Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » just thinkin' out loud- » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page just thinkin' out loud-
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Thread Starter Thread Started by ™
-nice... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I do not get the vibe that Terry or anyone else in DA is a prude, so why should we act like prudes on the band's website?

It also seems to me that Terry & the boys consider the damb to be for the fans, so it is ours (in a sense.)

That would explain why Terry and the boys post here so much, "oh it's not their board, it's ours". It's kinda like why the band that's playin' never jumps into their own mosh pit-

The analogy breaks down but what I'm observing is that with relative anonimity comes relatively unbridaled unwholesome talk as discussed in Ephesians 4:29 .

-

Let's consider raising the bar a little and maybe th' boys'll consider posting here again.

It's been awhile since we've hoid from any of them hasn't it? I mean Terry's last woid to us was, "Go to church!" What's that tell ya?!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
11-08-2002 01:53 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Guido Martinez Guido Martinez is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree we should raise the bar, but can I still say "wiener" on this forum?
11-08-2002 08:57 Guido Martinez is offline Send an Email to Guido Martinez Homepage of Guido Martinez Search for Posts by Guido Martinez Add Guido Martinez to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Guido Martinez: None YIM Account Name of Guido Martinez: None
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Not only that.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...but heck, you can still BE one too.... Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
11-08-2002 09:01 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that's not nice, Carl.

would you like me to raise my bar and strike you?
11-08-2002 10:26 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

I can agree with that Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BubbaCarl
I say we put dennis in charge of "censorship" here... Big Grin

I think we should make Dennis a.k.a. DrRich, Uncle Ralph, and assorted other personages the "Official Censor of the DAmb". Oh, can we say that?????????????

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

11-08-2002 14:08 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Oh, I get it! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is, like, one of those political "no-show" jobs, right? Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
11-08-2002 14:11 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Evil Genius Anne Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by anne
i'm still interested in hearing what sort of strange animal other people think the damb is, or ideally should be.

I believe I said this earlier, but it bears repeating:

1) 99.9% of us here are adults! If we wish to act a bit, well, shall I say ADULT, I see no real problem with that.

2) The DAmb, as I see it, is a place where we can be real human beings. We share, we laugh, we pray for each other, we cry..............it's a community of believers of all stripes, who really DO care for each other.

3) IF the language is offensive to anyone - well, personally, I feel those who are offended should get a life, but that's just my own personal view. I, too, would be very willing to tone down anything that would offend someone here......on occasion, however, the use of a good cuss word just fits the bill.

4) I am a big girl. I know the "rules" of this board - I've been on a number of message boards, most of which display some really disgusting behavior (and some of these are Christian boards.) The talk and banter here is quite reasonable. The ONLY one protesting is Mugs. (methinks thou dost protesteth too much)

Ideally, this board should be one where we are allowed to be who we are, in the grace of mercy of our Lord. That's exactly how I've felt here.................most of the time.

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

11-08-2002 14:29 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Censorship Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, we as adminastrators have struggled with the
idea of which posts cross the line..

But, which line and designated by who? Different things
are offensive to different people, politics, other religions, cussing, certain topics, etc, etc

I was in a friends house one time and used the word
'crap' and he got offended that I cussed in his house.
I never thought of that word as a cuss word, that I think
is a cultural difference. Now taking the Lord's name in vain
is of course not up for interpritation.

Take DA's career as an example, they've been boo'd and had the plugs pulled at concerts because their music was offensive. Terry described the night at Cornerstone '90
as frenchin from the stage, which offended some.. but in california beaches that is a normal term, not a cuss word.
It just means 'cool.'

Some Christian colleges cancelled their Swirling Eddies
shows because of the title of the song "Hide The Beer The Pastors Here."

From our perspective, every person has a responsability
to censor themsleves here and everywhere. If you are convicted about what you yourself type, then raise the standard.

But as for us censoring this board, we have decided
only to step in if we think a post will hurt the band
in some way. Some may disagree with our decissions,
but it's possible that a post that seems innocent might
unwittingly hurt the band based on information we have.
And of course we will delete and ban anyone that simply
advertises get rich schemes, etc. The Swirling Eddies
might like spam but we don't.

We did of course create the Argument Dump as a compromise,
not wanting to censor the conversations, but at the same
time some controversial arguments will go on forever
and just get uglier and uglier (just read the RMC)..
so those threads need to be segregated from the normal
stuff.

townsends

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-08-2002 14:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

It's been over a decade since I was in Bible School.
I can't figure out why I am still in this kind of debate.

Great insight from the Townsends! Big Grin

P.s. Joey need to go with the Bee Gees, but the ealy brit invasion sounding stuff! Pleased

11-08-2002 16:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
It's been over a decade since I was in Bible School.
I can't figure out why I am still in this kind of debate.

Great insight from the Townsends! Big Grin

P.s. Joey need to go with the Bee Gees, but the ealy brit invasion sounding stuff! Pleased

ya, you betcha! Wink

11-08-2002 16:45 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

when I am with my co-worker's or people that I do not know very well I am VeRY aware of what I say & the language that I use, & the "tone" of my conversation (& my reputation)...

BuT when I am with my VeRY GooD "Christian" friends my inhabitions are GoNe so... (my true nature come out?) why is that ? Just a thought... Confused

11-08-2002 16:49 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

why do you randomly capitalize words? just a thought... Wink

11-08-2002 16:50 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
when I am with my co-worker's or people that I do not know very well I am VeRY aware of what I say & the language that I use, & the "tone" of my conversation (& my reputation)...

BuT when I am with my VeRY GooD "Christian" friends my inhabitions are GoNe so... (my true nature come out?) why is that ? Just a thought... Confused

hell if I know! Tongue

11-08-2002 17:01 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
We did of course create the Argument Dump as a compromise,
not wanting to censor the conversations, but at the same
time some controversial arguments will go on forever
and just get uglier and uglier (just read the RMC)..
so those threads need to be segregated from the normal
stuff.

townsends

I say the audiori are doing a great job! Smile )

11-08-2002 19:46 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

LOL! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Not only that....

...but heck, you can still BE one too....

Big Grin

11-08-2002 21:33 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

-whoops Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think my horns were showin'

11-08-2002 22:51 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I see them

11-14-2002 20:16 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

I saw TM's horns once...Wasn't that "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".

Didn't you rip some guy's heart out?

Yuk!...

11-14-2002 20:42 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Wasn't that C*rm*n?

11-15-2002 12:50 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

It was either C*rm*n, TM, or B*nny H*nn...

Tongue

11-15-2002 12:51 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » just thinkin' out loud-

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH