Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » To make a short story long... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page To make a short story long...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Shemp
unregistered
To make a short story long... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sad but true story...

Just got back with my family from a long planned vacation to Arizona & Nevada. Purest that I am, I planned to play "A Vegas Story" in the car as we drove into Las Vegas. The rest of my family didn't want to listen to the song and proceeded to whine about stopping at a drive through.

I'm a compassionate stooge... I complied and slammed on the breaks and switched off the car stereo, stating in a most composed voice "FINE!" Mad ("Go ahead... ruin MY vacation" I thought)

The rest of the day was breathtaking as we strolled down the Strip to see all of the beautiful decadence. That evening we ended our trip and returned the car to the car rental lot (National). As we boarded the plane, I was struck with horror as I realized that I left my Lost Dogs CD in the rental car! Crying AAAARRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Please pray for that cd, that it may it fall into the right hands (especially in Vegas). And if by chance you arte in a rental car in Vegas and find my cd in the stereo, enjoy and leave it for the next person.

Happy ending:
When I got home I was able to find another Gift Horse in the store (last one as usual)

Any other storys of similar horror?
04-30-2002 18:22
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
Sad but true story...

Just got back with my family from a long planned vacation to Arizona & Nevada. Purest that I am, I planned to play "A Vegas Story" in the car as we drove into Las Vegas. The rest of my family didn't want to listen to the song and proceeded to whine about stopping at a drive through.

I'm a compassionate stooge... I complied and slammed on the breaks and switched off the car stereo, stating in a most composed voice "FINE!" Mad ("Go ahead... ruin MY vacation" I thought)

The rest of the day was breathtaking as we strolled down the Strip to see all of the beautiful decadence. That evening we ended our trip and returned the car to the car rental lot (National). As we boarded the plane, I was struck with horror as I realized that I left my Lost Dogs CD in the rental car! Crying AAAARRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Please pray for that cd, that it may it fall into the right hands (especially in Vegas). And if by chance you arte in a rental car in Vegas and find my cd in the stereo, enjoy and leave it for the next person.

Happy ending:
When I got home I was able to find another Gift Horse in the store (last one as usual)

Any other storys of similar horror?

wow... that's pretty bad...

I did loose a whole case of tapes (yes I had "tapes" in those days) I was cleaning out my car and left it on the sidewalk....
no fun...
all my favorites...

04-30-2002 18:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Loaned my brother my old DA albums.
Gone... foreverCrying
04-30-2002 18:28
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Gone... foreverCrying

ya... that just sounds like something bad waiting to happenFrown

04-30-2002 18:29 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Atarah Atarah is a female
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

never lend Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Gone... foreverCrying

never lend, unless you are willing to never see (hear it) again......i lend stuff all the time, just not stuff that's out of print Big Grin Big Grin
04-30-2002 18:34 Atarah is offline Send an Email to Atarah Search for Posts by Atarah Add Atarah to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Atarah
quote:
Gone... foreverCrying

never lend, unless you are willing to never see (hear it) again......i lend stuff all the time, just not stuff that's out of print Big Grin Big Grin

I will only loan out a cd-r copy of any DA o.o.p. stuff. It only makes sense. Big Grin

04-30-2002 18:44 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Shemp
unregistered

The sad thing is that whoever has those long lost albums will not appreciate their value
04-30-2002 18:56
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
The sad thing is that whoever has those long lost albums will not appreciate their value

You don't know that, maybe they got saved! OK, it's a longshot, but now you can replace them on cd. Smile Albums are cool to look at though, but suck to play. You can find many DA albums on vinyl pretty cheap on e-bay, maybe somebodys selling yours! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

04-30-2002 19:19 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
maybe somebodys selling yours! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

lol Big Grin

04-30-2002 20:37 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

lol Big Grin

I bet Shemps not lol'ing, but that was pretty funny, huh? Big Grin

05-01-2002 00:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Shemp
unregistered

2 true!
05-01-2002 07:15
jc
Luteous Llama

great minds.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Shemp-
I think we all have loaned-
but the biggest garumph for me
was when I got "saved"- I sold 250 records to the head shop
for 60 bucks- so me and a new C-buddy could go skiing.
Ya know- it was still worth it. I that was a great "clean" day.(though I regret doing it now and then)
I took the LD-s to Vegas last year...its only right! (though I did NOT leave mine in the rental car)
'P and Big L
JiMInY C
05-01-2002 07:51 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

lol Big Grin

I wish I knew who it was!!
Wink

05-01-2002 16:53 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Uncle Ralph
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-608.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2002
Location: "I intend to live forever - so far, so good." Steven Wright

my, my, my...

I got my copy of Bette Midler's Greatest hits
so I am set for life Smile
(gloating)

05-01-2002 17:40 Uncle Ralph is offline Send an Email to Uncle Ralph Search for Posts by Uncle Ralph Add Uncle Ralph to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:

I'll sell you mine!

of course I know and appreciate the value of them so the price will be pretty steep. but a REAL DA fan would pay almost anything for them.

Ok the floor is open for bids.

do I hear $100? $200?

????

I don't really want to sell them, but heck at $200 a piece I could part with them! Big Grin
BD

05-02-2002 00:04 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

quote:
quote:

I'll sell you mine!

of course I know and appreciate the value of them so the price will be pretty steep. but a REAL DA fan would pay almost anything for them.

Ok the floor is open for bids.

do I hear $100? $200?

????

I am a true fan... Actually I'm looking for cd's. I don't even have a turntable anymore. Turntable... whats that?

I don't really want to sell them, but heck at $200 a piece I could part with them! Big Grin
BD

05-02-2002 05:01
Ubique Epoque

ya and if they will not pay $200.00 then they don't really want them Confused

05-02-2002 16:32 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

They may want them, but they're not really a FAN!!! Evil

05-02-2002 16:38 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

maybe we should bring this up on the dadl again!
or... maybe not!
Wink

05-02-2002 17:08 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:
quote:

maybe we should bring this up on the dadl again!
or... maybe not!
Wink

yes please do!!
Wink

05-02-2002 17:32 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » To make a short story long...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH