Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim! (part II) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Tim! (part II)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

GEE, I wonder if it was a groovy dress like this one?

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

04-24-2003 15:45 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by One Weigh Street
quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
why does who play so nice over here?

She means me. Big Grin Don't worry we won't get into it here. The Argument dump is where WWIII is occuring. Of course, its everyone else's fault, not mine. Wink

we would not even have the AD if not for you! Shocked

(Tim, ask Jason about this guy, he will fill you inWink )

04-24-2003 15:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
the late, great john entwistle.

I love his bass playing. that's a shame.

He also wrote "heaven & hell" which is maybe the best song by The Who. Smile )

04-24-2003 15:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

I really love the song "I Get to Wondering".

there.......back to DA.

04-24-2003 15:49 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Ubique Epoque

Here's how I get Hiiiiiiiiigh.

The Tale you tell.
Kick ass! Smile )

04-24-2003 15:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
all of the eddies in drag/partial drag playing and singing "i am woman" at cornerstone?

I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar

I was there... Pleased

http://www.danielamos.com/concerts/cstone90se.html

04-24-2003 16:27 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
i was on the other side of the world in new zealand or someplace and this person said they listen to such and such a record of ours every night before they go to bed because it means so much to them.

What - you were in New Zealand and you didn't look me up! I know there are only 3 DA fans over here (3 out of 4 million)so it couldn't be too difficult.

Tim on a serious note at a point in my life where I was about to pack in the whole beleiving in God thing it was DA's music that kept me wanting to believe.
Thanks

04-24-2003 18:55 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

So - it was you!
04-25-2003 10:23 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

wait-
i thoght it was me.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-25-2003 10:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

B T W Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:
all of the eddies in drag/partial drag playing and singing "i am woman" at cornerstone?

I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar

I was there... Pleased

http://www.danielamos.com/concerts/cstone90se.html

I think this is the first time I heard the saying

Shock and Awe Roll Eyes

04-25-2003 11:42 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Man, I'd have loved to have seen that Smile

04-25-2003 15:31 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
hmmm--what's the most amazing experience i've ever had at a concert i played at.

playing gigs where there were more people on stage than in the audience? (this happened to me once when i played in a three piece band.)

that's a hard question. "amazing" goes in a lot of different directions. i'd have to really think about it but i'll tell you several moments that stick.

one of the very first times i ever played with da was in nova scotia in 1981. that was during a period of time in which some of da's audience wasn't caught up on the fact that the band had moved on from country music. when we walked out on stage there was nothing but a Sea of Cowboy Hats in front of us. we played a loud blasting version of "through the speakers" for the first song. when we finished the song, there was no applause, and in fact there was nothing but total stunned dead silence. crickets chirping and tumbleweeds blowing by. it was hilarious. all i could do to keep from bursting out laughing.

seriously, there were moments like someone coming up after the gig and saying that they were at home literally thinking about killing themselves but a friend talked them into coming and now that they've heard the band, they're definitely going through with it. no, sorry, just kidding, but once a guy did come up and say he was thinking about suicide, but something happened during the music that somehow changed him and he'd re-committed his life to God. people say things like that and it's hard to tell if it's really real or just some sort of drama on their part.
i was on the other side of the world in new zealand or someplace and this person said they listen to such and such a record of ours every night before they go to bed because it means so much to them.

if any of those things are true, and anyone has ever truly been affected that deeply, i guess that's the most amazing thing to me. that and ed's shocking backstage eating habits.

Tim, thanks for sharing all of that. I'm curious, did the audience in Nova Scotia warm up to the new sound a litlte more as the concert went on? Smile
Jim
04-26-2003 23:32
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Oh, you really must give us many details, many, many details about Ed's habits.

04-26-2003 23:57 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Please do.

04-26-2003 23:58 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim! (part II)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH