Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Whoa.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jwaltb
There are some things I thought were pretty simplistic and engineered to get an emotional rise out of the average evangelical. But then again, what was Terry saying in the lyrics to Bibleland? And how about Evangeline off of SOTH?

Reminds me of my "baptism of fire" into the DADL.... those words were danged near verbatim of mine.... Roll Eyes Shocked Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-14-2003 12:41 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
There are some things I thought were pretty simplistic and engineered to get an emotional rise out of the average evangelical. But then again, what was Terry saying in the lyrics to Bibleland? And how about Evangeline off of SOTH?

Reminds me of my "baptism of fire" into the DADL.... those words were danged near verbatim of mine.... Roll Eyes Shocked Big Grin

I don't think its the use of the the typical tactics we're talking about, its the one track mindset and abuse of them. Evangeline to me was a very balanced thoughtful look from a sceptic at something "holy hidden" in the "fracas and filth"

03-14-2003 12:44 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tim: If you don't know the Car Man, ask your old "Buckeye" friend to introduce you.

http://www.thechoir.net/images/carman.jpg

03-14-2003 13:26 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

everyone knows the c-man...

even Joey, Dr Rich and Baxter know him

Shocked
03-14-2003 13:52 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Well I gotta ask then (popping in from another hard day at work......), do you still hold to 'em?

BTW, neat trick with the graphics BD! Love the intro to your site as well. I have to admit that the other day my pastor was talking about some tape a guy supposedly made - something about 20something minutes of hell or something like that - I did lean over to my wife and asked if she thought it was the newest the Tuxedo Clad Megastar release!! Big Grin Big Grin Roll Eyes

[/QUOTE]
Reminds me of my "baptism of fire" into the DADL.... those words were danged near verbatim of mine....
[/QUOTE]
03-14-2003 15:55 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
car man/keith--i just don't know enough about who serves what purpose spiritually. no harm intended

larry-- no comment ( i'm not trying to cop-out, i just think it's best

and: hey jad, how are ya?

Good call! That one was a trap! Evil

03-14-2003 15:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
sorry i missed your question last night--i'm not sure if terry has heard your project--my cd arrived just after he was in town or i would've played it for him. i'll sure play it for him next time he's here

woo-hoo! Smile )

03-14-2003 15:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by BD

Shocked

Smile ) I like it! Smile )

03-14-2003 16:01 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Carman
Tuxedo-clad Megastar

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
Originally posted by BD

Shocked

Smile ) I like it! Smile )

me too! Cool

03-14-2003 17:59 Carman is offline Send an Email to Carman Homepage of Carman Search for Posts by Carman Add Carman to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

So the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, when are you going to sing some songs with more depth?

03-14-2003 18:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
So the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, when are you going to sing some songs with more depth?

Carman: "As soon as Terry Taylor sings a song that, for once, acknowledges that the horrible crisis of abortion is taking place in our midst. Maybe we'll actually see that in one of these Strange Days."
03-15-2003 17:10
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Hmmm. Well I agree that we have a horrible situation in America with abortion.....I don't follow you here. Is this supposed to be lampooning a Carman-ism or are you seriously wanting Terry to acknowledge we have a problem with abortion in this country?

Curious,

JB

Carman: "As soon as Terry Taylor sings a song that, for once, acknowledges that the horrible crisis of abortion is taking place in our midst. Maybe we'll actually see that in one of these Strange Days."
[/QUOTE]
03-16-2003 06:57 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Whoa. I'm a "dignified lazar"! Seems like yesterday I was excited about making unsullied affiche. Don't particularly know what either are, but at least I'm "Dignified" now. Can't wait to tell my mom!Pleased And she was worried about my career. Hmph.

JB
03-16-2003 07:02 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

You are dignified. Big Grin

03-16-2003 18:52 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by One Weigh Street
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

same old jim.... Roll Eyes

Cool
03-16-2003 18:55 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mark Mark is a male

Yes

03-16-2003 18:56 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
(A)re you seriously wanting Terry to acknowledge we have a problem with abortion in this country?
Curious,
JB

Yes.

Terry is an amazing artist, and I perceive that he is a very good man. I don't know Terry personally; but I think he's a man who should be encouraged to write a song which lovingly champions the sparing of an unborn baby's life.

I really agree with Phil Keaggy's approach to this issue. His body of work shows that he has an awareness, and concern, regarding the crisis in our midst. He's written "Little Ones" and saved lives with it. He's written "The Survivor", about a baby who survived an abortion. He had a woman who survived an aboriton sing on his song "Above All Things", on the "PK" cd. He's aware there's a crisis occuring, he speaks up on it, yet in a sober, gentle, and hopeful way.

A song called "What Was I Supposed to Be?" by Ray Boltz is also a very moving song that encourges the sparing of an innocent baby.

For all we rip on the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, he's had the courage, in the song "Revival in the Land", to expose the devil's delight with all the abortions happening and rightfully compares it to Nazism. And in a song called "Be the Light of Jesus to the World", he compassionately sings "Who will ... say 'abortion is a sin'"? I'll give him credit for that.

What Was I Supposed to Be?
by Ray Boltz

Jesus walked upon the earth,
On the shores of Galilee,
He'd say to His disciples,
Let the little children come to me,
I wonder if up in heaven,
Do you suppose we'll see
little children asking
what was I supposed to be.

Chorus
What was I supposed to be,
What were my eyes supposed to see,
And why did I taste of death
before I even drew a breath,
Laid my head at my mother's breast,
to sleep.

Oh Jesus,
Chorus

Was I to be a prophet
used in the ministry,
A doctor who would find a cure
for some terrible disease,
Even if I'd been born imperfect
why couldn't my parents see,
That I'd have been made perfect
when you came back for me.

Oh Jesus
Chorus
Oh Jesus, what was I supposed to be,
Oh Jesus, what was I supposed to be.
03-16-2003 21:13
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool
03-17-2003 00:03 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jwaltb
Mind Peach

I agree with you on all that. I love Terry's and DA's music and greatly appreciate his ability to "wax poetic" with thought-provoking lyrics though I don't always agree with his political leanings. As well, I wouldn't mind seeing/hearing him focus his talent on such a topic. It's always been a concern of mine and has guided alot of my actions.

I left the quote below because you reminded me of when a friend and I got a chance to perform that song for a local anti-abortion rally years ago. Thankfully the performance came off well and it was a very moving moment. Thanks for bringing it up. South La, being predominantly Catholic, has always had a strong Right to Life movement. It's just a shame that too many of them let their pocketbook instead of their moral consience guide their vote.

JB

[/QUOTE]

He's written "The Survivor", about a baby who survived an abortion.
[/QUOTE]
03-17-2003 11:57 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Terry Taylor attacks something far more dangerous than abortion. He attacks teachers of false doctrine who are responsible for turning countless souls away from God (Carman is one of them). When the Tuxedo Clad Megastar starts attacking the money hungry evangelists getting fat off of the old and naive then and only then will I consider him someone working for the good of mankind. There are bigger issues than abortion. At least (I believe) the babies go to heaven.

03-17-2003 13:38 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH