Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "Official" bootlegs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "Official" bootlegs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

"Official" bootlegs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There's nothing wrong with "official" bootlegs when the quality is good. We already have a DA bootleg from '82.
("Live bootleg - D. The surf suite is great..... but the recording quality is too poor to get this album over the hump") Pretty unfair assessment by Mr. "guy in Dallas Texas" if you ask me.

I could use a CD version of the '82 bootleg. Regardless, twenty years is a long time!

How 'bout DA/LD/TST approving and making some money from a few of the newer bootlegs, esp. the higher quality ones?

01-28-2003 12:09 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any possibilities of setting up something like you have for Mike and the 77's?

http://www.michaelroe.com/store/bootlegs.html
01-28-2003 13:14 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bootleg 82 and Preachers From Outer Space were both great live cds. THey are both highter quality than the m8 cornerstone releases that were done 20 years later.

Mike Roe did a great job with the lost dog part tour cd. Terry's voice is in top form there.

Random question: How do people with anarchy stickers on their vehicles justify complaining to the police if somebody breaks into their car?
01-28-2003 14:37 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

82 bootleg Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
There's nothing wrong with "official" bootlegs when the quality is good. We already have a DA bootleg from '82.
("Live bootleg - D. The surf suite is great..... but the recording quality is too poor to get this album over the hump") Pretty unfair assessment by Mr. "guy in Dallas Texas" if you ask me.

I could use a CD version of the '82 bootleg. Regardless, twenty years is a long time!

How 'bout DA/LD/TST approving and making some money from a few of the newer bootlegs, esp. the higher quality ones?

I have a complete version of this concert, it's a 2 disc version that was one of those "DA Approved" bootlegs that were sold at Disc and Dat. The full show, to my ears, is better than the official version...I like it more anyway. If more than 10 people would buy it I'd be up for a re-release someday.

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

01-28-2003 16:48 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

it's a pretty common bootleg trade.. I have 2 of them actually... Big Grin

01-28-2003 16:49 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

you can send one to me then Big Grin

01-28-2003 16:52 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Luteous Llama

yeah.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Yeah..thats why an "official" re-release would probably not sell real well for the band or the label that put it out. I imagine a lot of folks have it on cd-r.

jeffrey k.

01-28-2003 16:54 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
quote:

you can send one to me then Big Grin

ok.... pm me your snail mail address... couldn't be that much to send a cd-r to NZ, could it? Smile

01-28-2003 16:54 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

[/QUOTE]

I have a complete version of this concert, it's a 2 disc version that was one of those "DA Approved" bootlegs that were sold at Disc and Dat. The full show, to my ears, is better than the official version...I like it more anyway. If more than 10 people would buy it I'd be up for a re-release someday.

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

[/QUOTE]

Hey, I would definately buy that. I think there are probably enopugh of us [i.e. 10 at least] to warrent an official re-release. Keep us posted. Again, I am VERY interested.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
01-28-2003 19:43 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I would buy one.

01-28-2003 23:27 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

me too!

01-28-2003 23:53 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

so how many more songs are there?

I have the one with "new car" and "I didn't build it for me" and a whole lot more taking by terry. what is the set list?

I would buy one I think.

01-29-2003 16:11 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I would certainly buy one.

-greg simons

01-29-2003 16:51 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

me too... did I already say that?

01-29-2003 19:20 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

[/QUOTE]

so how many more songs are there?

I have the one with "new car" and "I didn't build it for me" and a whole lot more taking by terry. what is the set list?

I would buy one I think.
[/QUOTE]

The set list is as follows:

1. I Love You #19
2. I’m On Your Team
3. Faces To The Window
4. Mall All Over The World
5. Everyone’s Fallen Down
6. Baby Game
7. Love Has Open Arms
8. Intro (Talk)
9. Surf Suite
10. Alarma
11. Hit Them (With Love)
12. Hound Of Heaven
13. Through The Speakers
14. Ghost Of The Heart
15. Big Time/Big Deal
16. I Didn’t Build It For Me
17. New Car
18. Walls Of Doubt
19. I Love You #19 (Reprise)

This version is the original mix without the looped crowd noise. Originally taped off the board to eight track and mixed down to two track stereo..according to the disc and dat site.

jeffrey k.

01-29-2003 23:42 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Yeah, I would absolutely, definately, postively, unquestionably (and any other adverbs you can think of) buy that! But I've already said this before.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
01-30-2003 09:58 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

I would buy one.

El
01-30-2003 10:00 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

meeee too!
01-30-2003 10:17 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

So would I, though I already have bootlegs of the whole show.

01-30-2003 12:30 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

maybe... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know a few people would probably buy the cd, but doing a re-release like this, and doing it really well would co$t and if I were given the permission to press 500 or 1000 and only 200 sell (which has been the case on some of the lo-fi stuff), well...needless to say it would be rough for the label. I hate that sometimes things are about money, but as much as I'd like to see lots of things back in print, it doesn't always make sense to do it.

I'd much rather be a part of some new "found" DA show from the Kalhoun or Motorcycle records...if any recordings even exist...something where people haven't traded the shows on CD-R over and over.

At this point though, I have NO idea if Terry would even want something like any of what we are discussing released, or re-released...etc. So it's all just dreaming...spitballing! Plus I have the Lost Dogs DVD to finish and put out this Spring.

enough from me...

jeffrey k.

01-31-2003 00:51 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "Official" bootlegs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH