Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » just thinkin' out loud- » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page just thinkin' out loud-
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I do not get the vibe that Terry or anyone else in DA is a prude, so why should we act like prudes on the band's website?

It also seems to me that Terry & the boys consider the damb to be for the fans, so it is ours (in a sense.)

Amen and here here! Big Grin

11-07-2002 16:41 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
I do not get the vibe that Terry or anyone else in DA is a prude, so why should we act like prudes on the band's website?

It also seems to me that Terry & the boys consider the damb to be for the fans, so it is ours (in a sense.)

Big Grin Good to see ya Joey!

11-07-2002 16:41 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
quote:
quote:

You too. I'm still lookin' for the mugs-dennis debate! Tongue

11-07-2002 16:42 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you can keep looking. it would be a waste of time!
too bad I gotta split in 7 min.

11-07-2002 16:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
BubbaCarl
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-31-2002

I say we put dennis in charge of "censorship" here... Big Grin
11-07-2002 16:48 BubbaCarl is offline Send an Email to BubbaCarl Search for Posts by BubbaCarl Add BubbaCarl to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BubbaCarl
I say we put dennis in charge of "censorship" here... Big Grin

that is just crazy talk!

11-07-2002 16:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:

OK Dennis here's the debate:

Should Joey T. buy Helen Reddy's Greatest Hits or The Bee Gees Greatest Hits?
11-07-2002 17:26
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia
quote:

If those were the only 2 choices.....hmmmm... BeeGees! Saturday Night Fever. Yeah baby! Cool

11-07-2002 17:29 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
quote:
quote:

If those were the only 2 choices.....hmmmm... BeeGees! Saturday Night Fever. Yeah baby! Cool

You better take a pill for that saturday night fever if you wanna keep stayin' alive. Shocked
11-07-2002 17:37
anne
A Hot Wolly

the damb cardinal sin: unkindness. (runnerup: arrogance) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ooo, ooo, look how this discussion resurrected! Pleased

lotsa comments... let's see, we've got:
. woggy, joey, and dennis -- thanks for the luv Big Grin
. jc -- giving us his trademark mixture of the silly & the thoughtful (btw, i still think MY word was a PERFECT description, thankyouverymuch Wink )
. jim -- ever ready with the loyal opposition
. carl -- providing the important piece of information that there is at least one non-adult who would like to read the damb.

"With your registration you agree to the terms of this forum not to post
advertisements (including Get Rich Quick Schemes),
rumors,
slanderous remarks,
vulgar language,
insults."

ah, "The Rules". there are rules? who knew??? i didn't, anyway, so thank you to jim for calling it to our attention.

i don't mind following "The Rules", if that is either (a) the concensus of the group or (b) the serious wish of the moderators. is it?

to me, it seems that the purpose of the damb is slightly unclear. so i'd be very interested in hearing more discussion about what people think the damb should be... i.e., who it's for, what it's for, etc.

as for my own heinous infractions of "The Rules"...
i cuss. (gasp!) yes, i cuss. (and certain people can take their lava or whatnot and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.) i do not, however, cuss around people whom I know are bothered by profanity (e.g., my grandparents or my nieces). if it is decided that profanity is unwanted on the damb, then i can very easily refrain from profanity here as well. it's not a problem.
......in fact, i think it might turn out to be much more difficult for certain persons to refrain from insults, than it would be for me to refrain from swearing. mmmm?

IF people want "The Rules" to be followed, then I propose a method for enforcing said rules: every time a damber breaks a rule, he/she will be required to make a monetary (say, $20.00?) donation to DA.
.....i think i would enjoy that. Evil how bout the rest of ya'all?

11-07-2002 18:45 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by anne
ooo, ooo, look how this discussion resurrected! Pleased

lotsa comments... let's see, we've got:
. woggy, joey, and dennis -- thanks for the luv Big Grin
. jc -- giving us his trademark mixture of the silly & the thoughtful (btw, i still think MY word was a PERFECT description, thankyouverymuch Wink )
. jim -- ever ready with the loyal opposition
. carl -- providing the important piece of information that there is at least one non-adult who would like to read the damb.

"With your registration you agree to the terms of this forum not to post
advertisements (including Get Rich Quick Schemes),
rumors,
slanderous remarks,
vulgar language,
insults."

ah, "The Rules". there are rules? who knew??? i didn't, anyway, so thank you to jim for calling it to our attention.

i don't mind following "The Rules", if that is either (a) the concensus of the group or (b) the serious wish of the moderators. is it?

to me, it seems that the purpose of the damb is slightly unclear. so i'd be very interested in hearing more discussion about what people think the damb should be... i.e., who it's for, what it's for, etc.

as for my own heinous infractions of "The Rules"...
i cuss. (gasp!) yes, i cuss. (and certain people can take their lava or whatnot and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.) i do not, however, cuss around people whom I know are bothered by profanity (e.g., my grandparents or my nieces). if it is decided that profanity is unwanted on the damb, then i can very easily refrain from profanity here as well. it's not a problem.
......in fact, i think it might turn out to be much more difficult for certain persons to refrain from insults, than it would be for me to refrain from swearing. mmmm?

IF people want "The Rules" to be followed, then I propose a method for enforcing said rules: every time a damber breaks a rule, he/she will be required to make a monetary (say, $20.00?) donation to DA.

Shouldn't the moderators be the ones reminding us of the rules and enforcing them once in a while?
Jim
11-07-2002 19:00
B Diddy
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:

Mountain Dew off! anne

Evil

I'll have to do a search for that phrase, I seem to recall someone using it...mmmmmmm?

Tongue
11-07-2002 19:01 B Diddy is offline Search for Posts by B Diddy Add B Diddy to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by B Diddy
quote:

Mountain Dew off! anne

Evil

I'll have to do a search for that phrase, I seem to recall someone using it...mmmmmmm?

Tongue

she used it on me first.... Wink

11-07-2002 19:02 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by B Diddy
quote:

Mountain Dew off! anne

Evil

Tongue

That's nice, I thought I was the only one who ever got in her line of fire. Smile
11-07-2002 19:22
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
quote:

That's nice, I thought I was the only one who ever got in her line of fire. Smile

nah, anne's my friend. it was playful with us, never meant to be hurtful.... Smile

11-07-2002 19:48 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by jc
Mugsy
just gargle with holy water............

The only time I've seen something like that was years ago in Easy Money w Rodney Dangerfield. It was his daughter's wedding; he took a pill in back of the church, couldn't find any water to wash it down, so he grabbed the holy water insert and drank it. At least he made the sign of the cross. I hope it wasn't real holy water.
Jim
11-07-2002 21:12
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
quote:
quote:

nah, anne's my friend. it was playful with us, never meant to be hurtful.... Smile

Just playful, eh? That's not what she told me. Wink
11-07-2002 21:15
anne
A Hot Wolly

i'm still interested in hearing what sort of strange animal other people think the damb is, or ideally should be.

but anyway, re: Jim,
the moderators should be the ones...etc? sure it's great if the moderators want to intervene when they see something as being unacceptable. but what's wrong with mutual accountability as well? if i said something that bothered someone else, i would want them to tell me -- and i wouldn't need the moderator's official intervention -- because my goal is to bless (rather than harm) those around me. and as for enforcing the rules "once in a while"... well, punishment is most effective when it's meted out swiftly and consistently.
but actually..... guess what! i was just JOKING. my original enforcement suggestion was not meant to be taken seriously. so it's all okay, no need for anyone to get his/her panties in a ruffle.

and as for you, b diddy and joey t........
Mountain Dew. OFF. Mad

ok ok, just in case any of you dimbulbs find me confusing, here's a little hint:
1. most of what i say is a joke.
2. when i say something rude and insulting, it's 100% in jest. (i don't do that manipulative thing where you say something negative that you actually do really mean, but then put a smiley face afterwards to try to pretend like you were just joking... when everyone knows you really weren't. ok, got that? i really am just joking.)
3. it's only when i'm being polite that you might want to start worrying.... Evil
11-07-2002 22:38 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
B Diddy
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:

ok ok, just in case any of you dimbulbs find me confusing, here's a little hint:
1. most of what i say is a joke.
2. when i say something rude and insulting, it's 100% in jest. (i don't do that manipulative thing where you say something negative that you actually do really mean, but then put a smiley face afterwards to try to pretend like you were just joking... when everyone knows you really weren't. ok, got that? i really am just joking.)
3. it's only when i'm being polite that you might want to start worrying.... Evil

this could describe several of us on the DAmb Big Grin
11-07-2002 23:12 B Diddy is offline Search for Posts by B Diddy Add B Diddy to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
and as for you, b diddy and joey t........
Mountain Dew. OFF. Mad

you go girl! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

11-08-2002 00:41 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » just thinkin' out loud-

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH