Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » If I win the lottery » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page If I win the lottery
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

If I win the lottery Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If I should ever win millions in the lottery I would?

Purchase entire publishing rights of both C*rm*n and Terry's work.
Only license C*rm*n work to the Eddies to cover in their own poignant way.
Give publishing rights to Terry?s work back to Terry.
Make sure band creates a hip video and is played on MTV.

What would you do?Cool
05-13-2002 18:10 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
If I should ever win millions in the lottery I would?

Purchase entire publishing rights of both C*rm*n and Terry's work.
Only license C*rm*n work to the Eddies to cover in their own poignant way.
Give publishing rights to Terry?s work back to Terry.
Make sure band creates a hip video and is played on MTV.

What would you do?Cool

I dont't know... not ever work again? Wink

05-13-2002 18:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mr. Spoke
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-20-2002

advocating advocacy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

-don't get me wrong, we've all dreamt of winning the lottery and I think your real point was if we were in a position monetarily to benefit all things TST "What would we do?" but it's kinda like wielding the ring in Tolkein's books; Boromir and Denethor claimed they wanted it to do good but they wouldn't have been able to handle it.

The lottery's the same thing, I've dreamed about all the good I'd do with lotsa moola and so rationalized pursuing such. But for the haunting words of Jesus I might still...

]Matthew 19:24 Mark 10:25 Luke 18:25

I know about the part that comes next but it's kinda like the joke about not needing to be a Baptist to go to heaven... -why take a chance?!
05-13-2002 18:37 Mr. Spoke is offline Send an Email to Mr. Spoke Search for Posts by Mr. Spoke Add Mr. Spoke to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey here's one for ya,
listen to "A Vegas Story" on LD "Gift Horse".
Maybe the reality of stiking it big will set in.

For free drinks and a dream, I gave them my wallet,
I rolled the dice and upped my price,
My soul for sale they bought it...

Listen, be content with what you have. Money can't fix or change things like He can.
05-14-2002 10:44
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Tyler Durden

In reality, I can't win considering I have only purchased three or four tickets. I have received more as stocking stuffers or inside birthday cards than actual purchases.
I was just playing the daydream of "what if" and "what would I do" It was my way of curing musical illiteracy.
05-14-2002 11:48 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Right! We'll have none of that dreaming business Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think about it myself from time to time still (used to fantasize about it aaaaalllll the time) but I've been learnin' so much lately about the benefits of trusting God day to day, learning contentment, the whole daily bread thing, grace for the moment.

That's why songs like "Diamonds To Coal" say so much;

Diamonds to Coal
(Words and Music by Terry Taylor)

(CHORUS)
Go ahead and do it Lord
Change my Diamonds to Coal
Go ahead and do it Lord
Bring me lower than low
You said a man might gain the world
And lose his own soul
So go ahead and do it Lord
Change my Diamonds to Coal

I was thinking I had everything
Thinkin' I was mighty
But lately I've been feelin' all the
Ash and dust inside me
And I can't ignore the Savior King
I can't avoid the cross
I'll need the help His spirit brings
To count my gain as loss (so)

(REPEAT CHORUS)

Thought my money was my worth
So my wealth was my devotion
My love for treasures on this earth
Is a chain that must be broken
And I can't ignore the Savior King
I can't just walk away
I desire to be redeemed
That's why I'm here to pray

(REPEAT CHORUS)

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-14-2002 12:28 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

You got to pray!
Pray!

You got to pray just to make it today.

Hammer Time!

Big Grin

05-14-2002 21:46 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » If I win the lottery

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH