Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAconomics » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAconomics
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sounds good to me.... discussion over then? Big Grin

05-19-2003 17:24 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So the short answer to that discussion is to buy everything TST related - when ever and in what ever store you can.

05-19-2003 17:40 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Even better... JT just sent us the official answer to the same question. This says it better than we were and hopefully no one will misunderstand anything.

(Note: this will also be posted in the FAQs and Notices forum)
-------------------------------------------------------

There has been a recent flurry of discussion regarding the artists', their projects, the companies with which they work and the related inner working of the same. Of particular interest has been what manner of purchase "best" supports the artists.

To avoid any further miscommunication on the subject, please know that it is the official position of the artists, the webstores and Warm & Filled Artist Management that your direct and indirect support is each appreciated for what it is -- support of the artist and the music. We encourage all fans to support the artists through the webstores as well as through the websites and other commercial ventures of our business affiliates such as Lo-Fi Records. That fact is that many of these recordings would not exist without the intervention of our business partners and that, further, many of our business partners would not care to be in business were it not for these artists and their music. We matter to them and they matter to us. We hope to continue working together well in to the future and we are encouraged that companies such as Lo-Fi Records believe the music and the artist to be viable and important.

That said, the bottom line is this -- it is not an either/or industry where the artists are benefited by only one method of purchase. We support indie music. We know you do as well. As we all continue to support the whole of what makes indie music work, we thank you for your support of the artist websites, Lo-Fi Records and other related partners. Ultimately, we owe all that we have to the fans...and you and your support, via whatever method you choose, are appreciated more than you will ever
know. Godspeed us all on this journey...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-19-2003 17:40 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:

We're getting way off of the point here... shall we just delete this thread and call it quits?

I've never even understood what the argument is.

I HaVe a few threads I would like to delete too... Big Grin

We thought about deleting a few threads in the argument dump, but it may result in a "demotion" of a certain Grand Encephalon.

NO WAY! You're not really going to do this I hope.

05-19-2003 17:44 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark

quote:

We thought about deleting a few threads in the argument dump, but it may result in a "demotion" of a certain Grand Encephalon.

NO WAY! You're not really going to do this I hope.

Nah.. we thought about deleting certain threads, but I'd hate for you to lose your title. We may just delete certain old posts.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-19-2003 17:46 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Thanks. I haven't read much here in the past couple of days and this was pretty much the first thread I started reading and I wondered what was going on. I can now tell.

05-19-2003 17:48 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy

GEEZ! What a stimulating mess!

I'm sorry if this gave anybody heartburn, but the past discussion has been, to say the least, invigorating. This type of thing is precisely why I "tune in". That, and the great music availability, awesome prices, convenient links, extensive history, nostalgia and the unflappable heart of ye residents.

Friends?

August 2005
05-19-2003 19:29 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Friends?

YeS Big Grin

05-20-2003 07:25 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by carl
So does this mean the Gang of 60 will be liberated any day now too? Big Grin

Yes.. Many of them shipped out before we left town, the rest are going out now.

"Now" really means "now" this time, right? I won't have to feel like an burro yet again another 2-4 weeks from now for once again pleading to receive something everyone else (except the G'o'60, of course) got more than four months ago and was yet again promised to go out to me "now," right?

(there. I think I got all my assiness out on this one.... I feel so... liberated.... Big Grin )

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-20-2003 07:25 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by carl

"Now" really means "now" this time, right? I won't have to feel like an burro yet again another 2-4 weeks from now for once again pleading to receive something everyone else (except the G'o'60, of course) got more than four months ago and was yet again promised to go out to me "now," right?

Now always meant now. THe only reason the entire group of leftovers didn't go out before we left town was simply because we ran out of time.

By the way, it was originally something like 150 of them that didn't go out originally.. then a bunch went out sometime later when the money was there.. then we were down to the 60.. some of those went out before we left.

05-20-2003 12:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-K....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-20-2003 13:20 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

one last time... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(temporarily removed)

05-20-2003 14:54 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

hmmmmmmmmm....................
05-21-2003 13:16 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

(HELP! I'm a valid comment and I've been removed too!)

Shocked

August 2005
05-21-2003 13:19 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

(help - I'm a veiled comet and I've been rebuked)
05-21-2003 13:21 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

byrd is a (oh crap, here I go again!)

August 2005
05-21-2003 13:39 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
quote:
Friends?

YeS Big Grin

define "friends" Tongue

05-21-2003 13:50 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
quote:
Friends?

YeS Big Grin

define "friends" Tongue

see dr. rich, he's my b**** thread.... Shocked

Cool
05-21-2003 13:51 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

right! Tongue

05-21-2003 13:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I'm nobody's b*****!

I'm a slut.

August 2005
05-21-2003 14:03 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAconomics

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH