Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Farm Beetles on local radio » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Farm Beetles on local radio
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2003

Farm Beetles on local radio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where I live (the St. Louis area) we have a pretty cool talk radio station called KTRS. A guy by the name of Paul Harris hosts a show during the mid-day time slot, and everyday at 1:00 pm he holds a trivia contest called the Harris Challenge where players try to win prizes. If a given contestant fails to score more than 6 points, he "punishes" them by playing some piece of wretched music.

Now, I love all of the work Terry Taylor & Co. has produced over the years, but even the most stout-hearty of us must admit that the Farm Beetles is some pretty punishing material. Thus, I recently sent Paul a CD of some new "punishment music" featuring cover versions of songs from artists on the fringes of CCM. Last week it was Breakfast With Amy, this week it's the Farm Beetles...and don't be surprised if the Swirling Eddies rancid version of "Baby Baby" shows up sometime in the near future!

Anyway, being the anal retentive archivist I am, I have started an online archive of Paul's use of these punishment songs. So for those of you who may be interested in hearing these segments, point your browser to my Yahoo Briefcase...

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/syncdude@swbell.net

Once there you'll see two Public folders...one marked BWA (Breakfast With Amy) and the other FB (Farm Beetles). Simply click on the folder you want and you'll see downloadable MP3 files. You'll need to *right click* and choose the "save file as" option to download them to your computer. Each file is about 4MB in size and runs about 7 minutes in length.

Enjoy and remember...it's all in the name of FUN!!!

Space

P.S. By the way, on one of the Amy files, you get to hear your's truly get punished!

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Change the passage of light
Gravity and distance
Change the color of right

02-18-2003 16:05 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Space Ghost (Coast to Coast),

You're in the St. Louis area?!?! Where? I live in St. Louis. Just wondering.

-- aotp
02-19-2003 10:33 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Space Ghost
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 02-07-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Space Ghost
Re: Farm Beetles on local radio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
You're in the St. Louis area?!?! Where? I live in St. Louis. Just wondering.

I've lived in various St. Louis locales throughout my life, and currently reside in St. Charles County.

By the way, if you or anyone else in the St. Louis area (Townshends?) wish to hear the use of the Farm Beetles material 'live' on KTRS, tune to 550 on your AM dial a few minutes after 1:00 pm during the week. If you can't do that, feel free to listen to the archived files at the website mentioned in my previous post.

Makes the color of right

Gravity and distance
Change the passage of light
Gravity and distance
Change the color of right

02-19-2003 22:33 Space Ghost is offline Send an Email to Space Ghost Search for Posts by Space Ghost Add Space Ghost to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Space Ghost is the thing I miss most about cable TV.

02-20-2003 12:32 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Farm Beetles on local radio

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH