Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey I'm the new guy! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey I'm the new guy! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 4.003 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Hey I'm the new guy! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Greetings fellow Amos junkies. I have taken the plunge into this new world of message boards and hope I will find a fellowship here that I lack in the outside world. Anyway let me get serious. The only people I know who listen to Da, Dogs, 77's, Choir and Adam Again are my brothers. So I thought I'd jump on board here to get familiar with my fellow fans around the country. The dogs will be coming to Evanston IL and I'll be there hope to see some of you there too.

05-01-2003 16:00 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome! I'm new too, but my feet are wet!

Grab a Corona, light a menthol and turn up the Buechner!

Some of these scallywags have SARS though, so steer clear of the service cart.

August 2005
05-01-2003 16:05 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by JR88
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks! I'll wear my surgical mask.

05-01-2003 16:07 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

welcome Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

to the DAmb Smile

05-01-2003 16:27 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

lemme guess... REM fan as well? Smile )

05-01-2003 16:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

we don't actually listen to the music of named bands, we're just here for the Message Board.

05-01-2003 17:42 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Welcome Driver8!!

Enjoy the Dogs. i saw them last November in Oregon. What a treat. And Theo too!

05-01-2003 17:46 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

hey 'backs' you are back to being @backs@ again, are you going back to Mr. Bern anytime soon? If you're not sure, you can get back to me on that. thanks ?backs?

BD
05-01-2003 17:50 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

EEK! i didn't notice that, biddy. Have i let the frozen one down? i must rectify this! i know...heh heh...

05-01-2003 18:25 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Always nice to see a new face here!

05-01-2003 18:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

welcome Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WELCOME MY foot!
I PAID you well to be my only friend Driver8-and here you are-breakin the rules already!!!What happened to all that "Jiminy is the Boss" stuff?
We'll see, my pretty, and your little dog too!
JiminY crickEt

(thought I'd start out a bit weird- so ya wont be surprised later...)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-01-2003 19:02 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

May God have mercy on your soul.

You may not realize this, but you don't exist. You're part of Woggy's intricate fantasy being played out on this board. Woggy is a mental patient who has created all of us as an appropiriate release for her pent up emotions. She's practically catatonic at this stage, but in her mind, behind seemingly lifeless eyes are all the players on this stage, you included.

The only one of us who is not a creation of Woggy's fertile mind is Jim Muglia. A man who witnessed to her about Roman Catholicism and caused her to slip over the edge. Many of the characters here are manifestations of him.

Welcome!

05-01-2003 19:32 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Ernest Borgnine's ...well, you know...are a Woggy creation?

05-01-2003 19:36 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Poopyhead
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-27-2002

Sadly, Steve is right. I used to think I was real as well, until he explained it to me. Think about it- does any one really listen to that David Anus guy or his many spin-off groups? Have you ever seen him in a church newsletter or on TV? How could anyone be so ugly and make a living in public entertainment? Deep in your heart, you know it's not possible (forget about Lyle Lovett for a minute, will ya? I'm trying to make a point!). Anyway, breathe deep the breath of God and all that. You'll soon get used to it.
05-01-2003 19:38 Poopyhead is offline Send an Email to Poopyhead Search for Posts by Poopyhead Add Poopyhead to your Buddy List
Smartybritches
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-06-2003

The object of the board is to post as much as you can within the shortest period of time. Quantity counts, not quality. Smiley face posts are not only fine, they're encouraged. As time goes on, you'll see different titles by your name like "Normal Noggin", "Mind Peach" and "Sublime Brain Puppet". These names are awarded when you get more and more posts after your name. The more you post, the more pretentious your name and the more the band likes you. It's no fun being a fan of a band that doesn't know you exist, is it? With the Daniel Amos posting method, you can actually become a MEMBER of the band, providing you post enough. It's happened to others and it can happen to you. You may have noticed, there is NO ONE in the band actually named "Daniel Amos." He's kind of like the dread pirate Robert from Princess Bride. He was originally in the band, but replaced by top poster Terry Scott Taylor years ago (So was "Camarillo Eddie" and the Reverend Daniel Edward Taylor, and Berger Roy Al and others!). Once you actually get in the band, your posts go to zero. Right now, it looks like another 500 posts or so, and Mark will be the next Daniel Amos. But you don't have to let that happen. Mark has a job and can only post about 20 hours a day- but you can beat him because you have no life!!!! Think about the opportunity!

Got to go now- people are watching me.
05-01-2003 19:45 Smartybritches is offline Send an Email to Smartybritches Search for Posts by Smartybritches Add Smartybritches to your Buddy List
Little Dumbo
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 07-01-2002

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
May God have mercy on your soul.

You may not realize this, but you don't exist.

Crying Crying Crying

05-01-2003 19:50 Little Dumbo is offline Send an Email to Little Dumbo Search for Posts by Little Dumbo Add Little Dumbo to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Many of the fans here also have a big soft spot for the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. If I were you, I'd go buy a few dozen the Tuxedo Clad Megastar CDs and play them while posting on the Daniel Amos message board (DAmb). I know I do it and it helps make sense of all the silliness here. I know others who do it too. Later we can discuss clothing selection for proper posting. Remember Woggy is a girl and in her mind most of the rest of the members here are men, so it's important to dress manly while posting in her little fantasy world.

05-01-2003 19:55 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
EH
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-30-2003

Shocked

05-01-2003 20:17 EH is offline Send an Email to EH Search for Posts by EH Add EH to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I think you guys scared off another fan.

05-01-2003 23:57 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

I can't wait till I become a member of the Band!!!

Can you imagine? I do a mean kazoo solo.

Big Grin

~ Jeremy
05-02-2003 00:34
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey I'm the new guy!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH