Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim! (part II) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Tim! (part II)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
One Weigh Street
unregistered
Hey Tim! (part II) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Tim, when's DA going to hit the studio and crank out s'more tunes???
Jim
04-17-2003 12:59
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

hey, jim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i wish i knew. terry and i talked about it last time i saw him. obviously, it's not a money maker and everybody is so busy with other things just trying to make a living, especially terry. but don't give up hope! it'll happen eventually
04-17-2003 13:29 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tim,

Hope all is well.

Say, who came up with that tripped out segment 15 minutes after "And So It Goes", and what is it saying? Something about Terry and tic-tacs?

Thank you,
Jim
04-17-2003 13:43
One Weigh Street
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Tim, hope allis well. Just bumping this post up so you can see it and answer my question in the previous post. Big Grin
Jim
04-24-2003 11:06
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
iit's not a money maker and everybody is so busy with other things just trying to make a living

Maybe you guys should dress up on costumes like the Village People!

You could be the cop! Tongue

04-24-2003 11:43 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey, jim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it's sort of hard to explain. that little oddball outtake 15 minutes after "and so it goes" was just a moment that happened in the studio on accident.

i can't even remember what we were recording but sometimes when someone screws up while we're recording, we'll (all of us) very sarcastically just keep going like nothing's wrong. and terry, if he gets a laugh, will make up some ridiculous lyric and go on and on.

whatever that moment was, we decided to keep it on tape because it was so off-the-cuff, but i didn't know terry was going to doctor it up and make it sorta serious.

well, not serious but the original little bit sounded much stupider than how it ended up. terry changed the lyric thing he originally improved and pulled most of the sarcastic instruments out. does that make any sense at all?
04-24-2003 12:50 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
sarcastic instruments

hey, I have a sarcastic guitar

I play it ReaL GooD & it (the guitar) sounds really BaD Roll Eyes

04-24-2003 12:57 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
it's sort of hard to explain. that little oddball outtake 15 minutes after "and so it goes" was just a moment that happened in the studio on accident.

i can't even remember what we were recording but sometimes when someone screws up while we're recording, we'll (all of us) very sarcastically just keep going like nothing's wrong. and terry, if he gets a laugh, will make up some ridiculous lyric and go on and on.

whatever that moment was, we decided to keep it on tape because it was so off-the-cuff, but i didn't know terry was going to doctor it up and make it sorta serious.

well, not serious but the original little bit sounded much stupider than how it ended up. terry changed the lyric thing he originally improved and pulled most of the sarcastic instruments out. does that make any sense at all?

I guess so; that's interesting, being creative with the mistakes. It sounds cool, I wish it went longer.

Here's another question for you, and you can take your time to think about it:

What would you say is a qunitessential, non-Taylor, Christian album, that is everything Christian music should be? (I say "non-Taylor" beacuse we already know that his stuff is quintessential Christian music).
Jim
04-24-2003 13:16
Daniel Amos

i'll be honest and tell you that i just don't really listen to christian music. obviously, i'm partial to the choir's stuff.

how about you? what would you say is a quintessential non-taylor-related record?
04-24-2003 13:29 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
i'll be honest and tell you that i just don't really listen to christian music. obviously, i'm partial to the choir's stuff.

how about you? what would you say is a quintessential non-taylor-related record?

For a Christain album, I think Bryan Duncan's "Mercy" album has very mature lyrics, and excellent music. Still after all these years, that one really blows me away. Everything just really clicks on that one. Its Christain as can be, yet without a tired cliche in sight. Its very real, yet its hopeful and optimistic at the same time. I consider that to be a quintesential Christian album, along with Taylor-stuff like "Gift Horse" and "Surfonic".
Jim
04-24-2003 13:34
One Weigh Street
unregistered
another question for Tim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's another quetion for you Tim:

Who are some bass players that you look forward to hearing new material from the most?
Jim
04-24-2003 13:45
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

that is too broad based a question IMHO.
To me it depends on what you value in God-based music,
that covers the gamut from Elvis to Tourniquet.

(OPINION ON q-ALBUM)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-24-2003 13:46 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
that is too broad based a question IMHO.
To me it depends on what you value in God-based music,
that covers the gamut from Elvis to Tourniquet.

Well wait, since Elivs is God, after all, he would have the quintessential Christian albums. I better go snag "30 Number Ones" at Amazon. Wink
04-24-2003 13:51
Daniel Amos

jim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my favorites remain: mccartney, bruce thomas, colin moulding and the late, great john entwistle. i also like the guy in the foo fighters. there's a few others i'm forgetting
04-24-2003 13:52 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

NOT TILL YOU'VE SEEN HIM OUTDOORS

04-24-2003 13:53 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

BASS PLAYERS-
I'M PARTIAL TO STANLEY CLARKE
AND HERBIE FLOWERS
(AND ABE LABORIAL SR.)

04-24-2003 13:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hmmm.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
my favorites remain: mccartney, bruce thomas, colin moulding and the late, great john entwistle. i also like the guy in the foo fighters. there's a few others i'm forgetting

So I WASN'T off on that Bruce Thomas comment after all.... Smile

And yep, those are EXACTLY the guys I had you up there with.... although I'd've thrown Chris Squire in there too....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-24-2003 13:55 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:

What bands are Thomas and Moulding in? One guy I really enjoy is Graham Maby of the Joe Jackson Band. He sounds really good on JJ Band Volume 4, which just came out. Do you like him any?

Now mccartney and brian wilson, they were always borrowing ideas form eachother I understand.
04-24-2003 13:58
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

CHICKEN OR FISH?
you ALWAYS fill the missing link.
I saw Rick Cua- like him 2.

04-24-2003 13:58 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
CHICKEN OR FISH?
you ALWAYS fill the missing link.
I saw Rick Cua- like him 2.

He sounded good on Phil Keaggy's "Find Me in These Fields" too. Forget if he was on Keg's "Sunday's Child" album too. I know Keg did some monster bass playing himself for a few songs on that particular project.
Jim
04-24-2003 14:03
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim! (part II)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH