Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
One Weigh Street
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
1way-
I agree-

but I also agree IN IT ALL-
that sincere people come to know Jesus- even through clowns like___________(fill in the blank)
Theres a LOT of Evangelines out there
I could be decieved, but I believe
that I just got a healing (IN SPITE OF)...
cuz- I did.
jiMiny

You would probably never believe that I once gave money to Robert Tilton; but hey, we all came from somewhere. :-)

I guess because I once fell for that stuff before, that's why I'm not too overly-critical of the Tuxedo Clad Megastar and other people who are into that flavor of Christianity. Because I know that I was sincere at the time; I just needed some time to grow, and figure out how ridiculous much of the TV "ministries" are.
Jim
03-18-2003 18:01
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by One Weigh Street
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
1way-
I agree-

but I also agree IN IT ALL-
that sincere people come to know Jesus- even through clowns like___________(fill in the blank)
Theres a LOT of Evangelines out there
I could be decieved, but I believe
that I just got a healing (IN SPITE OF)...
cuz- I did.
jiMiny

You would probably never believe that I once gave money to Robert Tilton; but hey, we all came from somewhere. :-)

I guess because I once fell for that stuff before, that's why I'm not too overly-critical of the Tuxedo Clad Megastar and other people who are into that flavor of Christianity. Because I know that I was sincere at the time; I just needed some time to grow, and figure out how ridiculous much of the TV "ministries" are.
Jim

Cool
03-18-2003 18:45 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

I can relate, Jim. Pretty much where I came from (still attend a full gospel church) but alot of that stuff that went on under the guise of "Faith" teaching, etc. never sat well with me. I always had questions about some of the practices I've seen. But I don't believe you need to "throw out the baby with the bathwater". I've come to the point that in most churches you can find things you agree with and disagree with. You can also find those who are sincere in their faith and those who use it as means to an end (whatever that end may be). I am thankful for our pastor now who, while being an AOG minister, is honest enough from the pulpit to let it be known that he finds alot that goes on on The Bighair Network (etc.) just missing the point of the Gospel.

JB

quote:
Originally posted by One Weigh Street

Jim
03-19-2003 12:21 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

quote:
[I]I am thankful for our pastor now who, while being an AOG minister, is honest enough from the pulpit to let it be known that he finds alot that goes on on The Bighair Network (etc.) just missing the point of the Gospel.

Can I quote myself without changing pseudonyms?? Smile Just wanted to say that's not the ONLY reason I think he's OK, but it's what seemed pertinent. Believe me, I've had a few years of the Big Warm Swede type and don't want to go there again!! Thank you Lord! Big Grin
03-19-2003 12:25 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I can dig it.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jwaltb
quote:
I am thankful for our pastor now who, while being an AOG minister, is honest enough from the pulpit to let it be known that he finds alot that goes on on The Bighair Network (etc.) just missing the point of the Gospel.

Can I quote myself without changing pseudonyms?? Smile Just wanted to say that's not the ONLY reason I think he's OK, but it's what seemed pertinent. Believe me, I've had a few years of the Big Warm Swede type and don't want to go there again!! Thank you Lord! Big Grin

As an AofG refugee (10 years of Big Warm Swedes in Terror a'Glowering), I can appreciate this. Nice to know there's a few of them not putting their "victory in Jesus" before their life in Christ. It was never their official doctrine that finally sent me packing, after all....

carl
all the same, comfortable enough with the C&MA
to be studying to be one of their front men

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-19-2003 12:40 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Aargh! Get that Quote button away from the Edit button! I rebuke this!

03-19-2003 12:48 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Carman
Tuxedo-clad Megastar

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

the good old days.... Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by joey

03-19-2003 13:14 Carman is offline Send an Email to Carman Homepage of Carman Search for Posts by Carman Add Carman to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
I can relate, Jim. Pretty much where I came from (still attend a full gospel church) but alot of that stuff that went on under the guise of "Faith" teaching, etc. never sat well with me. I always had questions about some of the practices I've seen. But I don't believe you need to "throw out the baby with the bathwater". I've come to the point that in most churches you can find things you agree with and disagree with. You can also find those who are sincere in their faith and those who use it as means to an end (whatever that end may be). I am thankful for our pastor now who, while being an AOG minister, is honest enough from the pulpit to let it be known that he finds alot that goes on on The Bighair Network (etc.) just missing the point of the Gospel.
JB

I started out RC, then did Church of God for 2 years, then Assemblies of God for 3 years, then back to RC for the last 9-10 years. I find many positive things about CofG and AofG.
03-19-2003 13:33
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Speaking of different denominations, someone just sent me this joke in an email:

A Baptist preacher and his wife decided they needed a dog. Ever mindful of the congregation, they knew the dog must also be Baptist.

They visited an expensive kennel and explained their needs to the manager, who assured them he had just the dog for them. The dog was produced and the manager said, "Fetch the Bible." The dog bounded to the bookshelf, scrutinized the books, located the Bible, and brought it to the manager.

The manager then said, "Find Psalms 23." The dog, showing
marvelous dexterity with his paws, leafed through the Bible, found the correct passage, and pointed to it with his paw. Duly impressed, the couple purchased the dog.

That evening a group of parishioners came to visit. The preacher and his wife began to show off the dog, having him locate several Bible verses. The visitors were amazed. Finally, one man asked, "Can he do normal dog tricks too?"

"Let's see," said the preacher. Pointing his finger at the
dog, he commanded, "Heel!" The dog immediately jumped up on a
chair, placed one paw on the preacher's forehead, and began to howl.

The preacher turned to his wife and exclaimed, "Good grief,
we've bought a Pentecostal dog!"

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
03-19-2003 14:57 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

03-19-2003 16:04 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

:) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl

my best friend's son is a C & MA preacher.............I love her church..............she's moving to Iowa..........don't know if there's a C&MA church near her...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ONE of the front men? Does that mean you get to be named Luigi or Guido?

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-19-2003 16:40 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Forgive my ignorance, but I have to ask..... what are the C&MA and RC? Confused Thanks,

JB
03-19-2003 22:35 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Heck.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
The dog immediately jumped up on a
chair, placed one paw on the preacher's forehead, and began to howl.

The preacher turned to his wife and exclaimed, "Good grief,
we've bought a Pentecostal dog!"

First time he barked should've tipped him off.... Big Grin

03-20-2003 07:43 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Forgive my ignorance, but I have to ask..... what are the C&MA and RC? Confused Thanks,

JB

C&MA = Christian & Missionary Alliance

RC = Royal Crown. Like the cola. Was especially good when they had the lemon in it -- a good quarter-century before the whole Pepsi Twist thang started.... if only those danged Roman Catholics had supported it more back then we could've avoided the present soft-drink crisis.... Big Grin

03-20-2003 07:46 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
quote:
Originally posted by carl

my best friend's son is a C & MA preacher.............I love her church..............she's moving to Iowa..........don't know if there's a C&MA church near her...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ONE of the front men? Does that mean you get to be named Luigi or Guido?

Well, it DOES say we'll all be given a new name, right? Big Grin

(on a more serious note, use the link in the post above.... I'm sure there is.... we lost our original associate pastor (or more specifically, our plant money got cut off about 6 months in & he had to scramble for employment) to a little C&MA church near the Kansas-Nebraska border....)

03-20-2003 07:49 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jwaltb
Mind Peach

[/QUOTE]
C&MA = Christian & Missionary Alliance

RC = Royal Crown. Like the cola. Was especially good when they had the lemon in it -- a good quarter-century before the whole Pepsi Twist thang started.... if only those danged Roman Catholics had supported it more back then we could've avoided the present soft-drink crisis.... Big Grin
[/QUOTE]

DARN! Man, where was I last night?? With all the RC's in this neck of the woods you'd think I woulda caught that one. Heck, my wife was raised that way. Actually Royal Crown is the only thing that made it through the fog.Tongue But the C&MA is a new one on me. I need to check that out. Thanks,

JB
03-20-2003 13:30 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH