Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Let's Talk dämb it » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (14): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Let's Talk dämb it
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

BD- you picked the perfect "word" from Thessalonians-
it has that spiritual stamp of approval.(I love to render!)
Kudos!

I'm sorry to say, but I don't remember who posted that verse here on the DAmb. I thought it fit perfect too.

Whoever suggested using that verse, Thank You! Cool

BD

It was me who suggested the Thess verse.

My disk hasn't arrived yet. But pacakages usually take about 2 weeks to get from USA to NZ. As it hasn't arrived yet so it should turn up next year some time. (it is 31/12/02 as I type)

It's double-oh-three so wheres our rocket packs?

Andrew

12-30-2002 21:20 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BD
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks CP!

I knew someone would remind me.

I know yours wont be there for a little while longer, I was just hoping... When I mailed it, the screen said 7 to 9 days, it's only been 5 days if you take out Christmas, and then you'll lose another day for New Years.Frown

BD
12-30-2002 22:06 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

The Eagle has landed! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, the package has reached southern LA today and I am totally floored by the work on this thing! Man, BD, the artwork and packaging are REALLY good! Who needs to listen? I was happy just lookin' at all the fine work that went into putting this thing on paper and plastic. Of course, knowing there's that much more lurking within those nice shiny discs urged me to give 'em a spin........and there's definitely a lot of good stuff there as well. I've only had a chance to make it through the first ten tracks so far but man, what a treat! There's definitely some talent on this list. I'm impressed with all you guys (& gals of course). Dolphin & Buffalo, I loved the dreamy quality of your song. That keyboard is just right. JiMinY, good job on Big Guns - I liked the feel of both your vocals and guitar - did you do that with filtering? Wes, as said earlier, you guys rock. Heck, everything was good! I liked the slide guitar, heard some fine soundin' box guitar playing, enjoyed the violin on Fortunate Sons.....can't wait to hear the rest.

And I can't say it enough, BD. Thanks for putting this all together. This is cool, man!

JB
12-30-2002 22:14 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

I just got it today, and I say tumbs way up! I only wish I could have done something for it... But what an excellent project it is... the artwork is wonderful, and although I haven't had a chance to listen to much of it yet, I really like it so far. Highlights (at this point): "Bibleland Suite," Carl's version of "God Went Bowling," Mark's rendition of "Wacky Fan Letter," and, of course, "the Tuxedo Clad Megastar" (which had me laughing like a madman)... a hearty "Well done!" to everyone involved...
12-30-2002 22:39 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

CD arrived today. Listening to disk two. In trance.

12-30-2002 22:55 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Very cool stuff. You guys are great. Big Dork is the coolest. I'll have more to say when I digest it all...

12-30-2002 22:57 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Carlctic
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 10-26-2002

I haven't got mine yet... but that doesn't surprise me.
12-30-2002 23:28 Carlctic is offline Send an Email to Carlctic Search for Posts by Carlctic Add Carlctic to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

You know you have somethin great when a hobbit gives anything other than a meal or a pipe a thumbs up!!
12-31-2002 00:43 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
You know you have somethin great when a hobbit gives anything other than a meal or a pipe a thumbs up!!

He actually gave you tumbs up. I'm not sure what that means since we've lost the language of Mordor.

12-31-2002 01:22 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
quote:
Originally posted by baxter

He actually gave you tumbs up. I'm not sure what that means since we've lost the language of Mordor.

what's a "tumb"?

12-31-2002 01:23 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I'm not sure....but Gamgee has them way up. I'm a little concerned.

12-31-2002 01:25 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

a thumb with its H deeply burried in an ingrown nail?

one of two characters in the horrendous movie about two mindless digits? (tumb and tumber)
12-31-2002 01:27 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
I'm not sure....but Gamgee has them way up. I'm a little concerned.

oh.

i understand your concern. Smile

12-31-2002 01:27 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Bowling Pin Bowling Pin is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 05-28-2002

Wow! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BD
there he sits, on the Fritz Roll Eyes

See? There's Steve Taylor again! That was the point of the song EXACTLY! Big Grin

12-31-2002 07:18 Bowling Pin is offline Send an Email to Bowling Pin Search for Posts by Bowling Pin Add Bowling Pin to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

WALTB Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

YOU post so little- I Loved All that remains
Your daughter has a beautiful voice- and your instrumentation is so sweet.
Love the pics too-you cow people!
Its pretty dang good eh?
What talent abounds among the disciples!
jimiNy Cricket

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-31-2002 07:41 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BD

quote:
Originally posted by Bowling Pin
quote:
Originally posted by BD
there he sits, on the Fritz Roll Eyes

See? There's Steve Taylor again! That was the point of the song EXACTLY! Big Grin

I knew that

Cool
12-31-2002 08:00 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

SEEMS TO ME.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

when we all get our DAMBits (rub rub-
it may be that we go song by song and pepper the author with ?? and insite-

EVERY tune is a great contribution here- it just seems to meld into one great smile for me...
started my morning here with a "strange day"...........(again)

the tympani made me shiver the first time- the interpretive style is a marv DW-I know I'd have probably felt different if it had been something else- but as I mentioned to BD- it seems the perfect opener for the world of DAMBit.

I know I said it b4-but ya gotta listen with a nice set of phones- the subtle strings come in so warmly on that tune....it just sounds great!-I love the closing turn on it.....
Kudos 2-DW DUNPHYS strange days!!!!!
(BD gets no 1 as we all know.....)
jiMiny

12-31-2002 08:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

You know... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
when we all get our DAMBits (rub rub- it may be that we go song by song and pepper the author with ?? and insite-

I've been thinkin' that myself, and've been chomping at the bit to start it up.... Now that I've got some confiMAtion, brother JimINy, I'll start stacking 'em all in the Song discussion pile.... we've got a quorum by now, and the others'll catch up.... Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
12-31-2002 08:42 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

MEET U THERE

12-31-2002 09:19 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Hey, we were doin' a 'Dogs tune. Had to have the hats! And thanks for the kind words. I'm just honored to be commemorating such talented people as well as to be included on a disc with such talented people. This is definitely making a number of my days.

JB

quote:
YOU post so little- I Loved All that remains
Your daughter has a beautiful voice- and your instrumentation is so sweet.
Love the pics too-you cow people!
Its pretty dang good eh?
What talent abounds among the disciples!
jimiNy Cricket
12-31-2002 10:37 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Pages (14): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Let's Talk dämb it

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH