Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Alarma! Guitar Sound » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Alarma! Guitar Sound
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

The Alarma! Guitar Sound Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I really like the tone Jerry gets on Alarma! It's like this bright, high pitched, metallic tone! I've actually tried to get this sound before, and I always found that I was missing that 'little something extra.' Was it a pedal, was it in the mix, I didn't know. Today, I accidentally stumbled upon his secret! And now I'm fooling around with it. Smile

04-04-2003 00:18 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

WELL???????????????????????????? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't leave us hanging ... what was his secret?

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
04-04-2003 01:46 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... well Confused

04-04-2003 09:41 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I believe he used strings.
04-04-2003 09:55 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

a thin pick?
what?????

WWOTS- what is your favorite "effect"?
I stole-er borrowed a phase/pitch shifter from #2 son- like that. (you can play around for quite a few variations on a theme.
and I occasionally use sans amp- brings out the beef.
anyone else?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-04-2003 10:04 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I stole-er borrowed a phase/pitch shifter from #2 son- like that.

Tongue LOL! Tongue

04-04-2003 15:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
I really like the tone Jerry gets on Alarma! It's like this bright, high pitched, metallic tone! I've actually tried to get this sound before, and I always found that I was missing that 'little something extra.' Was it a pedal, was it in the mix, I didn't know. Today, I accidentally stumbled upon his secret! And now I'm fooling around with it. Smile

iAlarma! has a great sound and overall vibe to it! I used to just own crappy tape copies of Alarma and Doppelganger, but when the bookset came out I then had the CD! So in some ways they are both knda "new" to me. At least I know those CDs much better than I used to. Those two records really compliment each other. Good stuff!

Really just great Rock-n-Roll! Smile )

04-04-2003 15:46 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Thread Starter Thread Started by arcticsunburn

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

iAlarma! has a great sound and overall vibe to it! I used to just own crappy tape copies of Alarma and Doppelganger, but when the bookset came out I then had the CD! So in some ways they are both knda "new" to me. At least I know those CDs much better than I used to. Those two records really compliment each other. Good stuff!

Really just great Rock-n-Roll! Smile )

Indeed! Smile

04-05-2003 01:56 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick

Well, in terms of amp settings -

Bass 0
Mid 0
Treble 10

Clean or gain, either will work, but if you go with the gain channel don't dial in too much distortion! A Fender amp will work best, but that doesn't matter too much.

A guitar with 3 single coil pickups works best. I personally have a Mexi Strat. Make sure you select the middle - neck pickup position (in other words, flip that pickup switch to the fourth position).

Here's the clincher: play as close to the bridge as you can (with your picking hand, of course)! That's all it is!

04-05-2003 02:00 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

Bass 0
Mid 0
Treble 10

...but this one goes to "11."

04-07-2003 16:12 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
quote:
quote:

Bass 0
Mid 0
Treble 10

http://members.aol.com/chiprowe/gotoeleven2.wav

04-07-2003 16:20 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
quote:
quote:

Bass 0
Mid 0
Treble 10

Big Grin

04-08-2003 00:03 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ubique Epoque

good link Dale! Big Grin

04-08-2003 16:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Alarma! Guitar Sound

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH