Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom Daddy reformed » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Zoom Daddy reformed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin

Listen to the Biddy.

02-23-2003 09:43 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BD! Where were ya when I needed ya. For some stupid reason I was trying to be sensible and only spend what I had to that day. Went back the next week and it was nowhere to be found. And now the memory resides forever in my Hall of Shame!!
02-23-2003 14:38 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

As well it should.

02-23-2003 17:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Lobstermuchacho!
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-02-2003

Zoom Daddy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

One of the best releases, secular or otherwise, ever.

The depth of writing, and music craft is astonishing.

imho..
lm
03-03-2003 23:33 Lobstermuchacho! is offline Send an Email to Lobstermuchacho! Search for Posts by Lobstermuchacho! Add Lobstermuchacho! to your Buddy List
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

DA da DA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I found my tape this past weekend and gave it a listen or two. I really like it but I think I will have to agree with some and say it sounds more like a DA album than the Swirling Eddies...not that there is anything wrong with that! Whatever name is given for the group, if it is Terry and the boys, I'll buy it!
03-04-2003 16:14 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Toque Boy
I found my tape this past weekend and gave it a listen or two. I really like it but I think I will have to agree with some and say it sounds more like a DA album than the Swirling Eddies...not that there is anything wrong with that! Whatever name is given for the group, if it is Terry and the boys, I'll buy it!

yes it does... a lot like "Songs of the Heart!"

03-04-2003 16:46 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BobRobertz BobRobertz is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
quote:
Originally posted by EdHead
My cofession-

Definately NOT a typical Eddies album. It's somehow missing Camarillo's "true" vocal accent...(as seen in OE) Frown

We know why this is, of course, thanks to Camarillo's explanation on the Sacred Cows liner notes.

Sacred Cows - Terry Taylor is a Sacred Cow for me, but I must admit I listened to that CD once and shelved it. It would have been amusing had the tracks been available for free from the net, but I parted with $15.00 that would have been better spent on something like dishwashing detergent.
03-04-2003 21:09 BobRobertz is offline Send an Email to BobRobertz Search for Posts by BobRobertz Add BobRobertz to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of BobRobertz: BobRobertz1
Raoul Duke
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-23-2003

(™) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think production can determine the accessability of an album. I'm preferring the simple-dry-acoustic-but still-produced sound (Riley Armstrong) these days to the big-budget-production-number sound of th' '90's-
03-04-2003 23:10 Raoul Duke is offline Send an Email to Raoul Duke Search for Posts by Raoul Duke Add Raoul Duke to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hmmmm.... any relation to Dr. Robert? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BobRobertz
quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
quote:
Originally posted by EdHead
My cofession-
Definately NOT a typical Eddies album. It's somehow missing Camarillo's "true" vocal accent...(as seen in OE) Frown

We know why this is, of course, thanks to Camarillo's explanation on the Sacred Cows liner notes.

Sacred Cows - Terry Taylor is a Sacred Cow for me, but I must admit I listened to that CD once and shelved it. It would have been amusing had the tracks been available for free from the net, but I parted with $15.00 that would have been better spent on something like dishwashing detergent.

Anyway, you gotta take it in pieces -- it's a concept album, but let's face it, the concept doesn't always work. About half of it you can lose right away (& therefore if you bought any of the several recent TST/Roe offerings, you already know how to overpay for EPs anyway Big Grin ) Shocked .... er, anyway, past that:

"I Luv crap Music" is funny at first but admittedly gets old;

"Good God Devil Bad" holds up quite well, IMHO -- it sums up the entire "this stuff is SO dumb, so you might as WELL have fun with it" vibe of the whole thing;

"Schaten, Bithhhe Duscht" -- I don't get off on this song quite as much as others here, but c'mon, it's the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, FCOL... on general principle it oughta be Top 10.

"Big House" -- Come to the banquet at the world's end, so you can party on with Droopy! I was in tears the first time I heard this. Crying Big Grin

"Baby Baby" -- The one I come back to most. I don't care what ANYONE says, it's Yoko Ono & the dude from Crash Test Dummies. As ridiculously catchy as it is entirely retarded.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-05-2003 08:44 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
afterglow
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-19-2003

quote:
Originally posted by carl
As ridiculously catchy as it is entirely retarded.

Tongue

03-05-2003 08:53 afterglow is offline Search for Posts by afterglow Add afterglow to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

ZD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think most of us agree that ZD does not have the "catchiness" of say Motorcycle, as far as melodic or in the pop vein.
I felt the same way about Hey John Wayne- loved lil things about it right away..but it had to grow on me.

Such it is with most of TSTs work- though you can tell after a few tunes in if its an "approachable" style. I felt AF and MBD clicked the first time through.(thats personally speaking now)

And I have to agree with Sacred Cows, of ALL my DA related material- that gets the least airplay. A bit too much novelty for me.

my half penny-
jiminy

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-05-2003 09:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Homer
Unsullied Affiche

mmmmmmmm Sacred Cows
03-05-2003 23:43 Homer is offline Send an Email to Homer Search for Posts by Homer Add Homer to your Buddy List
Lazysusan
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 03-06-2003

I like cows.

Spittin' image of ma!
03-06-2003 00:38 Lazysusan is offline Send an Email to Lazysusan Search for Posts by Lazysusan Add Lazysusan to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I bet you do.

03-06-2003 18:40 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom Daddy reformed

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH