Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Nazarene Crying Towel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nazarene Crying Towel
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
I wonder how much unreleased Gene stuff is out there. I mean - he had the studio and everything. How much Gene is there on tape and does anybody have the rights to release it?

there must be some unreleased Gene stuff out there,
I seem to think from what I have read etc. that Gene
spent alot of time at the Green room studio...?

Maybe there are just vocals and the Dogs could add music like the Beatles did with Free As A Bird.

01-29-2003 08:39 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Author,

So which songs did you pick for your Lost Dogs Favorite CD?

Mark,

I brought my CD-Rs in today to the office. This is what I picked:

My Favorite Little Doggies (Vol. 1)

Scenic Routes
Bullet Train
The Fortunate Sons
Amber Waves Goodbye
Old and Lonesome
Why is the Devil Red?
Smokescreen
Hard Times Come Again No More
Breathe Deep
Imagine That
Dunce Cap
Eleanor, It's Raing Now (Little Red Riding Hood)
I'm a Loser
Pray Where You Are
The Good Ship Lollipop
Love Takes Over the World
Close but no Cigar
All that Remains
If it be Your Will
Mexico
I Don't Love You

My Favorite Little Doggies (Vol. 2)

Ghost Train
A Vegas Story
If You Loved Here You'd Be Home By Now
A Blessing in Disguise
Loved and Forgiven
Ditto
The Wall of Heaven
A Certain Love
The Gates of Eden
Real Men Cry
The Great Divide
The Mark of Cain
Golden Dreams
No Shadow of Turning
With Me Tonight (from Making God Smile)
Lord, Protect My Child (from Green Room Serenade Part Tour)

That's what I put on there!! Volume One is nearly 80 minutes long!! Volume 2 is only an hour. But two hours and twenty minutes of Lost Dogs tunes are great to have neatly packaged!

-- aotp
01-30-2003 11:49 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

That's really cool. As I scrolled down I only saw songs from the first 3 CD's, and I thought what about the rest? Then I scrolled further and saw you had it covered. I knew you wouldn't let us down. Those CD's are great. Thanks for sharing.

01-30-2003 12:18 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Speaking of Gene, one of my favorite songs he sings is Waiting For You To Come Around from the Green Room Serenade.

Waiting For You To Come Around
from the album "Green Room Serenade, Part One"
(Derri Daugherty and Gene Eugene)
Sung by Derri and Gene?
We were so brave
We never feared
We were so close
We were so dear
Who could've thought
How far we'd drift
I'm trying to think of how that
I can let you know how much you're missed

And if you need a friend
Someone you can spend some time on
And if you're gonna call anytime at all
It's fine
And if you have some doubt about it
Forget about that now
I will wait for you to come around

We drive all night
In that beat up car
I'd watch the road
You'd watch the stars
Here's my bright idea
To write this note
So count this as the first move
Forgive the lump that's in my throat

So if you need a friend
And if you wanna call anytime at all
It's fine
Now if you still have doubts about it
Forget about them now

You're not one to ask for kindness
From a stranger
You've always been so lonely
In a crowd
And I don't care if it's sooner
Or if it's later
You can find me waiting
Waiting for you to come around

Na na na na na na

When times are tough
They make us cry
We've lost some friends
And we don't know why
Some pass away
Some grow apart
And though I haven't seen you lately
You still own my heart

So if you need a friend
And if you wanna call anytime at all
It's fine
And if you have some doubts about it
Completely erase them now

(C)1996 by Lost Dogs

01-30-2003 12:21 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Theophilus
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 12-12-2002

Yes, that is a very nice song. Smile

It makes me want to call up a long-time friend of mine and go have coffee with him.

Smile
01-30-2003 12:27 Theophilus is offline Send an Email to Theophilus Search for Posts by Theophilus Add Theophilus to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

or perhaps some Chinese food?

01-30-2003 12:29 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Asherman Asherman is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

amongst Nurse's Aides and magazines.

01-31-2003 19:01 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Now I'm tied up
And I'm busy
I'm busy
01-31-2003 19:07 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Asherman Asherman is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

Big Grin

Good to see ya again BD. Pleased

01-31-2003 19:16 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

from what I was told.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
I wonder how much unreleased Gene stuff is out there. I mean - he had the studio and everything. How much Gene is there on tape and does anybody have the rights to release it?

Well...and this was all told to me by Greg Lawless last May when I was putting together the "10 Songs" re-release:

Apparently there really isn't unreleased Gene stuff lying around. After Gene's passing the masters Gene had at the Green Room were listened to, and they really didn't come up with anything new. However, sometime last year I remember getting a mass email from the Edan-Z films people that said they had come across some video footage of the Dig recording sessions with some unreleased live music on it...so there is that. Plus, at one point Gene's girlfiend was posting a lot on the Adam Again list that Gene had recorded a tape of him singing some of his favorite songs for her...if I remember correctly they were his favorite Leonard Cohen songs. But that seems really personal and I wouldn't want that released if I were Gene. Beyond that though..who knows? I do know that the reason that "10 Songs" didn't have any additional demos or unreleased songs (besides the hidden re-recorded "Tenth Song") was that Greg said when the band recorded an album, what you had on your tape or cd was what they had actually recorded, no more or less. Which I suppose sort of shoots an Adam Again box set in the foot. I also asked Greg about the fabled "Guadalupe" record, and he said they never recorded a note.

Anyway thats all I know. There are surely people closer to Gene that might be able to shed more light on this, and maybe even contradict what I've said with news of "found rcordings" or whatever. I hope that is so. Maybe the other Dogs have some stuff in their archives? Beats me. It would be great if they did.

jeffrey k.

02-04-2003 05:14 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Hey Jeffrey, thanks for the inside scoop on AA and Gene.

BD

quote:
Originally posted by Asherman
Big Grin

Good to see ya again BD. Pleased

thanks ED (I missed this before)
02-04-2003 08:43 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k. Well...and this was all told to me by Greg Lawless last May when I was putting together the "10 Songs" re-release:

Apparently there really isn't unreleased Gene stuff lying around..................................................................I also asked Greg about the fabled "Guadalupe" record, and he said they never recorded a note.

Anyway thats all I know. There are surely people closer to Gene that might be able to shed more light on this, and maybe even contradict what I've said with news of "found rcordings" or whatever. I hope that is so. Maybe the other Dogs have some stuff in their archives? Beats me. It would be great if they did.

jeffrey k.

Thanks for your info

02-04-2003 10:01 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

There are still the Mothman songs with Terry and Gene out there. There has been mention of releasing those songs.

02-04-2003 11:44 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

weird

02-04-2003 13:07 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

to get back on topic...

I've got a song from Nazarene Crying Towel up on my website this month. So have at it boys and girls.

BD
02-04-2003 13:42 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Yeahyeah.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....but is it any GOOD??? Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-04-2003 13:44 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
There are still the Mothman songs with Terry and Gene out there. There has been mention of releasing those songs.

I would guess there may also be anything from the lost Green Room Seranade part 2. They said they had partly done songs for that.

02-04-2003 14:13 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by carl
....but is it any GOOD??? Tongue

Yes!!!

Come Down Here is on the Cheapskate CD also. When the Dogs came through Phoenix they Played several songs from the new album, and they all sounded good. I should find them and put up MP3s for you. maybe next week if I have time. Smile

BD
02-04-2003 15:11 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Thanks Jeffrey

02-04-2003 16:36 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

new Dogs. Just too good.

02-05-2003 00:18 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Nazarene Crying Towel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH