Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Why there's no justice in America » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Why there's no justice in America
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

Why there's no justice in America Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Steal away when the tide is rising
There's a promise in
Dishonest skies
And miracles on the grey horizon
If it rains today
Don't be surprised

Bleed us, then heal us
May love bind and seal us

We'll sail away when the white doves flying
There's a promise in
Dishonest skies
A flood of fire in a lost worlds dying
Will it rain today?
Don't be surprised

Take us, and break us
But please don't forsake us

We'll steal away

Speak, breathe
And move in us
Live, love,
Forgive through us

We'll steal away when the tide is rising
There's a promise in
Dishonest skies
And miracles on the lost horizon
If it rains today
Don't be surprised

Sail away where the white doves flying
Will it rain today?
Don't be surprised

This song should be playing on every radio station in the country. Folks should be singing it on Star Search and American Idol. It's beautiful. Somewhat reminiscent of Blackbird and almost as masterful. I think a lot of people would like it if they ever got the chance to hear it.
05-05-2003 09:50 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
EH
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-30-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes...yes it should be played, treasured, and played again...Pleased

Crying

05-05-2003 11:55 EH is offline Send an Email to EH Search for Posts by EH Add EH to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

while we are there Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

has anyone noticed the "sharp" note on the last chorus?
there is a guitar part that (to me) plays one note in the scale that just don't fit!
I am no scholar at musical terms , but there a walk down that is played-and in it the guitar goes...doink!
Its a beautiful, subtle, makes a dog look up and sniff the air little thing- I just wonder if I'm alone on this .

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-05-2003 12:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like to play this song. Big Grin
05-05-2003 12:11 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

yes you do Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and your scales leave the dog asleep on the floor.............

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-05-2003 12:26 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Good call Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that Steal Away is something like Blackbird. Only, I would go the entire way and say that it is indeed just AS masterful as BB.

And it's all your fault for causing me to scrutinize it in that light! Big Grin
05-05-2003 12:38 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Why there's no justice in America

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH