Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hooked a big one!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hooked a big one!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Hooked a big one!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Y'know how we were lamenting our frequent inability to bring a buddy on board the DAtrain? Well, I finally got one!!

I meet with a friend/pastor once a week in a mentoring sitch (he mentoring me) and he's turned me on to many books and authors that have been great influences in my struggle for God (have you experienced "Wild at Heart"?). I've tried to return the favor by giving him a Buechner book (he's not impressed) or two. I made him some (copyright hags look away) mix tapes and discs of music that moves me, which he practically forgot I gave him. I even made the definitive TST-best-of that even y'all could agree on. (one mistake though, "God Went Bowling" was first)

Last week I gave it one last try. I burned an inspired Lost Dogs mix and gave it to him. This morning he was a changed man! He was enthusiastically quoting Terry back at me in S***bucks! When we closed in prayer, he thanked God for these men (dogs) who, although we've never met, have influenced us to seek His face.

Now I've got the bug! Look out friends of Zipp! Here comes your conversion to a real alternative.
Big Grin

August 2005
05-07-2003 11:45 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
GREAT JOB ZIPP!
Score one for the DAmbed!

05-07-2003 11:50 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
EH
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-30-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tongue

The audioris would be proud! Wink

05-07-2003 11:54 EH is offline Send an Email to EH Search for Posts by EH Add EH to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Cool

05-07-2003 13:31 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Beavis
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 08-30-2002
Location: "uh...you must have me confused with someone who gives a rat's ass.." -Butthead

hehehe.... you said big one! Pleased

05-07-2003 13:49 Beavis is offline Send an Email to Beavis Search for Posts by Beavis Add Beavis to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy

quote:
Originally posted by Beavis
hehehe.... you said big one! Pleased

HOOKED.... ooch!Frown

August 2005
05-07-2003 15:06 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Wow................

that deserves at least 2 GOLDEN JEWELS in your crown!

congrats Smile

(hey, my lilbro should get a few tokens for his conversion of ME!! Smile )

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

05-07-2003 16:20 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Now you must baptise him in some outdoor elvis.

05-07-2003 18:42 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Now you must baptise him in some outdoor elvis.

WHAAAA! I don't want to scare him off! I'm a seeker friendly TSTfan.

August 2005
05-07-2003 19:28 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

we'll build a shrine among the pines to you
('till the end of time we'll stand in this line for you)
o.e. o.e. we look for a sign from you
05-07-2003 19:32 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Doesn't that belong on the wrong lyrics thread?

05-08-2003 07:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Doesn't that belong on the wrong lyrics thread?

Big Grin

i just copied it from the lyrics page
05-08-2003 09:00 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

o.e. o.e. o.e.

or

oh we, oh we, oh we

05-08-2003 09:50 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I thought you were kidding. I just checked the lyrics page and you were right, BD. I never should have doubted your wisdom.

05-08-2003 09:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Big Grin

05-08-2003 18:49 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I thought you were kidding. I just checked the lyrics page and you were right, BD. I never should have doubted your wisdom.

I did think it was "oh we", but o.e. works too. Cool
05-09-2003 01:10 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

what does o.e. stand for? Outdoor Elvis? Now it all makes sense.

05-09-2003 01:12 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

can't get one past you dorfy! Wink
05-09-2003 01:13 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Big Grin

05-09-2003 01:14 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hooked a big one!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH