Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's most boring song » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry's most boring song
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Aloha's Bus Driver
I'm not sure if this counts as a boring Terry Song, since it was written by Lenny Cohen, but I seem to find myself skipping over "If it Be Your Will" All of the time.

I think it was placed in a bad spot on Green Room Serenade Part One - Sweet Work of Love and Mexico are both really rocking songs, and slamming a slow song between them like that sorta ruins the momentum. But hey, that's just my opinion.

~ Jeremy

I like this song too.

05-03-2003 18:53 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Terry doesn't have boring songs.

Au Contraire! (or however you spell it)

I can't belive nobody mentioned the mind-numbing effects of "From the King to the King" on Songs For The Day After Christmas.

All apologies to Terry, but this was REALLY boring.

ok, i'll give you that one Tongue
05-03-2003 18:54 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Me too!

Any idea why they chose not to print ANY of the lyrics to Gene's songs in the liner notes???

~ Jeremy

I don't know.

05-03-2003 18:54 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

quote:
Originally posted by bigboycying
If you don't like Broken Ladders yer a big poop head.

True

05-03-2003 18:55 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith

you're a poop head too.

05-03-2003 23:47 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

From king to King Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had the priviledge of having Terry preview this to me. We went out of the hotel to our van, jammed it in and listened to it.

Most of the album is comedy to some degree. The King song is probably the tune that cracks Terry himself up the most. It is totally in the vein of Eddies humor. You have the King doing this total TBN or Gaither thing along with the whole Elvis personna atop that.

I kept listening for "especially funny lines" but they never really came. The humor was "how" it was done. I suppose a little goes a long way, but I wouldn't agree that it's a boring song. It's like a number of TST songs that through the years have challenged me to look for the significance the author intended.

Doesn't mean that ultimately any of us has to "like the tune" or desire to listen over and over to it--but I think there is more to these types of tunes than "boring."
05-03-2003 23:59 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith

Great point Theo. I can relate to that with my stuff. For the most part it sounds like crap to everybody and I sit there and crack up. It's like an inside joke I have with myself. My wife doesn't even get it. I thought Terry's Christmas CD was just too funny. To picture Terry laughing at his own music will make the CD even funnier next Christmas Big Grin

05-04-2003 00:05 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Mark was here.

05-04-2003 08:45 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Have a great day!

05-04-2003 09:37 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Buy something from the DA webstore and Andysangelsrecords today! Support two good causes!

www.danielamos.com/store

www.andysangelsrecords.org

05-04-2003 13:10 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

It's worth having, that's for sure! Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
I had the priviledge of having Terry preview this to me. We went out of the hotel to our van, jammed it in and listened to it.

Most of the album is comedy to some degree. The King song is probably the tune that cracks Terry himself up the most. It is totally in the vein of Eddies humor. You have the King doing this total TBN or Gaither thing along with the whole Elvis personna atop that.

I kept listening for "especially funny lines" but they never really came. The humor was "how" it was done. I suppose a little goes a long way, but I wouldn't agree that it's a boring song. It's like a number of TST songs that through the years have challenged me to look for the significance the author intended.

Doesn't mean that ultimately any of us has to "like the tune" or desire to listen over and over to it--but I think there is more to these types of tunes than "boring."

05-04-2003 15:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Me too!

Any idea why they chose not to print ANY of the lyrics to Gene's songs in the liner notes???

~ Jeremy

too "out there?"
too "worldly?"

do you believe "not enough room?"

me either! Tongue )

05-04-2003 15:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

So why?

05-04-2003 17:09 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

After looking at Perfecta, I think that Gene was just notorious for not finishing lyrics by the time the design work for the liner sheet. Perfecta has several "Lyrics Under Construction"

~ Jeremy
05-05-2003 14:37
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
After looking at Perfecta, I think that Gene was just notorious for not finishing lyrics by the time the design work for the liner sheet. Perfecta has several "Lyrics Under Construction"

~ Jeremy

get back into the bus, aloha.... Big Grin

05-05-2003 17:07 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:

~ Jeremy

oh.... that makes sense! Wink

05-06-2003 16:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's most boring song

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH