Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A duet between Terry and Leigh Nash? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A duet between Terry and Leigh Nash?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
skykinglvr
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

A duet between Terry and Leigh Nash? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was listening to the new City On A Hill Christmas cd and noticed that Terry was the second vocalist on the opening song. (He sings the line that begins "Glad tidings we will bring of Christ the newborn king...") A lot of artists sing on that song and on the whole disc, but one that really stands out is Leigh Nash, lead singer of "Sixpence None the Richer." She has a beautifully distinctive voice and I was thinking how neat it would be if she and Terry ever got together for a duet. (Has Terry ever sang a duet with a female vocalist?)

By the way, Sixpence's new album, "Divine Discontent" is excellent. The music is beautiful, Leigh's vocals are top notch, and the songs are very thought provoking. It's a real keeper.
11-06-2002 20:47 skykinglvr is offline Send an Email to skykinglvr Search for Posts by skykinglvr Add skykinglvr to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well there is a female vocalist on "Ghost of the Heart" from Alarma! but I don't think you'd call that a duet.

How about "Only One" from the Miracle Faith Telethon?

11-06-2002 23:28 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i have always hoped to hear a TST/Dr. Rene Richards duet of

Real Girls, but i guess something with L Nash would be more eddyfying...
11-07-2002 01:53 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
Well there is a female vocalist on "Ghost of the Heart" from Alarma! but I don't think you'd call that a duet.

How about "Only One" from the Miracle Faith Telethon?

The female vocalist on that track is none other than Crystal Lewis and the song originally appeared on _Wild Blue Yonder_, a mid-'80's California cow-punk band that gave Crystal her start (excellent album, produced by none other than TST).

It's tragic to see how she has left her roots for the miasma of CCM.Wink
11-07-2002 10:15 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

"the miasma of CCM" that's good.
11-07-2002 16:44 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by baxter

how about TST and Dr Laura for Real Girls? Evil

11-07-2002 16:48 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

LOL! Big Grin

11-07-2002 16:49 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
quote:

LOL! Big Grin

Be honest!
you can't wait to hear it! Tongue

11-07-2002 16:50 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
quote:

LOL! Big Grin

Be honest!
you can't wait to hear it! Tongue

No, I can't! Pleased

11-07-2002 16:51 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Uncle Ralph
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-608.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2002
Location: "I intend to live forever - so far, so good." Steven Wright

I really got to go now.
the computer has not kicked me off.

~dennis ralph.

11-07-2002 17:02 Uncle Ralph is offline Send an Email to Uncle Ralph Search for Posts by Uncle Ralph Add Uncle Ralph to your Buddy List
skykinglvr
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Thread Starter Thread Started by skykinglvr

Why does almost every post on this message board turn into a joke? I was hoping for some decent discussion. I'm afraid I'm getting a little disillusioned with lack of taking posts seriously.
11-07-2002 20:24 skykinglvr is offline Send an Email to skykinglvr Search for Posts by skykinglvr Add skykinglvr to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Originally posted by skykinglvr
Why does almost every post on this message board turn into a joke? I was hoping for some decent discussion. I'm afraid I'm getting a little disillusioned with lack of taking posts seriously.

Because we all have sences of humour and see funny stuff all over the place.

Besides - the world is so horrible if I didn't laugh I'd cry all the time.
11-07-2002 20:28 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

for a little more serious discussion about TST related music than this madhouse, sign up for the dadl (daniel amos discussion list)

11-07-2002 20:38 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
anne
A Hot Wolly

tst/female vocalist duets... ? hm. do rikki michelle's bgv's on Pie Hole count?

i wonder why terry hasn't incorporated more female vocals into his music, like in DA. could be a cool way for them to branch out & do some different things with their sound.
hey! imagine them adding a female singer for the 4th dog.... whoa... very weird thought. and who would it be, leigh nash? ...of course, for all i know, you guys have probably already discussed that possibility on the dadl Roll Eyes

i've heard very good reviews of the new sixpence, too (like in this week's column at tm3am); i'm hoping to get a copy some time.

the city on a hill christmas thing is pretty okay, although i find myself automatically comparing it to noel. i was surprised how much i really liked the track with the 3rdday dude, julie miller, and derri, for example, and there are some other really nice ones as well. overall the album is very pleasant, so i think i'm gonna give it to someone as a christmas present.
11-08-2002 01:43 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
skykinglvr
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Thread Starter Thread Started by skykinglvr

Joey,
Thanks for pointing me to the DADL. I signed up right away.
11-08-2002 12:55 skykinglvr is offline Send an Email to skykinglvr Search for Posts by skykinglvr Add skykinglvr to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Joey,
Thanks for pointing me to the DADL. I signed up right away.

No problem... just watch out for the root beer and cd-r discussions.... Wink

11-08-2002 13:21 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Sure why not

11-14-2002 20:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

I agree Mark.

11-14-2002 20:39 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i'd agree, but my name is "mud" here...
11-15-2002 02:09 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

How's it going mud?

11-15-2002 19:54 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A duet between Terry and Leigh Nash?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH