Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Well, THIS oughta stir the pot....
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... carl 05-09-2002 11:21
 impossible jc 05-09-2002 12:29
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... Dr Rich 05-09-2002 17:04
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... Gamgee 05-09-2002 18:47
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... Dr Rich 05-09-2002 19:46
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... Gamgee 05-12-2002 18:02
 Wacky fan letter John Foxe 05-12-2002 19:20
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... Dr Rich 05-14-2002 21:51
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... BigDork 05-14-2002 21:51
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... Gamgee 05-14-2002 22:55
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... Dr Rich 05-15-2002 18:22
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... Gamgee 05-15-2002 18:33
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... Dr Rich 05-15-2002 21:27
 RE: Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... BigDork 05-15-2002 23:07

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Well, THIS oughta stir the pot.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In more or less correct order (perhaps longer thought would tweak a few), here're my favorite TST-related albums, starting from the top.... have AT it, boys & girls....

1) Zoom Daddy
2) MotorCycle
3) Outdoor Elvis
4) Mr. Buechner’s Dream
5) Little Red Riding Hood
6) Doppelganger
7) Fearful Symmetry
Cool Vox Humana
9) Darn Floor Big Bite
10) Scenic Routes
11) Gift Horse
12) Alarma!
13) Songs of the Heart
14) Imaginarium
15) John Wayne
16) Let’s Spin
17) Kalhoun
1Cool BibleLand
19) Shotgun Angel
20) Knowledge & Innocence
21) Sacred Cows
22) Green Room Serenade
23) Briefing for the Ascent
24) Real Men Cry
25) Avocado Faultline
26) Daniel Amos (1st album)
27) Horrendous Disk

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-09-2002 11:21 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

impossible Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Carl and all
I could not concieve of rating this or any other of my collection. I'm way too moody- but I would agree with the general direction of your list----
though HD would climb MUCH higher, and AF (having seen it done "live")...see what I mean?
JiMinY
05-09-2002 12:29 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jc
Carl and all
I could not concieve of rating this or any other of my collection. I'm way too moody- but I would agree with the general direction of your list----
though HD would climb MUCH higher, and AF (having seen it done "live")...see what I mean?
JiMinY

ya... I like differnt things for differnt reasons... it depends on what I want to hear at the time! Wink

05-09-2002 17:04 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A bold move, rating like that. I'd do that, but the order would change at least four times a week (although MBD, Zoom Daddy, GRS, and Alarma would always top the list).
05-09-2002 18:47 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

so what's all this talk about pot?

05-09-2002 19:46 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I don't think I could possibly ever rank the albums in order, but I will rank them like this (note: there is no meaning to the order in each grade). I haven't ranked any "best of" or live albums.

A+
MBD, Zoom Daddy, Green Room Serenade, Alarma, Motorcycle, Doppleganger, Horrendous Disk.

A
Songs of the Heart, Vox Humana, John Wayne, Kalhoun

A-
Fearful Symmetry

B+
Sacred Cows

B
Bibleland

Funny, ain't it, how the number in each grade gets smaller as it goes down. Just shows how good all TST stuff is.
05-12-2002 18:02 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Wacky fan letter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, this thread reminds one a little of the wacky fan letter, doesn't it? That track was full of memorable comments:

"...Read this important personal letter, your career depends on it..."

"...Shotgun Angel, A+, completely excellent album in allways, even if it sounds like the Eagles at times..."

"...Bibleland, F, I'm getting my money back tomorrow. I'm sick and tired of having to make an effort to like your music..."

ROTFL!!

(Will you be in Dallas any time soon?)

05-12-2002 19:20 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
I don't think I could possibly ever rank the albums in order, but I will rank them like this (note: there is no meaning to the order in each grade). I haven't ranked any "best of" or live albums.

A+
MBD, Zoom Daddy, Green Room Serenade, Alarma, Motorcycle, Doppleganger, Horrendous Disk.

A
Songs of the Heart, Vox Humana, John Wayne, Kalhoun

A-
Fearful Symmetry

B+
Sacred Cows

B
Bibleland

Funny, ain't it, how the number in each grade gets smaller as it goes down. Just shows how good all TST stuff is.

How is the weather in Dallas? Big Grin

05-14-2002 21:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Back to the weather thing, eh?

05-14-2002 21:51 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

Oh, how I am persecuted, just because I don't like Bibleland as much as some! When will this bigotry end? Big Grin

I can't speak for Dallas (and I don't really care), but the weather here has been mighty fine for several days (with the exception of yesterday)
05-14-2002 22:55 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

Oh, how I am persecuted, just because I don't like Bibleland as much as some! When will this bigotry end? Big Grin

I can't speak for Dallas (and I don't really care), but the weather here has been mighty fine for several days (with the exception of yesterday)

Love and In Christ...

Tongue

05-15-2002 18:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:

Love and In Christ...

Tongue

Hey! Same to you, buddy!Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-15-2002 18:33 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

Love and In Christ...

Tongue

Hey! Same to you, buddy!Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Ya! Right back at ya!
Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

05-15-2002 21:27 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

what a love fest we have here!

05-15-2002 23:07 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Well, THIS oughta stir the pot....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH