Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey I'm the new guy! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey I'm the new guy! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 4.003 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
EH
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-30-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
...Some of the bands I miss include...Two-Pound Planet ...

Pleased

Great Band...too bad they were so "short-lived"...Crying

05-02-2003 20:32 EH is offline Send an Email to EH Search for Posts by EH Add EH to your Buddy List
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wanna buy a duck?
05-02-2003 20:59 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
EH
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-30-2003

Confused

05-02-2003 21:09 EH is offline Send an Email to EH Search for Posts by EH Add EH to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by Smartybritches
The object of the board is to post as much as you can within the shortest period of time. Quantity counts, not quality. Smiley face posts are not only fine, they're encouraged. As time goes on, you'll see different titles by your name like "Normal Noggin", "Mind Peach" and "Sublime Brain Puppet". These names are awarded when you get more and more posts after your name. The more you post, the more pretentious your name and the more the band likes you. It's no fun being a fan of a band that doesn't know you exist, is it? With the Daniel Amos posting method, you can actually become a MEMBER of the band, providing you post enough. It's happened to others and it can happen to you. You may have noticed, there is NO ONE in the band actually named "Daniel Amos." He's kind of like the dread pirate Robert from Princess Bride. He was originally in the band, but replaced by top poster Terry Scott Taylor years ago (So was "Camarillo Eddie" and the Reverend Daniel Edward Taylor, and Berger Roy Al and others!). Once you actually get in the band, your posts go to zero. Right now, it looks like another 500 posts or so, and Mark will be the next Daniel Amos. But you don't have to let that happen. Mark has a job and can only post about 20 hours a day- but you can beat him because you have no life!!!! Think about the opportunity!

Got to go now- people are watching me.

LOL

05-02-2003 21:47 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Big Grin

05-02-2003 21:48 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Big Grin

05-02-2003 21:49 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Mark was here.

05-03-2003 21:33 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

^the mark of Mark

05-03-2003 22:36 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Mark Mark is a male

Yes

05-04-2003 08:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Have a great day!

05-04-2003 09:32 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Buy something from the DA webstore and Andysangelsrecords today! Support two good causes!

www.danielamos.com/store

www.andysangelsrecords.org

05-04-2003 13:03 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by JR88

My brother ordered some things from the Webstore in January, and he hasn't gotten them yet. He is muncho peeved. When I ordered Mr. B it took two months to get it, but I'm patient.

05-05-2003 08:41 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

See, that's the problem. We are told to support the band but I'm never patient enough to buy from the webstore. I bought the new Lost Dogs CD on ebay because I did not want to wait three or four months for it. Remember how long it used to take for Virtigo to come out Big Grin I know they are busy but they are losing people and money by getting months behind. I don't blame anybody for this because I understand the situation and that they all have day jobs and stuff like that but it is a bit sad.

05-05-2003 08:50 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Yep. I'll agree wit dat. 3 or 4 months is a bit much to wait when your CC is charged in a week. I will always buy DA/TST related stuff, I will always support this band because I love them that much. But someone has to get the Webstore organized enough to get orders out within 2 weeks. And if that can't be done at least put a notice that says, "We will try to ship orders within two weeks, but sometimes due to delays it may be up to two months", or some kind of warning so fans don't get upset when it doesn't arrive in 2 or 3 weeks. Big Grin

05-05-2003 08:57 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

That's what they should seriously do. If they let people know it will take three months for their order people won't have a reason to get mad. What do you say Audiori?

05-05-2003 09:02 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Nomination Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Smartybritches
The object of the board is to post as much as you can within the shortest period of time. Quantity counts, not quality. Smiley face posts are not only fine, they're encouraged. As time goes on, you'll see different titles by your name like "Normal Noggin", "Mind Peach" and "Sublime Brain Puppet". These names are awarded when you get more and more posts after your name. The more you post, the more pretentious your name and the more the band likes you. It's no fun being a fan of a band that doesn't know you exist, is it? With the Daniel Amos posting method, you can actually become a MEMBER of the band, providing you post enough. It's happened to others and it can happen to you. You may have noticed, there is NO ONE in the band actually named "Daniel Amos." He's kind of like the dread pirate Robert from Princess Bride. He was originally in the band, but replaced by top poster Terry Scott Taylor years ago (So was "Camarillo Eddie" and the Reverend Daniel Edward Taylor, and Berger Roy Al and others!). Once you actually get in the band, your posts go to zero. Right now, it looks like another 500 posts or so, and Mark will be the next Daniel Amos. But you don't have to let that happen. Mark has a job and can only post about 20 hours a day- but you can beat him because you have no life!!!! Think about the opportunity!

Got to go now- people are watching me.

I would like to Nominate this post as

classic post of the month

05-05-2003 09:08 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Smartybritches
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-06-2003

dALe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You are too kind
05-05-2003 09:40 Smartybritches is offline Send an Email to Smartybritches Search for Posts by Smartybritches Add Smartybritches to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Just CuriousRoll Eyes how many female members are there on this messageboard? Big Grin Just asking because the only Da/TST fans I know are male.

05-05-2003 16:18 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Patti C, Woggy, anne, and Eleanor are ones I've seen on the board. There are some female names that may be alter egos of male posters.

If you want to meet girls, you need to go to the the Tuxedo Clad Megastar board!

05-05-2003 16:24 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
If you want to meet girls, you need to go to the the Tuxedo Clad Megastar board!

Shocked

if that's the only other option, maybe we should take jim's advice and abstain.... Red Face

05-05-2003 16:25 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey I'm the new guy!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH