Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Official Auction from Terry Taylor » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 9 10 [11] 12 13 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Official Auction from Terry Taylor
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I kinda look at it as these were songs that didn't make the cut for MBD...... If I could get a copy of it for $25 bucks or less I would, but $850 or even a third of that? No way.... Well, if I had that kind of money to spare, maybe.... but I don't..... Crying

02-08-2003 11:11 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Tyler Durden
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So Townsends...

What is next on the agenda??
02-08-2003 11:32 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by mprinsen

I don't like being a pig and hogging the tapes to myself, but I don't want to be a moron and decrease their value to myself and other partners and disappoint Terry either!

You better keep these tapes to yourselves!Mad

as much as I'd like to hear them...it should be easier to keep them from getting out of control with only 3 people. Cool

We had 27 in our group and some of us said we would put in alot more than $25.

But back to the point, the three of you should keep this stuff under wraps, cus once it hits the bootleg trail, there is no stopping it! I'm glad that less people got the tapes if only to keep them safe from trading. Smile

BD
02-08-2003 11:43 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

My position on bootlegs:

1. How many people outside the damb/dadl would really be interested in three cds/three hours of the band noodling in the studio?

2. Bootlegs only hurt the band if it is normally merchandised items.

3. If I won, I planned on making copies for members of this group. It was going to be nice to offer something unique to BD in exchange for a cool dvd of the band in concert.

4. Bootlegs of something of this nature would be very very cool to uber geek fans like ourselves. It would be great if the entire world apprieciated the greatest band of all time but not all are as developed intellectually as we are.
02-08-2003 13:36 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

5. I would honor Terry's wishes for the tapes to be limited access. If something is stated to be limited, then so be it. I am happy to see such cool stuff being offered for sale.
02-08-2003 13:39 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

[QUOTE]Parts Originally posted by mprinsen. Other Parts by wes berlin

That kind of happened this time, except with everybody kicking in $25, it was obvious that the consortium wasn't going to win the tapes and some bootlegger would end up with them which would be the ultimate bummer.....so..... what to do except find some partners who felt the same way and buy the tapes.

-except that the "consortium" (which you were a part of) would have won....and the third highest bidder has contacted j&e about helping in future releases. so, i have a hard time with your statement.

The only real snag is Terry's desire not to have the recordings become widely distrubuted.... I don't know how that could be controlled in an auction setting.

- it all comes down to what the definition of "widely" distributed is. does that mean more than one? does it mean 10? 30? 50? i agree that it is hard in a format like ebay, and i was shocked that this type of item was on ebay.

02-08-2003 14:33 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

my thoughts are once again in agreement with wes's thoughts.

02-08-2003 22:09 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
my thoughts are once again in agreement with wes's thoughts.

you're such a suck up!

Wink Tongue
02-09-2003 00:14 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Smile

02-09-2003 00:25 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Let me just add a couple of thoughts to this...

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
My position on bootlegs:

1. How many people outside the damb/dadl would really be interested in three cds/three hours of the band noodling in the studio?

Plenty. It's incredible bootleg and/or trading material. THere are people out there with dozens of DA bootlegs on their trade lists, not because they care about them the slightest bit, but because they know a lot of people that they're trading with would want them. Likewise, there are people with bootleg "CDR mastering" pages selling DA albums and live tapes on CDR not because they care about the band, but because they know they can make money off of them.

quote:

2. Bootlegs only hurt the band if it is normally merchandised items.

True, in general. But in this case, it's a matter of Terry not wanting these tapes to be heard by people that are not already fans. It's not presenting the band in the best light - it's rough recordings of songs that are not even finished yet. You don't want people to be exposed to the band for the first time with these tapes.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-09-2003 11:46 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Raise your hand if you saw this sort of discussion/argumentation coming.

My hands up.

02-09-2003 18:07 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

my hand can't get any higher.

02-09-2003 18:08 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Raise your hand if you saw this sort of discussion/argumentation coming.

My hands up.

Not arguing anything. Just clarifying what the original concerns were about.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-09-2003 19:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Not arguing that you are arguing, just noticing that our once happy family has become so disfunctional. I want it, "I deserve better" I've served them yeah these 14 years and all I got was this lousy tshirt, and Leah. I'm sure we'll get over it.

02-10-2003 15:46 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

?
02-10-2003 16:19 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I don't get it either BD.

Look, I would not share the tapes with anyone if I had paid over $800.00.
I have gotten lots of cool stuff from the "Da Family" here, but I would lock those tapes up in a safety deposit box.
Smile )

02-10-2003 16:31 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
I don't get it either BD.

Look, I would not share the tapes with anyone if I had paid over $800.00.
I have gotten lots of cool stuff from the "Da Family" here, but I would lock those tapes up in a safety deposit box.
Smile )

and I would have to rob you then.... Tongue

02-10-2003 16:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

I would have to rob you as well! Tongue

02-10-2003 16:40 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by mprinsen
2. But, since I'm shelling out some major money and having to liquidate part of my DADL collection to pay for these tapes

what do you have for $aLe ? & how much & do not forget to invite me over to listen to the tapes... well, it's just a thought... you really don't have to.

02-10-2003 16:43 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Tongue

02-10-2003 16:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 9 10 [11] 12 13 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Official Auction from Terry Taylor

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH