Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Official Auction from Terry Taylor » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 10 11 [12] 13 14 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Official Auction from Terry Taylor
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
I don't get it either BD.

Oh well.

02-10-2003 16:50 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

People don't get me a lot of the time either, so I really can't talk! Tongue

02-10-2003 16:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
People don't get me a lot of the time either, so I really can't talk! Tongue

I don't get it

02-10-2003 16:52 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Hey, its working, we're back to normal ag'in. We don't understand each other but at least we're only making fun, not wallowing in our poverty! Of whom I am chief. Woe is me. Wallow,wallow.

02-10-2003 16:56 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ubique Epoque

what?

I don't get you either! Tongue

02-10-2003 16:56 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Hey, its working, we're back to normal ag'in. We don't understand each other but at least we're only making fun, not wallowing in our poverty! Of whom I am chief. Woe is me. Wallow,wallow.

I wish I had money to blow on really cool rare stuff! Crying

I can't even blow $50.00 on dfbb, that does not seem like so much anymore! Crying

02-10-2003 16:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

WoW interesting thoughts on this thread... so Here is my 2 cents worth...

with Terry's blessing & the tape owners willingness.

If there are say 3-4 DEMO quality good NEW songs and 2-4 DEMO quality MBD songs on the tapes ? put together a limited edition CD of 5-8 songs & either limit it to 100-500 CD's or do a pre-order and do an exact amount Run of CD-R's ?

then split the profits between the tape owners & Terry.

yes, the Value of the tape's may be diminished so the tape owner's would have to weigh it all out & determine if it would make sence to do it?

and Terry would have to determine which content would be "GooD" enough... if any?

this would make available some of the content of the tapes to other fans but keep the integrity of the tapes & the ebay action intact.

...well maybe only 1 cent worth Confused

02-10-2003 17:00 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Tyler Durden

How to justify $50 on DFBB.

Did you purchase the Avocado Club releases?
If yes, continue

The second release had two songs. The cost of the club is $20, or $10 per release. Each song on AC costs $5

Darn Floor Big Bite has 10 songs. If you were to spend $50, then you are spending $5 per song. Not just demo songs, but classic DA songs.

You must understand that I am the king of justification when purchasing DA stuff. Of coarse, I only take my wife out places that have coupons. (For every free meal= a new Terry/DA release. The more I take my wife out, the more I save for new cds)

I am taking her out this week so that I can save enough for AC Year #2.
02-10-2003 18:30 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Big Grin L O L Big Grin GooD Idea's... Big Grin

02-11-2003 08:13 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
ScratchMonkey
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-11-2003

"...yes, the Value of the tape's may be diminished so the tape owner's would have to weigh it all out..."

I'm not sure what you're saying with "value of the tapes". Three people own 2 tapes and there are already complications -- like what happens if someone wants to cash out and the other two just don't have $135 each with nothing to do. And even if these recordings are not "diluted" and all three owners want to sell, I'm not sure many other people are going to be paying more than $825 for the tapes (unless Terry starts cultivating a richer fan base).

"...and Terry would have to determine which content would be "GooD" enough... if any?"

According to my understanding this was determined already.

"...this would make available some of the content of the tapes to other fans but keep the integrity of the tapes & the ebay action intact."

The Townsends said that a few songs will be released on an EP. Presumably that will have TST's approval. It seems to me that this is it for the recordings on these tapes. Creating some kind of special release of 500 CDs or whatever flies in the face of the intention of this auction. If it had been desired to create a limited edition product, it could have been done, but it was not. The Townsends explained that these were extremely personal recordings from Terry Taylor and really not appropriate to be made into CDs and sold. So, eBay was used as an alternative.

02-11-2003 13:47 ScratchMonkey is offline Send an Email to ScratchMonkey Search for Posts by ScratchMonkey Add ScratchMonkey to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden

If yes, continue

The second release had two songs. The cost of the club is $20, or $10 per release. Each song on AC costs $5

Darn Floor Big Bite has 10 songs. If you were to spend $50, then you are spending $5 per song. Not just demo songs, but classic DA songs.

If the money went to DA, then I might buy that logic....
but I'm holding onto my 15 yr old cassette and my
cd-r until the re-issue.... Big Grin

02-11-2003 14:04 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

just thinking Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Experience the making of the album that has been called "one of the best alternative-pop albums of 2001" (The Encyclopedia of Contemporary Christian Music), and DA's "best work yet" (The Phantom Tollbooth). These rare recordings will not be available in their entirety elsewhere. If you win this auction, you alone will own this incredible collection, which will make you the envy of DA fans everywhere.

Are we all perhaps missing something here. If you read the ebay listing closely...it is specified that these rare recordings will not be available in their entirety elsewhere. Could that mean that they will be available in a multi-disc set with only the best material represented. Possibly manufactured by the Audiori's? I for one would embrace a best of edited version the MBD boxed set. They could call it, Only the Daydreams .

Am I reading too much into the original ebay listing?

-Jolly
02-11-2003 14:18 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

no, I do not think you are reading to much into it, I think you are right... I hope your right too.

02-11-2003 14:34 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
The Townsends said that a few songs will be released on an EP. Presumably that will have TST's approval.

CooL, I guess that would be enough for me. Smile

02-11-2003 14:35 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
ScratchMonkey
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-11-2003

"... Are we all perhaps missing something here. If you read the ebay listing closely...it is specified that these rare recordings will not be available in their entirety elsewhere."

No, I noticed that when it was on the auction block.

"... Could that mean that they will be available in a multi-disc set with only the best material represented."

Morally, I don't know how this is possible. If you had paid some ridiculous amount of money for 3 hours of music, how would you like it if two of those hours became available for a much more reasonable price in a nice little package? I think I know how I would feel. And it would certainly put a damper on subsequent one-of-a-kind recordings sold on eBay.

Don't get your hopes up. Expect to hear, perhaps, three cuts from these tapes. If the EP has more, then it will be that much more of a surprise. I think if you're hoping for a substantial package, you will only be disappointed. People seem to be desperately trying to figure out a way they can hear a large body of these recordings. I don't think it's there unless one of those who paid wishes to make a copy for you. I don't mean to be a stormcrow on the subject but this is kind of where it stands.
02-11-2003 15:05 ScratchMonkey is offline Send an Email to ScratchMonkey Search for Posts by ScratchMonkey Add ScratchMonkey to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Hmmmm.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
I don't mean to be a stormcrow on the subject but this is kind of where it stands.

Cool word.... stormcrow.... actually, "scratchmonkey"'s pretty good too....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-11-2003 15:12 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ubique Epoque

quote:

If yes, continue

uh... no. Wink

02-11-2003 15:21 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Yeah, we'd like to make at least a few songs (maybe a couple of demos and a couple of studio roughs) available on an EP for the Avocado Club. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I think it'd be a nice thing for club members. (We don't have Terry's approval to do this yet, but I think we could find a few tracks he'd be willing to use for this).

You're also likely hear a little of these recordings as part of the sounddtrack for the making of DVD. That however will probably be limited to "fragments" and not entire songs.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-11-2003 16:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

peace be with you scratchmonkey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
People seem to be desperately trying to figure out a way they can hear a large body of these recordings.

Actually, I think it is funny...and somewhat sad how stridently people are discussing this. Scratchmonkey seems to be a bit upset. I'm sorry if my comments upset you Scratchmonkey, may God's grace go with you.

I'd probably buy something if it were available from the Audiori's. After all, I do own Sacred Cows and Meat the Farmbeetles which should say something about my lack of shame when buying Terry related product.

I certainly wouldn't have paid even a third of the $825 price that was paid for it. In fact I wouldn't have gone over $30. Does that mean I'm not a real fan?...probably so.

The EP Audiori is suggesting and the DVD will be plenty...and a whole lot cheaper.

-Jolly
02-11-2003 17:29 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:

If yes, continue

You must understand that I am the king of justification when purchasing DA stuff. Of coarse, I only take my wife out places that have coupons. (For every free meal= a new Terry/DA release. The more I take my wife out, the more I save for new cds)

I am taking her out this week so that I can save enough for AC Year #2.

LOL Big Grin

This is hilarious.

02-11-2003 18:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 10 11 [12] 13 14 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Official Auction from Terry Taylor

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH