Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
One Weigh Street
unregistered
Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Tim,

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar is kind of a joke on this board, if you haven't noticed. I've been about the only one known to defend him now and then, although I certainly appreciate any annoyance at his "demon behind every tree" mentality, and all that other baggage that comes with the "word of faith" type of evangelists.

My question is, do you know Carman? Have you ever met him or talked to him at some of these big Christian concert events? Is he different than we perceive him, worse than we perceive him, or what? What's your overall impression of the guy, if you don't mind me asking?
Curious,
Jim
03-12-2003 21:03
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

hey, one weigh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i've never actually met the guy. my impression of him is, um, pretty much the same as yours
03-12-2003 21:09 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
somehypocriticalChrist-ian
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-22-2003

if you really care... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my impression is:

carmen plays piano and sings CCM,

Keith Green played piano and sang CCM.

notice any difference?
03-12-2003 21:12 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no, actually
03-12-2003 21:14 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Esculent Eskimo

dude, that hurts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

so you're saying that carmen and Keith serve the same purpose spiritually?
03-12-2003 21:16 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
Jad
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-21-2002

I know. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Keith's dead.
03-12-2003 21:16 Jad is offline Send an Email to Jad Search for Posts by Jad Add Jad to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So do you guys have a good relationship with Larry Norman now. I was glad to see Horrendous Disc released; but I was not happy about his commentarty about DA in his advertisement for the Horrendous Disc CD. He seemed to be saying in essence that DA never came close to HD, which is ridiculous. Did you guys ever confront him on that? We were talking about his comments here, about a year ago or so.
03-12-2003 21:18
Daniel Amos

car man/keith--i just don't know enough about who serves what purpose spiritually. no harm intended

larry-- no comment ( i'm not trying to cop-out, i just think it's best

and: hey jad, how are ya?
03-12-2003 21:30 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by somehypocriticalChrist-ian

He plays an instrument? That actually raises my opinion of the guy! is there more than one the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, cause now we have a carMEN? hey where does the question mark go?

03-12-2003 21:38 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Hi Tim. I'm from Canada, but I know this guy from the US, I think he's from New Hamshire or maybe New England, do you know him? His name is Bill. He works in an office.

03-12-2003 21:40 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
quote:
Originally posted by somehypocriticalChrist-ian

He plays an instrument? That actually raises my opinion of the guy! is there more than one the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, cause now we have a carMEN? hey where does the question mark go?

He does play piano and he does write his own tunes, including some pretty good ones, so there must be some talent behind all the glitzy entertainment.
03-12-2003 21:41
Esculent Eskimo

my Keith story Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Keith was the first Christ-ian musician i ever heard. the album was "No Compromise". it just floored me. in your face truth with mercy without compromise. to me, the '70's were the best: Daniel Amos, 2nd Chapter of Acts, The Way, Keith Green, even some of the Pat Boone stuff stirred me. to me, Keith was the way it was, and the Tuxedo Clad Megastar is the way it is...
03-12-2003 21:44 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Remember when the Boone sisters sang Father's Arms?

i think that was a big break for Terry, seriously.
03-12-2003 21:45 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Mr. Chandler, sir, what was your Monrovian address?
03-12-2003 21:47 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
One Weigh Street
unregistered

SHC,
Well, hey DA is still "the way it is" too; so quit bein' so stuck in the past, ol' buddy boy. I hear ya though, I still like that "old-time rock'n'roll" too.

"The good ol' days weren't always good;
and tomorrow isn't as bad as it seems."
- Billy Joel from "Keepin' the Faith"
03-12-2003 21:48
Daniel Amos

130 mauna loa--um, why?
03-12-2003 21:50 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Wanted a photograph?

i am utterly pathetic!
03-12-2003 21:51 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Jad
Keith's dead.

I think that says it all Big Grin

03-12-2003 21:58 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

baxter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no problem, just curious
03-12-2003 22:01 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Mr. Chandler, sir, could you say, "Hey" to Brenneth?

He is really a trooper. He flys out to Cornerstone with me even though he's not a huge fan (as long as i promise to play frisbee in that filthy lake several times a day).

Last year, he berated me when i would not go up and speak to you after the DA concert. You and Ed looked beat, and i didn't want to be annoying...
03-12-2003 22:02 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH