Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Radio Play » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Radio Play
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

what do they play and how often do they play it?

I listened most of the day yesterday and didn't hear any DA, just a bunch of CCM crap and a few ok songs.

Frown

BD
01-11-2003 11:40 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Crying too bad! Crying

I thought there my must be some kind of DA station on the net!

01-11-2003 11:41 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Chicago Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I get so tired of what they spin in Chicago. We have four stations I can pick up that play Christian music:

90.1 WMBI Moody Bible Institute. That says it all.
89.7 "shine 89" . Sugar cane in cellophane.
106.7 "the fish" . Only plays "uplifting music for the Christian family". Yeah, we just want to hear the good stuff that tickles our ears.
104.7 WCFL . Slightly harder edge, but seldom where I want to go.

Too bad the market for Christian alternative on the radio is so small.

DA continues to play to a very faithful remnant.

01-11-2003 11:48 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
I get so tired of what they spin in Chicago. We have four stations I can pick up that play Christian music:

90.1 WMBI Moody Bible Institute. That says it all.
89.7 "shine 89" . Sugar cane in cellophane.
106.7 "the fish" . Only plays "uplifting music for the Christian family". Yeah, we just want to hear the good stuff that tickles our ears.
104.7 WCFL . Slightly harder edge, but seldom where I want to go.

Too bad the market for Christian alternative on the radio is so small.

DA continues to play to a very faithful remnant.

Too funny.
I went to Moody.

Patti and I talk of moving to Chicago in a few years or so.

01-11-2003 11:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

I Have never heard a DA tune on the radio... Confused

01-11-2003 13:14 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

DA should be played on ANY rock station, not just Christian stations.

01-11-2003 13:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Mark

amen !

p.s have a GooD WeekeND, I am done with work today
see ya MoN. or TueS.

01-11-2003 13:19 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Have a great weekend. See you.

01-11-2003 13:20 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

I play DA on my radio show "The Neverland Ballroom", which you can hear some old episodes on my website Greencouch Studios

I should be posting a new show tomorrow, as long as my father-in-law doesn't shut off my computer while it's recording. They've been staying with us for a month and are leaving tomorrow.

Listen to some old shows, it rocks. They're in Real Audio format Cool
01-11-2003 15:12 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
I Have never heard a DA tune on the radio... Confused

It has been many many years since I have heard any DA played.

I think the last TST tune I heard was "Dancing On Light" so you can tell how long ago that was.
Frown

BD
01-11-2003 16:05 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:

Amen and here here! Big Grin

01-11-2003 16:27 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Here Here and There There we want DA Everywhere!!

01-11-2003 16:30 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

So it is written.
So may it be done.
01-11-2003 17:50 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mark Mark is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:

Amen and here here! Big Grin

Besides, I'd listen to them on a regular station in between Radiohead and Pink Floyd, but I won't listen to a Christian station where I'd still have to hear C*rm*n and Sandy Patty.

01-11-2003 20:45 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i wouldn't want to hear Terry sandwiched between Eminem and Christina!
01-11-2003 20:49 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mark Mark is a male

I wouldn't either, but I don't listen to radio stations that play them.

01-11-2003 20:50 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
bdavis bdavis is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Thread Starter Thread Started by bdavis

[/QUOTE]
what do they play and how often do they play it?
[/QUOTE]
Ordinary Extraordinary Day is the only song listed for play or request. I have requested it twice so far and they played it within about 20 minutes. I was actually surprised and pleased because I have been requesting DA for a long time to a variety of stations that play alternative Christian rock and this is my first success. I have only listened to cmradio.net for about 45 minutes total so far, so I do not know what frequency DA is played without a request.

They do have a "suggest a song feature" and MDB is apparently an approved CD, so I guess it is time to suggest something. I will have to pull the Alarma Chronicles out of the SUV CD player and do a refresher listen to MBD to make a really good suggestion for a modern rock track. Any suggestions?
01-13-2003 17:57 bdavis is offline Send an Email to bdavis Search for Posts by bdavis Add bdavis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
i wouldn't want to hear Terry sandwiched between Eminem and Christina!

well, that would be better than between Car(t)man and Plus One.... I've never heard a "Christian" radio station that didn't make me want to puke!

01-13-2003 18:06 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

I'm there with ya, bud...

01-13-2003 18:31 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

too true....too true....

01-13-2003 18:33 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Radio Play

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH