Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's most boring song » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry's most boring song
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Terry's most boring song Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The only boring song that I can think of is Broken Ladders. The rest is edgy enough for my taste Big Grin

04-28-2003 23:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

She's working here.... Red Face

04-28-2003 23:26 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Grand Encephalon

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I knew that was coming. If everyone keeps choosing from bibleland that fan letter might be rightShocked

04-28-2003 23:27 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Rob's and Carolee's
Red Face

04-28-2003 23:31 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
Rob's and Carolee's
Red Face

Musically yeah maybe, lyrically I really loved it, a little glimpse into Terry's drinking and driving lifestyle.

04-28-2003 23:32 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
She's working here.... Red Face

i think i agree. it's like that song...."one of these things is not like the other".

Smile

04-28-2003 23:35 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Nightmare at Elks Lodge is the one song I continually skip over.

I can see how the lyrics about people stuck and going nowhere fits in with the music that goes nowhere - but it just bites.

04-28-2003 23:38 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic

Yes, that's the one for me too. Thanks for thinking for me!

04-28-2003 23:41 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic

Yes, that's the one for me too. Thanks for thinking for me!

Well thinking for some people is sometimes easier than thinking for others Tongue Smile Tongue

04-28-2003 23:43 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Hey, good point. And, having others think for you is easiest of all.

04-28-2003 23:47 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Grand Encephalon

Nightmare At The Elks Lodge is great. I play that CD a lot when I have company just to subliminaly mess with their minds. When that song comes on they stop in their tracks and kind of look at me Big Grin

04-28-2003 23:58 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Confession time Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My confession:

Yeah, 'nightmare' is like the energizer bunny. It's not a bad song (I can think of others on ZD I dislike more), but it seems like it never ends, and I guess that's the idea of the song. I get tired of it after a while and skip to the next.

But ZD overall is one of the greatest (if not quirkiest.) That little period ('94-'95) when ZD and SotH were released maybe went over the heads of some fans, but they were some of the best for me (after I chewed for a while.)

04-29-2003 08:17 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I think this is a cool thread- we all have that ONE (and theres only one)..we'd LIKE to skip over, but I let er play.
Pie hole
I like the idea, I like the tune, but theres something about it.
and the problem is- it sticks in my head.....I'm not sure if thats good or bad. Maybe when I'm "discussing" things with my dear wifey, I'm thinkin.....
"Put a lid on it baby...."

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-29-2003 08:41 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

DORF!!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What the hallibut are you talking about?!?!?!

"You're my ravaged nun; I'm your greasy priest"

And a sweet melody to boot.

In my family it is up there in the top three, all time TST favorites.

sniff! sniff! I guess this is where we part company. sniff! Crying
04-29-2003 09:06 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Grand Encephalon

Now now now, dry those eyes. It is still better than any other song by anybody else Big Grin

04-29-2003 09:14 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

DORF-
ya should have been in politics- that was good!
LOL.
Jiminy

04-29-2003 09:16 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

What's Terry's most boring song? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ANYTHING THAT CHANDLER PLAYED ON!! gggkk

04-29-2003 09:29 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

"Terry's most boring song"- what a mean thought. Now we have to put Terry on the hugs thread so he won't feel so bad! Crying

04-29-2003 09:45 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

BERGER to the rescue!!!!!!!
double LOL!!!

04-29-2003 09:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

A long time ago I would've said Broken Ladders, but then I learned to play it (both chords) and fell in love it. However, I would have to say You Lay Down. I know that's a favorite among many DAMBers, but it really just bores me, and he always plays it live. I like the lyrics and the imagery, but the music and melody get on my nerves. I'm sure there are others, but i've put them out of my head.
04-29-2003 10:43 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's most boring song

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH