Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Wedding songs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Wedding songs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Wedding songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To counter blance the funeral songs how about a TST soundtrack for a wedding?

The bride could walk down the aisle to the strains of "Beregrey poop'onh Overture"?

The two of you walk out to "Snowball"

Serious suggestions

I got an idea
All that remains
Off of my mind
Can't take my eyes off of you
Out night to howl our time to go dancing
Sweet Companion
11-13-2002 15:39 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Piehole?" Evil

11-13-2002 16:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If I ever get married again I want to have "Come What May" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack played... Cool
and if you don't like that you can go suck eggs! Tongue

11-13-2002 16:13 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
If I ever get married again I want to have "Come What May" from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack played... Cool
and if you don't like that you can go suck eggs! Tongue

or how about "The Too Fat Polka!" Tongue

11-13-2002 16:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

for the honeymoon... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

give me
Get Back into the Bus-Aloha

FOR a wedding anniversary (just did 20)
I love
When I'm blowin Smoke
and also
Angels must smile like that

(btw-my Mother in law is named Donna...only one fit there)
Hes a bit of a softy-ain't he

JiMIny
11-13-2002 16:23 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

what about the song by Paul(Noel)Stokey?

11-13-2002 16:26 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
"Piehole?" Evil

LOL, now that is funny.

11-13-2002 17:08 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

If anyone wants JT & Betty so sing for an anniversary, just let knowWink .

11-13-2002 17:09 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i know uncle terry didn't write it but i like this one...

Grow Old With Me
John Lennon
Grow old along with me
The best is yet to be
When our time has come
We will be as one
God bless our love
God bless our love

Grow old along with me
Two branches of one tree
Face the setting sun
When the day is done
God bless our love
God bless our love

Spending our lives together
Man and wife together
World without end
World without end

Grow old along with me
Whatever fate decrees
We will see it through
For our love is true
God bless our love
God bless our love

11-13-2002 18:24 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Bryan Bryan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 11-13-2002

Marriage...When Worlds Collide Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What a timely post...

I'm off to a wedding tomorrow at which will be played "When Worlds Collide".

Other possible wedding tunes...
"This Time Isn't One of Them"
- Vigilantes of Love

"(Hallelujah) Here she Comes"
- U2

"Beautiful Day"
- U2

"Ditto" - Lost Dogs??

Smile

-Bryan
11-13-2002 19:07 Bryan is offline Send an Email to Bryan Search for Posts by Bryan Add Bryan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
"Piehole?" Evil

LOL, now that is funny.

same old jokes never die here! Big Grin

11-14-2002 11:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hmmmm.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Although our wedding was a disaster (i had gastroenteritis & a 102 fever; the building guy at our church then was a rude and totally unhelpful moron dork who wouldn't turn on the AC in mid-August; nobody turned the $#&^* tunes on when I asked them to during the whole photo-shoot deal, leaving everyone to sit around drinking non-alcoholic champagne that wasn't even as good as club soda during an hour of total dead air and everything totally out of sync, etc.), I put a lot of time into those tapes.... I think Bruce Cockburn's "The Rose Above the Sky" is about perfect for the occasion.... of course, since side one ended with "What About the Bond" and he wound up divorced a year or so later I could be wrong....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
11-14-2002 11:26 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

That glows with warmth, carl!

Sounds like a typical wedding...We forgot our license at home and had to send someone after it, had a couple sing "The Two of You" (by Matthew Ward) off-key and nasally with colds...

In hindsight, I think I'd definately had someone sing Mike Roe's "Treasure in You" but it hadn't been released yet!

Frown

11-14-2002 11:34 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

did you include "anytime at all" by T-Bone Burnett? I love that song.

11-14-2002 11:35 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

JimINy sang at my wedding.

Time in a Bottle - Jim Croce
Here, There and Everywhere - Fab 4

My sister found an old picture of him recently, performing at the wedding.............he looked mighty fine in his suede vest, long hair, and geeeetar.

I cried like a baby.............

Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

11-14-2002 11:35 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Ain't never heard it...

11-14-2002 11:36 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Sure you have... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Cry Like a Baby" by the Box Tops (led by Alex Chilton, creator of the greatest pre-Zoom Daddy album ever....)....
actually, that song was on my wedding tapes too.... Smile

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
11-14-2002 12:03 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

I wanted it, but the idea was nixed... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"When I'm 64" by the Beatles Roll Eyes

What ended up being sung was:

Unexpected Song (Andrew Lloyd Webber)
All I Ask Of You (again-Andrew Lloyd Webber)
Sunrise, Sunset (from Fiddler on the Roof)

As you can tell, we were involved in drama stuff in college/seminary. (Interesting trivia fact - the two Andrew Lloyd Webber tunes were the ones I had the waiters at the Itlaian restaurant sing the night I proposed to her.Wink )
11-14-2002 12:15 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
did you include "anytime at all" by T-Bone Burnett? I love that song.

That song would be great. That is one of my favorites by him, that one and the country, tex-mex, self titled one! Big Grin

11-14-2002 16:58 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Here Comes The Bride

11-14-2002 18:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Wedding songs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH