Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry Christmas! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry Christmas!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Terry Christmas! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's Christmas Time!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
10-19-2002 21:56 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by ™
City On A Hill-It’s Christmas Time Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This time around Hindalong gathered return artists
Jars of Clay, Third Day, Sixpence None the Richer,
Caedmon’s Call and Derri Daugherty (The Choir),
while welcoming newcomers Paul Colman Trio, Sara
Groves, Julie Miller (Buddy & Julie Miller), Out of Eden,
Michael Tait (dc talk, Tait) and
Terry Scott Taylor (Daniel Amos, Lost Dogs) .
Hindalong also recruited longtime friend Derri
Daugherty to co-produce the record. “Derri’s great
acoustic sensibilities lend themselves well to the
record’s intimacy,” Hindalong explains.

Bidding listeners to come and see the season’s
miracles is the album’s first radio single and title track,
“It’s Christmas Time,” written by Taylor and Hindalong.
This original song features the record’s all-star cast,
seven of whom trade lead vocals throughout the
verses.

It sets the dramatic stage for Taylor’s “Holy Emmanuel,”
a playful, unassuming birth announcement.

10-20-2002 01:43 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the most wonderful time of the year! Big Grin
10-20-2002 01:47 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

and something else Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

when was th' last time ya heard this kind of money spent on a TST tune! (listen to the quality of th' mix!)

Holy Emmanuel

10-20-2002 02:00 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi tm, i don't think i ever have heard such $.

i spoke to steve H. after his songwriting lecture at Cornerstone this year and thanked him for including TST in the project. He was very excited that Terry was going to have a major role in this City.
10-20-2002 02:06 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

no Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

not tm

it's ™ (alt+0153) or for you Mac users (option+2)

and yes, tell me more about yer conversation with SH!

10-20-2002 02:14 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

it wasn't a long conversation. he was pretty nervous about giving the talk, and i told him i thought he did a great job. i'll look for my notes and e mail you parts of his lecture. He gave many examples about how the songwriting process works with him.
he also shared that,(like Terry), he greatly appreciates feedback about what his songwriting has meant to others and how the good Lord has used it to bless others. i thanked him again for some encouragement he had given my wife and i after a Ca concert many years ago. We were infertile at the time and had just experienced another miscarriage. One of the songs he played that day addressed our sorrow. That song ministered to us through the years of drought. He was happy to hear that the Lord eventually blessed us with twins!
10-20-2002 02:26 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

real Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thanks, man, for the transparency.

My wife and I have opted to not have kids. I've got one from a previous marriage. This is Mary's first marriage and she's havin' a hard time coping with the fact that she's never gonna be a Mom. A lot of factors went into our decision, not the least of which is were both bipolar.

-

That's what I love about threads on this board, you never know where they're gonna end up!

10-20-2002 03:16 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

hey baxter,
if you happen to find your notes from s.h.'s songwriting lecture, is there any chance you'd email them to me, too? i ended up having to miss steve's lecture for a family brunch (most of my relatives live in IL) & was very sad about it.
10-20-2002 08:32 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Certainly Miss Anne, though that initial "if" is quite large
due to my horrendous organizational skills...

more horrendous than any Disc you could imagine. Imagine That.
10-20-2002 17:14 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
Certainly Miss Anne, though that initial "if" is quite large
due to my horrendous organizational skills...

more horrendous than any Disc you could imagine. Imagine That.

Shocked

10-21-2002 00:21 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry Christmas!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH