me your addy.

10-23-2002 17:26 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

is it still possible to order DAMBit?
10-24-2002 14:03 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

It isn't all that expensive to run real CDs instead of CDRs. I wonder how we could get enough interest in them? Between the DADL and the DAmb it seems like we could get enough interest to sell enough to pay for a run. If they were still $12 bucks or so, you'd only have to sell half of them to pay for a 1000 run. And the contributors would probably buy a couple of them each to give to friends and family......right????

10-24-2002 15:08 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

friends?- family? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

brdh-
erh, not in my case.
grande schemes are more scheme then grande.
10-24-2002 15:19 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

if I had any friends, I might........he he

I'd probably buy an extra, just for fun Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-24-2002 15:55 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
It isn't all that expensive to run real CDs instead of CDRs. I wonder how we could get enough interest in them? Between the DADL and the DAmb it seems like we could get enough interest to sell enough to pay for a run. If they were still $12 bucks or so, you'd only have to sell half of them to pay for a 1000 run. And the contributors would probably buy a couple of them each to give to friends and family......right????

too much up front money for me Frown

BD

10-24-2002 22:37 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
is it still possible to order DAMBit?

yes, no one has actually ordered it yet, well except doc…

but he never follows directions

I’ll put up a way to order it soon on my web site. The project wont be sent out for some time though.

BD

10-24-2002 22:39 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

BD rocks! Smile )

10-24-2002 22:40 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

I might have my family and friends listen to it, but if they want a copy, I'll make them order it. Big Grin

10-25-2002 01:12 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thanks BD Big Grin
10-25-2002 01:21 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
LKarl-9
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 10-25-2002
Location: Some folks call it a slingblade, I call it a kaiserblade....Carl Childers

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
BD rocks! Smile )

NO Carl rocks!
LKarl-9
10-25-2002 14:49 LKarl-9 is offline Send an Email to LKarl-9 Search for Posts by LKarl-9 Add LKarl-9 to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAmbIT 10/17/02 update

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH