Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Damb Letter for Terry » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Damb Letter for Terry
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

A Damb Letter for Terry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear Terry and the rest of DA and The Swirling Eddies,
(and in this case, The Lost Dogs)

Before you go “Oh no, another Wacky Fan Letter!” please let us explain.
The strange looking CD that could resemble Kalhoun on drugs is really a sincere effort from some of your other Wacky Fans, who have lots to say about your music.

We are all members of the Daniel Amos Message Board (DAMB for short), and have compiled some of our favorite songs by you. (The only common denominator is that Terry was involved in at least the writing of every song.) We called it the DAMB Fan album, or DAMBit. It was a bit of a break from our daily routine, and for all of us, the result was boatloads of fun.

This idea started about 4 months ago. We are pretty sure one particular “Big Dork” was involved in putting it all together, polishing up the artwork and content. It grew to contain some 35 songs by nearly 30 different “artists”. We all chose to use that term loosely, as just one listen may reveal. We made it for each other, but thought it only fitting that you at least see the level we enjoy when it comes to your music.

There were really no rules for submitting a song, and they run the gamut of style and quality. Some are parody, some are loose, and some are very interpretive. A few were recorded by simply singing into a tape recorder, while many of them are studio quality.

There are also some very beautiful and serious moments, like a father and daughter singing “In the Calling”, bringing your music to another generation of young people to enjoy. Songs like the Bibleland Suite had us all thinking, “Wow - Where did that come from?”

The opening song, Strange Days, leaves us with the same feeling when we first heard the Eddies do it, thanking God for our commitment to Him, and in awe of all that life has to offer.

So we offer this little compilation of favorites and dedicate it to “The band that won’t go away”
-with thankfulness for the way you’ve shared your talent with us fans.

Finally, does the Daniel Amos Message Board have a specific purpose, mission or goals as a group? And if so, what are they?

Sincerely and In Christ, (and we DO mean that!)

Your friends on the Daniel Amos Message Board
( The DAMBers )
01/11/03
01-22-2003 23:38 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by BD
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As I said in another post, I did not write this. But it is the letter that was sent to Terry with his copies of dämb it. I have not heard back from Terry or anyone from the Band, but JT was pleased with our efforts. Smile )

BD
01-22-2003 23:42 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very cool, BD. Who wrote it?

01-22-2003 23:55 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

A Damber...

Pleased

01-22-2003 23:57 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Very nice.

01-23-2003 02:53 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Solid, Bruthah! Tongue

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
01-23-2003 05:51 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....although I feel compelled to note that "Strange Days" -- neither the original nor Dunphy's -- leaves me "thanking God for our commitment to Him, and in awe of all that life has to offer." Quite the opposite -- I find myself chastising myself for NOT living up to my commitment and for not appreciating all He DOES have to offer in this life....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
01-23-2003 07:43 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

This is a great letter. We really do love Terry's music! I'm still interested to hear what he has to say. Maybe he'll post something here. It has been quite awhile you know...

01-23-2003 08:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

CARL- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wondered about that part too-
guess folks get somethin different from lyrics than others

JIminY

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-23-2003 08:37 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Has Terry heard Damb It yet?

02-04-2003 16:33 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Confused

I still haven't heard anything back yet...

BD
02-04-2003 17:12 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I can't wait to hear something.

02-04-2003 18:42 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Oh where oh where has Terry T gone.

Oh where oh where can he be?

02-05-2003 00:20 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

I wonder if Terry will send BD a thank you card or a restaining order ...

02-05-2003 15:29 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

oh stu....
02-05-2003 16:01 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Yes?

02-05-2003 16:05 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
Oh where oh where has Terry T gone.

Oh where oh where can he be?

Nashville. (According to the concerts listing.)Cool
02-05-2003 17:57 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Hmmm

02-05-2003 17:59 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Confused

02-05-2003 19:06 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Mark Mark is a male

Still waiting...

02-05-2003 21:20 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Damb Letter for Terry

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH